No announcement yet.

(LIVE UPDATE) Formula D ATLANTA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

taka had every driver, pit crew , team manager cheering for him after the 4 runs were over...so it seems everyone in the stands and at the top of the hill knew what was happening...too bad the judges couldn't see it.

the corolla is a proven...challenging platform to drift with. when you see driving like we saw last night, it makes it that much more amazing and exciting. and don't bash sam for using what he has.

Comment

nextboost isnt it funny how the corolla is outdated and still cot up to the viper in the turns? 200 hp next to 1000000hp? i think thats amazing... and corollas could be powerful and fast foools... every true car fan knows this for example look at ken maeda. gze block 20 valve head t28 turbo? 350 hp? on a corolla.it be leaving all the cars in smoke when he wants... people do all motor to have fun and to make the sport more challenging and if its harder and u do as good as someone who is doing as good in a turbo car? wouldnt that make you feel awesome? i know it would make me feel awesome. stop hating on AE86... its a veteran and still taking home the cup sometimes... look at round 2 odaiba ueo took it 1st place all motor baby... yeah i tot so.

Comment

Heh K. I wasn't that hard to find, I had a black hat on that said SIXGUN and had GHOST on the back of it We sat on the bleachers, no way was I squating in the dirt again this year.

Comment

Here you go. Pictures of FD Road Atlanata and a vid clip of Sams and Taka's runs.

Formula D Road Atlanta

The site is getting hammered and it may have to come down soon.

Comment

If the corolla is 350hp and the viper 500hp the weight differance balances it all out then why the hate for the viper, too much Initial D ricers maybe.

First the Viper CC, the GTO boos now a normal viper more hate, hell if its not a Jap driver in a 86 or Silva its unfair right.

All motor turbo 4cyl 10cyl 8.0 2.0 stop whining that a certain car is better.

Everybody wanted the underdog 86 to win against the evil viper, the judges don't consider such BS a reason for someone to win. First Millen in the GTO now Sam in the Viper the ricers are crying foul, a 86 must win at least once Inital D was a documentary not cartoon.

Maybe some FD driver will whine in their complaints against the Viper.

Comment

wow.
              i was talking to this subject to a friend awhile ago and we couldnt reach a good solution.
              i too think 86s are pieces of crap that are outdated and dont belong in competition. unfortunatley if you limit what can enter a drift competition then you ruin the sport and itll turn into just 3 or 4 different kind of cars. i like jap cars a lot, but do not blindly love all things japanese like most of my friends.
              i DO NOT beleive that handicaps should be given because you drive a crappier car. however, in this case sam just got beat.
              i would love to see corvettes compete and wonder where they are. maybe a few more years. (lets see if drifting lasts that long and is still growing)
              i think that a HP limit should be placed. (is there one??)
              i also think that most of the silvias or other sr20det nissans need to step it up to rb26 power to stay competitive. people shouldnt whine about power. they should get some more of their own.
              whatever.

Comment

A car in drifting doesnt rely on speed. I bet Sam wasnt even pushing it all the way, when he has a car with 500+ hp you dont have to against one with 200 at most. The corolla has about 200-275, I doubt its higher than that. When he was at wall, you can clearly hear him doing only pressing 1/2 of the throttle for small bursts of the time, even on the straight he wasnt gunning it. Maybe in ATL it was diffrent but Sam has been racing for years, I doubt he would be unsportsman like, he doesnt need to.

PS- "One more time" is D1, this is FD so think of something else to say.

PSS- Corollas arnt outdated, but your stupid ideas are. They are ideal cars to drift and thats why people use them even in intense competition. I think you should get out of the cave you have been in. Dont ever flame them especially on a forum with hundreds of 86 lovers. Just like your name states, sTHIRTEEN(yro)..etc.

PSS- DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO GET A RB26 INTO A 240, OR EVEN IF IT WOULD BE COMPETITIVE?!?! ITS MORE WEIGHT AND NOT ALOT OF POWER, RB26 IS AWD, 240 IS RWD, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LOOK UP INFORMATION BEFORE YOU POST COMMENTS LIKE THIS!
                Last edited by NismoSigma; 05-09-2005, 04:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NextBoost
                  The 86 is a old pile of crap, its outdated and should not compete. Its the drivers choice to run an inferior car.
                  Wow, you just insulted half of the people on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by NismoSigma
                    A car in drifting doesnt rely on speed. I bet Sam wasnt even pushing it all the way, when he has a car with 500+ hp you dont have to against one with 200 at most. The corolla has about 200-275, I doubt its higher than that. When he was at wall, you can clearly hear him doing only pressing 1/2 of the throttle for small bursts of the time, even on the straight he wasnt gunning it. Maybe in ATL it was diffrent but Sam has been racing for years, I doubt he would be unsportsman like, he doesnt need to.

PS- "One more time" is D1, this is FD so think of something else to say.

PSS- Corollas arnt outdated, but your stupid ideas are. They are ideal cars to drift and thats why people use them even in intense competition. I think you should get out of the cave you have been in. Dont ever flame them especially on a forum with hundreds of 86 lovers. Just like your name states, sTHIRTEEN(yro)..etc.

PSS- DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO GET A RB26 INTO A 240, OR EVEN IF IT WOULD BE COMPETITIVE?!?! ITS MORE WEIGHT AND NOT ALOT OF POWER, RB IS AWD, 240 IS RWD, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LOOK UP INFORMATION BEFORE YOU POST COMMENTS LIKE THIS!
                    no sir, rb25det, rb20det drivetrain is rwd

Comment

personally i think its funny how sam did so great last year in a viper and now hes not on top... i think it has to do with the fact that last years car was just built ot the hilt and i think that it was unfair last year its nice to see someone else on top no i am not dissing on sams drifting/driving skills but does anyone else notice how hes not dominating this year too...

Comment

Originally posted by D1 DRIFTER
                        personally i think its funny how sam did so great last year in a viper and now hes not on top... i think it has to do with the fact that last years car was just built ot the hilt and i think that it was unfair last year its nice to see someone else on top no i am not dissing on sams drifting/driving skills but does anyone else notice how hes not dominating this year too...
                        It's only round #2, and Sam took 1st. hmmmm

I dunno....Taka kicked *Censored**Censored**Censored*. I think sam was a little bit better because of his HP, but still, excitement is part of the VOTE...and Taka should of had all 10's and this should have compensated.

Oh well....I sat on the hill and enjoyed it all.

Charles

Comment

Originally posted by INFO
                          Cartune S13 hit the wall.
                          For the 100th time

James Bonaduchi or whatever his names was right in the *Censored**Censored**Censored* white s13 w/ all the graphics on it?
                          Last edited by NiteKids; 05-11-2005, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Anyone have a video of the event instead of jumping to conclusions!?

Comment

The RB26 isnt AWD, the RB25 isnt Rwd and the RB20 isnt rwd either.

they are all engines, it doesnt matter what car theyre in. people can fit an RB26 sideways into a car and make it FWD for all you know. an engine doesnt make a car AWD RWD or FWD.
                              no sir, rb25det, rb20det drivetrain is rwd
                              no sir, you are wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by MrRiceRocket
                                It's only round #2, and Sam took 1st. hmmmm

I dunno....Taka kicked *Censored**Censored**Censored*. I think sam was a little bit better because of his HP, but still, excitement is part of the VOTE...and Taka should of had all 10's and this should have compensated.

Oh well....I sat on the hill and enjoyed it all.

Charles

So what if he took 1st? Robbie passed him in NJ. He had an insane line coming off the horseshoe. He deserved it.

Comment

Working...
                                X