(LIVE UPDATE) Formula D ATLANTA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NismoSigma
    Anyone have a video of the event instead of jumping to conclusions!?
    the only 'video' I have I can not export. For some reason, everytime I stick the firewire cable in my ear....it just doesn't seem to work. Sucks too...I had awesome seats on the 3rd row of the clay hill. couldn't get much better.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuner
      So what if he took 1st? Robbie passed him in NJ. He had an insane line coming off the horseshoe. He deserved it.
      I'm NOT saying sam DIDN'T deserve it. out of the top 4, he held his own and earned the win. The thing that everybody is questioning was in the final 8, when Taka and Sam went head to head. they had to do it 4x's, and would have gone for 5 if TAkas AE86 wasn't overheating. The fact that they went 4x's (and almost 5) shows HOW CLOSE IT WAS. And Taka brought 'The excitement' that should have got him the win.

Judging is judgemental....but it was clear that Taka should have won. (and if you doubt that, than why didn't any other tandem group go 4+x's?

food for thought.

Comment

Originally posted by slideways2004
        no sir, rb25det, rb20det drivetrain is rwd

stock transmissons, configurations

Comment

Originally posted by NismoSigma
          A car in drifting doesnt rely on speed. I bet Sam wasnt even pushing it all the way, when he has a car with 500+ hp you dont have to against one with 200 at most. The corolla has about 200-275, I doubt its higher than that. When he was at wall, you can clearly hear him doing only pressing 1/2 of the throttle for small bursts of the time, even on the straight he wasnt gunning it. Maybe in ATL it was diffrent but Sam has been racing for years, I doubt he would be unsportsman like, he doesnt need to.

PS- "One more time" is D1, this is FD so think of something else to say.

PSS- Corollas arnt outdated, but your stupid ideas are. They are ideal cars to drift and thats why people use them even in intense competition. I think you should get out of the cave you have been in. Dont ever flame them especially on a forum with hundreds of 86 lovers. Just like your name states, sTHIRTEEN(yro)..etc.

PSS- DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO GET A RB26 INTO A 240, OR EVEN IF IT WOULD BE COMPETITIVE?!?! ITS MORE WEIGHT AND NOT ALOT OF POWER, RB26 IS AWD, 240 IS RWD, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LOOK UP INFORMATION BEFORE YOU POST COMMENTS LIKE THIS!
          you are a moron.
          corollas are an old school favorite that people cant let go. noneheless it's come to the point where most pros are abandoning the old crap box and jumping into competitive cars. sorry to inform all the 86 lovers on the forum i just offended.
          dont infer anything by my stpuid forum name. i use the same name on all forums for the past 5-6 years. i have not been in a cave my friend. your short wheel base, solid rear, and lack of real power adds up to a car that is only cool, once you alter it so much that only the only resemblance to stock is it's ugly little shape. i think most 86 owners know this and just dont care. that's fine.
          and on the topic of the rb26- you know nothing. they go into s cars with the greatest of ease, weigh like 100 lbs more, and that weight is worth it in power. (especially the power band which few ricer *Censored**Censored**Censored*s like yourself will ever consider.)
          that viper makes 500whp at *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ing idle. all the little fours.... have you ever seen a dyno graph.
          stfu if you dont what you'ree talking about just cause you're hurt i called a turd a turd.

Comment

Originally posted by s13SRmadness
            you are a moron.
            corollas are an old school favorite that people cant let go. noneheless it's come to the point where most pros are abandoning the old crap box and jumping into competitive cars. sorry to inform all the 86 lovers on the forum i just offended.
            dont infer anything by my stpuid forum name. i use the same name on all forums for the past 5-6 years. i have not been in a cave my friend. your short wheel base, solid rear, and lack of real power adds up to a car that is only cool, once you alter it so much that only the only resemblance to stock is it's ugly little shape. i think most 86 owners know this and just dont care. that's fine.
            and on the topic of the rb26- you know nothing. they go into s cars with the greatest of ease, weigh like 100 lbs more, and that weight is worth it in power. (especially the power band which few ricer *Censored**Censored**Censored*s like yourself will ever consider.)
            that viper makes 500whp at *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ing idle. all the little fours.... have you ever seen a dyno graph.
            stfu if you dont what you'ree talking about just cause you're hurt i called a turd a turd.
            You sir, needs to stay in school.

-Al

Comment

you are a moron.
              corollas are an old school favorite that people cant let go. noneheless it's come to the point where most pros are abandoning the old crap box and jumping into competitive cars.
              Please enlighten me as to how the AE86 isn't competitive when UEO just won the most recent round of D1 in his AE86. Seeing as how THere are several AE86's competing in D1 and doing quite well, I'd say you are a bit off base in your assumption. If you believe this to be wrong, then please bring tech to back up your response.

your short wheel base, solid rear, and lack of real power adds up to a car that is only cool, once you alter it so much that only the only resemblance to stock is it's ugly little shape.
              So adding a turbo, changing the suspension while still using stock mounting points, and removing the interior for weight loss is different than every other modified car...how?

and on the topic of the rb26- you know nothing. they go into s cars with the greatest of ease
              Provided you use McKinney's $1100 dollar mount kit (although this can be worked around if you use a skyline crossmember, which still doesn't really fit), have a custom downpipe made, don't mind spending several hundred on wiring, don't mind spending the money to purchase a RB25 tranny and oil pan, and don't mind purchasing a stand alone to get any real power out of it. But I agree, "with the greatest of ease".

that viper makes 500whp at *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ing idle.
              Actually, the 500hp is at 5600rpm. Close though.

all the little fours.... have you ever seen a dyno graph. stfu if you dont what you'ree talking about just cause you're hurt i called a turd a turd.
              I have, and I'm not pissed that you called my car a turd. I like my car and I could really care less what some faceless keyboard cowboy on a forum thinks of it. I have issue with people like you spouting off false tech to others because you think you are better than they are. Well you're not and until you can back up your assumptions with tech and facts, you are going to get called on it by people like me.

Byron

Comment

Q

On a lighter, and less retarded note...I now present the Drift Alliance Formula D Hotlanta recap.

First off, Cars & Drivers.
                Ryan Hampton and JR "Vaughn" Gitten were already seeded from being in the top 20 from the NJ event. Chris Forsberg and Tony Angelo needed to qualify to get one of the final 12 spots on Friday. Chris was destroying the course all of practice, and it looked like his car had none of the problems it did at the last event. Tony had a couple of good runs, and then a couple that looked like he was a 7 year old retarded girl driving his FD. Turns out he was fine, but the car was blowing intercooler pipes off. So he goes and fixes that. Qualifying time comes, Chris is one of the first to go...practice run - bombs into the first turn, spins out, and the car doesnt move...he gets towed off. Turns out he blew up his diff. But he had the chance to slap another one in there back in the pits with an oppertunity to still run his 2 qualifying laps. We are all nervous. In the meantime, Tony is in the middle of the pack...his practice run...the car was all over the place, and you could tell there were more car problems..he doesnt run his qualifying laps, and instead his hood is popped and he waits it out. Chris makes his re-enterance with his car all fixed, we all cheer like lil school girls. He makes his two qualifying runs, and destroys the course again. Rad. Tony is back up to do his qualifying runs, he takes off down the first straight and about 50 feet in he turns the car around and goes back up the hill. Still blowing off pipes. With no other option he jumped in our homeboy Carluch's car, who had drove awesome all day but spun on his qualifying runs. This car had driven all the way down from NJ, and Tony had never driven it ever. He lays down a couple of amazing runs. Chris qualifies 2nd and Tony 4th. Rad again. Congrats to my homie Ryan Turk aka Hampshaa for qualifying as well. JR and Hampton get to drive that night as well for practice. JR's mustang is still being wrenched on, so he has got to drive his buddies S13. Hamptons S13 was having a few difficulties, but he was still ripping. JR's mustang made its grand enterance minutes before the practice ended, he didn't get a chance to drive it.

The next day the big event. I'm not gonna lie, I missed a good deal of the top 16 qualifying runs due to umm...well crazy crazy reasons. I did catch some of it, and our boys were ripping. JR had his mustang and was driving it like he had been driving it his whole life. Tony was driving the STREET 240 amazing, and Chris was being Chris, pure awesome. I didnt see Hampton run, but I believe his car was acting up. JR qualified 5th, Chris qualified 6th and Tony qualified 15th. Radddd. Now its time for the top 16, which I was able to watch all of. Tony is up first against Rhys. I am pretty sure Tony drove that car at about 150% of its capabilty. He tore up the track...but Rhys was on his game as always, and pulled out the win. Chris was up against Taka....his new diff was about to explode, and was not trying to blow it up, so he did not risk heat setting (big nasty burnout) the brand new tires that were on the car before he ran. They were super super slick. He went way deep into the first turn and also spun out. He was out. Damn hell poop. JR was up against someone, I forget who..but someone. He rips into turn one and his supercharger/power steering belt breaks and he plows through the infield. Rad, but not really. He managed to still finish the tandem battle pretty well considering he didnt have power steering in that hog. JR was out. So thats it. They did their best with what was thrown at them. They will be wrenching hard to get the cars ready and reliable for Houston.

I'll write up about the more insane party side of the Drift Alliance weekend in a lil while. I'm exhausted from writing all of this. I hate Tony for making me do it.

Comment

Hehe, he called me a turd turd! I feel very offended, but at least now I know that Darwins theory of creatures evolving into smarter beings is wrong, so there is a god and your proof! Jaggori thank you for posting the stuff that I was going to post. Just because you have 1000+ posts on "FreshAlloy.com" doesnt mean you should start acting like you know everything. STEVEN from BOONTOWN, just be quiet, your giving guys from NJ a bad name.

PS-CONGRATS TO SAMUEL! DAMN VIKING!
                  Last edited by NismoSigma; 05-09-2005, 11:41 AM.

Comment

P.S. Adam Barker wore a bikini in the Drift Alliance love Spa!
                    Does DA love J-rod?????

C'mon where's the love and please tell the kids who's
                    Rock & Roll!!!!

Back me up here DA!

Comment

Originally posted by .Al
                      You sir, needs to stay in school.

-Al
                      cha-ching!

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous
                        P.S. Adam Barker wore a bikini in the Drift Alliance love Spa!
                        Does DA love J-rod?????

C'mon where's the love and please tell the kids who's
                        Rock & Roll!!!!

Back me up here DA!
                        I have no idea why these guys have so much problems of the announcer. Seriously.

I was at the D1 Event and everyone hated the announcer. To me, its entertainment and can careless what they need to say. I still listen but I can't believed people gets irritated by what other have to say....

I watched the NJ event. You were doing fine. Don't stop what you doing.

Fo-serious I just don't understand why.

-Al

Comment

Someone posted earlier that sam was blipping the throttle at the apex instead of flooring it like the D1 drivers...meaning that sam had less smoke etc. i cant find that post but shouldnt he blip it? if you havent noticed, most of the d1 cars are turbo, meaning they have turbo lag, whether it is only a little or alot. perhaps that is the reason that they can floor it:
                          1. to spool the turbo
                          2. not enough power to spin the car

whereas if sam floors it:
                          1. instant response of engine
                          2. spinout

just my two cents on that thought

Comment

This was discussed many many times between the dudes involved with DA, and I can speak for all of Drift Alliance and say that DA LOVES J-Rod. He's a scholar and a gentleman...a bonified rockstar, and is pure rock and roll. How about when he asked the fans on Friday what they wanted to listen to, and when someone said Sublime, he laughed at them. Genious.

Please stop the retarded posts about how he says something stupid or repeats something. Talking on a mic and trying to make things fun for everyong all f'ing day is a task. I've announced at a bunch of drift events, so i kinda know. This dude is the best. Don't listen to the nay-sayers J-Rod, you were on point this weekend. If they keep it up we'll knife fight them all.

Comment

Originally posted by dreamdrivedrift
                              Someone posted earlier that sam was blipping the throttle at the apex instead of flooring it like the D1 drivers...meaning that sam had less smoke etc. i cant find that post but shouldnt he blip it? if you havent noticed, most of the d1 cars are turbo, meaning they have turbo lag, whether it is only a little or alot. perhaps that is the reason that they can floor it:
                              1. to spool the turbo
                              2. not enough power to spin the car

whereas if sam floors it:
                              1. instant response of engine
                              2. spinout

just my two cents on that thought
                              Doenst matter if its turbo or na or a big f'in v10, when your floored the power is gettin laid down.

And yes, we all love J-Rod!

This weekend was pretty nuts, lots of car problems, barely any practice laps, and alot of crazy calls from the judges. Its getting pretty ridiculous.
                              www.chrisforsberg.com
                              www.driftalliance.com
                              www.nosdrift.com
                              www.hankooktireusa.com

Comment

Originally posted by Topics II
                                and alot of crazy calls from the judges. Its getting pretty ridiculous.
                                Don't we all love to know... don't we E-Drifters?

Spill em out fool.

-Al

Comment

Working...
                                X