• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a competitor list yet?
    www.driftalliance.com
    TEAM FALKEN

Comment

We meant to publish a list this morning. In all honesty, the office is swamped this week with final show preparations and registrations - not just for this show, but for other events handled by this promoter that have yet to occur. We will do out best to publish a list tomorrow, but in all honesty, that is not our first priority.

We have a media opportunity for two drift cars (each with competant drifters and cars with two seats) taking place at IRP at 5:30 am until 9:00 am on Thursday, August 18th. Should you be interested in and capable of fulfilling this request, please contact GM Allen at your first convenience.

For those who have pre-registered, thank you. We will be sending a confirmation email shortly.

Comment

ter-tech.com

we have 3 cars signed up.

Comment

The following has been updated on the event site ...

- FAQ now answers questions about weather and directions.

- The radio spot / audio link has been modified to include event supporting sponsor Greed Custom Wheels.

It is under consideration to modify the classification requirements differentiating Pro and Amateur status. While the safety and risk management of the event will not be compromised, we recognize that a great number of competitors can compete at a professional level but simply lack a roll cage. At this point, the rules stand as they are - boiling down to the distinction that a cage is necessary for tandem drifting - which will be the competition format for the pro entrants. At such a time as a decision is made, this will be posted on the site. It is recommended that the FAQ page be bookmarked and set to be automatically crawled for updates.

Lastly, we are investigating the idea of a group karting event on - most likely - Friday evening. We likely would do this at Fastimes Indoor Karting at about 8 PM on Friday night. We'll likely come up with some embarrasing prize for the fastest lap time of the night. If you haven't been to Fastimes, it stands as a unique and challenging course that has been built into the former space of a racquetball court. This two-level course offers no rest for the forearms and is VERY demanding with MUCH more bite in the karts than Dromo One. It also offers a four-corner sequence that can be drifted very effectively. It's much less expensive for us to just go as individuals rather than try to book a private event. If interested, let us know here or at the event contact page.

Comment

HOLD ON
            this is on tv when and where

Comment

The TV deal has existed since March of this year and is one of the first questions answered on the FAQ page.

On Wednesday, August 16th, I'll be travelling or in production for most of the day. Should you phone me and the system go directly into voicemail, that means that I am on a plane or in session. Please leave a voice mail and I'll be with you as promptly as I can. Please speak slowly and clearly and leave me your 10-digit phone number. Please briefly and concisely let me know what you need.

Should you wish, you may try D Figg who is also listed on the event contact page. Though he likely can help, please remember that he not only is overseeing me - the drifting guy, but also the car show guy, the DJ guy, the drag stip guy, etc.

Also, my outgoing message isn't fancy - you've got the right number if you hear a female text-to-speech voice say, "one two five zero - begin recording at the tone".

Thank you again, everyone for your overwhelming enthusiasm.

Comment

Originally posted by takakumi_suti
                we have 3 cars signed up.
                Who from the SFL crew is going with you all??

Comment

drivers,Harri, Santi, Dori Dori, and few people for pit crew. Didn't have much time to prepare for this one ....

Comment

Harri is gonna go kick some *Censored**Censored**Censored*!!

Comment

Look out for the CTS-V!!!!!!!!!

Comment

so is there a list of whos competing in the ''pro'' bracket yet?

Comment

The site's been updated with a couple of pix from this morning's media hits.

Comment

Photos from today's practice session have been posted as well as a video of the track layout. The video is 14 Mb and was shot from a golf cart running the course. The photos are between one and two Mb.

Please link from the event's front page.

Comment

Go Sammy in the Tiger Racing 240sx
                              http://www.playinthestreet.com/itb/IMG_0014.JPG
                              Last edited by my 1 88 u; 08-19-2005, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Griff:

Wish you much success with this event! Wish we could be there...

Comment

Working...
                                X