ESPN / Toyo Drift - 8/19, 20 & 21 in Indy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by j.r.
    By no means am i saying dont hold events. Are you kidding? I think there needs to be more events all over the country and I am proactively working on making that happen as well as clinics. There is just no need for a conflicting series which is what they have been and are still trying to make happen. 1 off events like this one in Indiana should be all over the place however a official "busch" type series is the only thing we need right now for up and coming drivers to get some support and accell to the next level.

Later,

JR
    i must have misunderstood you , well and i agree with you
    thanks
    Johnpaul

Comment

Been out for quite a bit ... wow ... what a lot to come back to ...

For the kind words, thank you. For the unkind ones, nice of you to tell us a little bit about yourself.

Perhaps a bit much was read into my allusion to saving the drifting world ... please let me put your minds at ease ...

I'm in the business of media, PR and marketing - not drifting. I was contracted to oversee the operation of a one-off event - and I did. And that's the end of that.

I've made my living in this industry and been around long enough to see many beginnings, middles and ends. The stupidity of adding another sanction is so blatantly obvious that I'm not even going to dignify the idiocy of that accusation with elaboration. In fact, I ask why that assumption was taken and unfoundedly acted upon. Though I didn't detail exactly what was being discussed and by whom, I was vague for a reason. I didn't mean to imply that my evil plot was to surreptitiously take over the drifting world, I was attempting to inspire some hope.

Hope that if drifters continue to develop the sport; dispel its myths; stand against drifting on the street; compete in a mature, fair and adult fashion; and exist as a professional and desirable sport; that people with checkbooks and decision-making power would continue to take notice and offer better things that the sport needs.

Drifting is about heart and ability and it always has been. Yes, you can spend a little bit of money; but it's time and skill and practice that will make someone a better drifter - not money. Making drifting about the money is what will kill it. That is not where the people, minds, discussions, etc are pointed that I was referring to.

I hope this offers clarity, understanding and ease.

Comment

yo GMA... i thought you did a great job in Indy, especially for your first time. Even tho you yelled at me a few times, i understand you need to put ur foot down and show us punk, know it all drivers whos boss.

Comment

Originally posted by j.r.
          however a official "busch" type series is the only thing we need right now for up and coming drivers to get some support and accell to the next level.
          .....amen.

Comment

Originally posted by GMA
            Been out for quite a bit ... wow ... what a lot to come back to ...

For the kind words, thank you. For the unkind ones, nice of you to tell us a little bit about yourself.

Perhaps a bit much was read into my allusion to saving the drifting world ... please let me put your minds at ease ...

I'm in the business of media, PR and marketing - not drifting. I was contracted to oversee the operation of a one-off event - and I did. And that's the end of that.

I've made my living in this industry and been around long enough to see many beginnings, middles and ends. The stupidity of adding another sanction is so blatantly obvious that I'm not even going to dignify the idiocy of that accusation with elaboration. In fact, I ask why that assumption was taken and unfoundedly acted upon. Though I didn't detail exactly what was being discussed and by whom, I was vague for a reason. I didn't mean to imply that my evil plot was to surreptitiously take over the drifting world, I was attempting to inspire some hope.

Hope that if drifters continue to develop the sport; dispel its myths; stand against drifting on the street; compete in a mature, fair and adult fashion; and exist as a professional and desirable sport; that people with checkbooks and decision-making power would continue to take notice and offer better things that the sport needs.

Drifting is about heart and ability and it always has been. Yes, you can spend a little bit of money; but it's time and skill and practice that will make someone a better drifter - not money. Making drifting about the money is what will kill it. That is not where the people, minds, discussions, etc are pointed that I was referring to.

I hope this offers clarity, understanding and ease.

Griff thanks for trying to clarify however my "accusation" stemmed from seeing someone from WDC there and knowing what they are\were trying to do and i just wanted to voice my valid point once again about the issues that would stem from them being able to successfully do what they are trying. IF you were not at all considering working with them I was a bit off but this statement " think that some good thinking in terms of drifting has finally joined together and the hope is for these people to solve a lot of problems that are seen within the sport and to avert a premature demise such as what is seen in sport compact drag racing." sure seems alot deeper then some PR and marketing opportunities to me and im sure everyone else. If you would like to elaborate on that statement it would be great to clear it up. If not thats cool too.

JR
            www.driftalliance.com
            TEAM FALKEN

Comment

Working...
            X