ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FF3 - Casting Process - the latest information!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D1 DRIFTER
    yo george any luck with either of my rides this is Riley.. White RHD mr2 or the S14? sry to bother just wondering im thinking of sellin my Sw20 soon so just want to know whats up.. thanks for your time....

Riley

AIM- rps13drifter05
    Haven't seen the list of cars they asked us to call back yet. will know later tonite...

Comment

Wow...you should write for cable TV...you're great at penning fiction.

You know the truth...people like Noel Rollon, Chris Milano, Tarzan Yamada, etc.etc. CAME TO US! Mr. Milano got stroked around by Marck, he got cast through us.
      Nice attempt to distort the facts.

Bottom line: they're being cast...through us, because you couldn't deliver AND THEY CALLED US! Some of these guys have been on my site for MONTHS! Noel's RX7 was on our site since JUNE!!! Your allegations are baseless and you know it.

Cars that get damaged will be reimbursed for the repairs...on the many projects I've worked on, a total of five cars were damaged. All were repaired at the studio's expense. Will they be repaired before SEMA, no way...impossible. Are you suggesting that we stiff Universal and not get them cars because SEMA is coming? Nice way to serve your client!!

Each car owner has to decided for himself if this is an issue for them.

Whatever your discussions with Universal, the fact remains that the pay rate through ANYBODY casting for this gig is the same. Play yourself up to be a hero of the people, you still won't be able to deliver any more money to the car's owners. RHD cars are indeed rare, but the reality is that I have over 600 cars lining up for 80 spots, and a good chunk are RHD. Some are coming from Canada!! Most are honored for the opportunity and most realize that the increase in their resale values are of additional benefit. If there was more money to be had, I'd go for it. I know (because I was there and you weren't) that the budget for part 2 was even greater than this movie, yet all extras cars were paid $150...including the driver.

Funny, first you said I was pocketing money, I proved you wrong.
      Next you said your boy did all the car casting, then you ignored my rebuttals about him never getting a credit for casting a single thing. You better check with your attorney, bud, as accusing someone of doing something illegal is Libel and I have no problem turning this matter over to my shark lawyer.

You also said that it was "revealed last month" about Marck casting cars...where? In what media? Show me the print! You can't, because it's fantasy.

Putting cars in movies was rare???? This business has been around for 50 years, I've been doing for five years, you've been doing it for 3 weeks.

Last but not least, the REAL chain of command is MovieCarZ ---> UNIVERSAL TRANSPORTATION DEPARTMENT...PERIOD. My boss is A DIRECT EMPLOYEE OF UNIVERSAL. Call my boss, they answer the phone "FF3 Production."

I warned you, Jacob about being unprofessional. Now you've forced me to clear the air and expose the true nature and scope of your team's debauchery.

This is the email that Jacob sent to AutomotiveForums.com (another LEGIT CASTING REP from this movie who is employed DIRECTLY by Universal);

<i>I'ld realy hate to see you being made a fool of.
      Some one has played a realy dirty trick on you regarding the casting procedure for FF3.
      The the REAL related info, read on:

http://www.everythingdrift.com/index...id=16&Itemid=2

Feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns you may have. We are here to help.
      fastandfurious3cars@hotmail.com</i>

The comedy here is that AF.com is PAID and HIRED by Universal (just like me) to find cars. It gets better:

Here is the email from Marck Fernandez's FORMER partner from MAXITOut Video:

posted September 22, 2003 6:51 PM

A little background on me

My Name is Jose and I produce Max It Out VDO Magazine.
      My First Car was a 91 Hyundai Sonata which was one of or the first Hyundai's to ever be customized in 1993. Unfortunately it was totaled in a crash but had a chance to show it for a year.

Well it has been brought to my attention that Mr. Marck Fernandez represented Max it Out Video here. Here are the true, hard, cold, facts....

I swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help me GOD!

FYI:
      The Elantra featured in Max It Out Issue 5 is owned by Hyundai USA and not by the person who claims ownership. It is actually being looked for by Hundai to be taken back.

As for Marck Fernandez not shooting for us:
      Why will it be different without him?

He knows only what I taught him. He just can Point and Shoot and has no camera, editing or computer skills. So why will it be different?

He also was just an extra in FF and not a car coordinator, just read the credits and see for yourselves. The Car Coordinator for both movies was Craig Lieberman! From the beginning, don't take my word for it check it out for yourselves.

We will all see how Stripdown will do? Some people will just have to learn the hard way! I don't know why people are overtaken with his smooth talk, Mann why are people on this guys nuts?

All you guys paid for what you have on your Hyundai's, That makes it worth a million dollars more than Hyundai's loaner to Marck!

I would like to let you all know that I will continue to support all the Hyundais out there, sponsered or not.

Please let us know if there is any hot Hyundai’s that can be Featured on Max It Out. Post all information on http://www.maxitout.tv forum page.
      Thanks

Sincerely
      Jose Martinez
      Max It Out VDO Magazine
      www.maxitout.tv

If needs be, I'll post the email from HYUNDAI NORTH AMERICA directly about this referenced vehicle. They want it back...you guys ignore this issue everytime I bring it up. WHERE'S THE CAR, MARCK???????????

As for the lawsuit pending from Herbie, I'm not aware of the details other than to say that I DID FIGHT for the client's protection and when the studio didn't pony up, I too believe that it was time to go to court. Hell, I'd testify for the car owner! The studio should have paid the kid and this is a primary reason that on the RESHOOT, I REFUSED to further help the studio.

Take the car's into my possession? Are you aware that the cars go DIRECTLY to the studio? I NEVER touch them. More fiction on your part.

Jacob: I can appreciate that you're a young fellow trying to make a name for yourself...I totally respect that. But I think you've hitched your wagon to the wrong team of mules. There's nothing wrong with you trying to do your best to help your clients, but I will not allow you to do so at the expense of my reputation when I'm in the midst of serving my clients.

My LONG history of placing cars speaks for itself and your repeated slanderous attacks are doing nothing to better serve your clients. Why don't you focus on serving your clients and refrain from further slanderous accusations?

You weren't party to ANY of these projects...you're a late comer, you weren't there and whatever you're hearing third hand and spinning to suit your needs is pure fantasy.

Comment

what email address did that email come from? because it wasn't mine...

all of my email addresses are either slapshotnerd@ something or jacob@ something.

not going to get into the other stuff. I haven't said a single thing that hasn't been backed up with facts. You have a reputation for yourself. That is very true. however, not all of it is good...
        Last edited by EverythingDrift; 10-10-2005, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Not to get involved in this lovely discussion that is going on here. But regarding the email address: "fastandfurious3@hotmail.com".

A quick Google cache search reveals:

http://72.14.207.104/search?q=cache:...mail.com&hl=en

"Slapshotnerd" makes a post at the NASIOC website (just last month). Among the instructions, it says to email georgeg@everythingdrift.com and CC fastandfurious3cars@hotmail.com.

Unless I'm not understanding things correctly...hmm...
          Last edited by DomLee; 10-10-2005, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DomLee
            Not to get involved in this lovely discussion that is going on here. But regarding the email address: "fastandfurious3@hotmail.com".

A quick Google cache search reveals:

http://72.14.207.104/search?q=cache:...mail.com&hl=en

"Slapshotnerd" makes a post at the NASIOC website (just last month). Among the instructions, it says to email georgeg@everythingdrift.com and CC fastandfurious3cars@hotmail.com.

Unless I'm not understanding things correctly...hmm...
            what do you mean?

that same message was posted several other places, including here

in fact, on the EverythingDrift website, the fastandfurious3cars@hotmail.com address is on there too. I don't check the ff3cars email address, nor do i check the georgeg address. I posted up information that was forwarded to me.

if someone asks a question on a message board, and i know someone who has the answer, then i might tell them to email that person. That doesn't mean that i check the email address that i post.

as i said above - my own personal email addresses are all either slapshotnerd@ or jacob@ . And I sign all of my emails with "- Jacob"

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd
              what do you mean?

that same message was posted several other places, including here

in fact, on the EverythingDrift website, the fastandfurious3cars@hotmail.com address is on there too. I don't check the ff3cars email address, nor do i check the georgeg address. I posted up information that was forwarded to me.

if someone asks a question on a message board, and i know someone who has the answer, then i might tell them to email that person. That doesn't mean that i check the email address that i post.

as i said above - my own personal email addresses are all either slapshotnerd@ or jacob@ . And I sign all of my emails with "- Jacob"
              His point was that you're pleading ignorance to the email stating "it didn't come from us" when clearly it did. Its' in the text right on your web page, lending evidence to my assertions that you guys continue to spread misinformation.

Your boy Fernandez sent the email and you know it. And EverythingDrift.com continues to plummet to new lows....

Comment

in reference to all of this... this whole im exposeing you to everyone is getting old very fast..... i totally dont not see the professionalism in either sides if you say you arent going to be unprofessional then dont sit there and show e mails of the opposite company this in turns looks to me as if someone is making money for doing this whole "casting call" which i can understand so why cant you all just be content, and leave the stuff to universal???? someone needs to be the big kid here and leave this be..

Comment

Originally posted by craiglieberman
                  His point was that you're pleading ignorance to the email stating "it didn't come from us" when clearly it did. Its' in the text right on your web page, lending evidence to my assertions that you guys continue to spread misinformation.
                  i said it didn't come from me. You said it came from me.

if you think it came from Marck, then why didn't you say his name and not mine?

Comment

Originally posted by D1 DRIFTER
                    in reference to all of this... this whole im exposeing you to everyone is getting old very fast..... i totally dont not see the professionalism in either sides if you say you arent going to be unprofessional then dont sit there and show e mails of the opposite company this in turns looks to me as if someone is making money for doing this whole "casting call" which i can understand so why cant you all just be content, and leave the stuff to universal???? someone needs to be the big kid here and leave this be..
                    The reason for this is because one party is making slanderous comments and attacks agains the other party and its effecting their business.

If I were in Craig's position I wouldn't sit idle while someone attacked my reputation as well as confused my clients because they were spreading misinformations from a not-so-credible source.

I agree that this is getting old and its gone way too far but I dont place any blame on Craig because he is defending himself and everyone is entitled to that right.

I'd say the reason why Craig is bringing these emails to light is to finally let everyone know once and for all who's legit and who isn't, because this needs to get settled already.

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd
                      i said it didn't come from me. You said it came from me.

if you think it came from Marck, then why didn't you say his name and not mine?
                      It's on YOUR WEBSITE!!! Everythingdrift.com, which is comprised of you, George and Marck Fernandez. Even you can figure out why people are pissed about that.

Sorry if I have bored you all, but those are the facts and trust me there is sooooo much more drama. But instead of boring you and wasting any more of your valuable time with silly banter, feel free to drop us a line with any
                      questions, comments, or concerns, which are FF3 related to:
                      FastandFurious3cars@hotmail.com
                      Then, from the same email address, you start emailing AF.com???? Then you say "I didn't do it."

Your honor, I rest my case.

Comment

Things need to be cleared up. I'm getting worried about leaving two $40,000 cars, putting my reputation and job at JIC on the line when two groups of people are throwing us "this and that" around.

Craig, please call me at JIC so we can clear things up. Also, my vehicles may be delayed. 562-803-6122 or I will call you later tonight or tomorrow morning. Thanks.

Comment

Why can't the slander go through PMs instead of being shown publicly...

Comment

Yukio...great to talk to you tonight...glad we're all cleared up. Can't wait to see the cars on set.

As some of you may have noticed, our friends over at "that other site" were forced to take down their claims posted earlier today about 'getting owners more money' and about 'keep your cars in possession.'

They continue to make claims....and continue to get their claims refuted.

To all MovieCarZ clients; see you Thursday at roll in.

To everyone else: Please remember that there will be ANOTHER group of cars cast in November for another sequence.

We will advise you of all legitimate casting calls, whether it's through us or not.

Comment

I have confirmed long ago that Craig is hired by Universal.

I know this because i talk to universal on a normal basis, I have 3 cars as main character cars in this movie...product placement in 3 for 3 movie so far!

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by craiglieberman
                                WHO HAVE WE CAST SO FAR FOR FAST & FURIOUS 3?

Falken Drift cars

Thank you ALL for your continued support.
                                Is Rotary Power part of this? Since they are sponsored by Falken

Comment

Working...
                                X