No announcement yet.

Formula D 06 news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It should be a really good season for us next year. Hope to see you all there!

Comment

LBGP was simply AWESOME last year with addition to the drifting expo, the only problem being you cant see the whole track (obviously) but drifting the streets was an experience, though over heating was a problem due to the duration and length of the course, I will DEFINATELY be out there.

everyone last year LOVED the drifting expo. i actually think i saw more people watching and chanting for the drifting then the actual grand prix as most people there had never experienced drifting before

any word if press passes are held thru formula d AND the grand prix association for this event or just the grand prix (like last year) ?

Comment

Originally posted by spock
        What happened to the Houston venue? Texas always gets the meat stick when it comes to car stuff. And, no, IDRC doesn't count. No one went to that in the first place.

houston had the lowest number of people that came, well, from atleast my view point that was a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by markshatchi86
          houston had the lowest number of people that came, well, from atleast my view point that was a problem.
          We had the lowest, yet we ran out sitting room, and where cutting it close on fence standing room? Where people stacked on each other at the other events or something?

I guess this means I wont be seeing any professional real life drifting for a while.

Comment

one thing great about the schedule is, there are a lot more actual tracks events compared to parking lot events.

Comment

Funny that no one mentioned Mexico City for next year.

edit: n/m it's on the original post.

I wonder who would even go to Mexico?

Comment

i would be up for it, and yeah houston had people piled everywhere, but it was the lowest attendance by like 300 :-/

i think FD shoudl go back, houston drift scene is exploding. our attendance at the local events ahs more than doubled/tripled since FD houston.

Comment

Finnally Seattle get's some action.

Sorry to hear that you Texas guy's will miss out in 06', this is the first for us in the Northwest as Pro Drifting goes. Look forward to watching some great drifting and maybe even getting out there and mixing it up myself if they'll let me.

Comment

Be on the lookout for Bissel Touge Team. My friend and drift mentor Juan Henao has been picked up as the 2nd driver. He is driving alongside James Boundurant.

The team will be driving S13 coupes for the 06 season built by Henry Chung of Motorsport Dynamics, in N. California, and the East Coast car will be built by Steve Baker of Baker Motorsource in S. Florida.

Sponsors helping out are.....

-Cooper Tires
                    -Toucan Industries
                    -Exedy Clutches
                    -Evans Racing
                    -Motorsports Dynamic
                    -Baker Motorsource

Obi Juan Is an incredible driver. He was one of the first in SFL to really stand out on the track. He has an awsome spirit, and will do anything for you. He has taught me so much about my car. He is very talented, and should make his mark in the next few years. Juan can adapt to any situation, and I give him the utmost respect for stepping up to this level.

People of FD, please look out for him, teach him what you can, and enjoy his sense of humor. He has alot of fans backing him. I cant wait to see what he can do on your level.

Comment

Originally posted by Xantos
                      We had the lowest, yet we ran out sitting room, and where cutting it close on fence standing room? Where people stacked on each other at the other events or something?

I guess this means I wont be seeing any professional real life drifting for a while.
                      but the overall amount of bleechers and standing space was the smallest of all the venues, which made it look to be more then there was.

Comment

everything sounds great except the houston cancellation. it's apparent though why they made that decision. The major factor that i guess made them decide is the track. Houston has no real track. Formula D is trying to move away from parking lot events. Sucks for us houston guys though and what bubba drift said is true about the loal events

Comment

omg soldier field in chicago will be sick!!! STADIUM DRIFTING WOOT!....maybe i can get a cage in the nissan by then... i CANNOT misout on that

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierDrifter
                            omg soldier field in chicago will be sick!!! STADIUM DRIFTING WOOT!....maybe i can get a cage in the nissan by then... i CANNOT misout on that
                            Ur from Chicago and you don't know that Solider Field means the parking lot??? haha nice try I don't think ull be able to compete if you don't know whats going on.

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierDrifter
                              Uhhh... correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Chicago kill like 20 cars?

Comment

Originally posted by yukio@jic-magic
                                Uhhh... correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Chicago kill like 20 cars?
                                I don't know how many actually died, but there were 25-28 cars that crashed. Chicago is a great place for an event, so I hope they find us a little more space in '06. That was the smallest lot of any drift competition of any level I've seen... stupid small.
                                Last edited by foilman; 11-10-2005, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X