Drifting: The truth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you guys are missing the point.

THE POINT IS: Not everyone has 'money problems' or struggles to buy mods for their cars.

Dont get it twisted, Just because someone can afford to build a car doesnt give anyone the right to call them stupid for putting a bodykit or a candy paint job on a car.

EVERYONE was new to this at one time, just because some guy enters the sport with more money than the next guy, It doesnt make him stupid/less than or better than anyone else.

I know 2 guys that hit each other trying to clown one day.
    the first guy had a full carbon front end, molded sides, etc....
    the other guy was in straight 'sleeper mode'. They both had about a grand worth of damage to the actual cars but the guy who had his ride hooked up on the cosmetic end as well... ended up being out 3500 or so.

One car is still being worked on...the other has had the front end replaced,painted,mechanically repaired and ready to go.....Is he 'stupid' or wasting money? No. he's pretty cheesed up. but the other guy would consider it a waste cause his car is still being worked on due to lack of funds.

neither guy is right or wrong......its just life.

Whats a 'big deal' to sum, isnt a 'big deal' to others

Comment

WOOt 4-D you are right. Only real cars are painted black.

Once you go black, you never go back. The blacker the berry, the sweeter the juice. I give a hollar to my sistas on welfare, Ghost care, if don't nobody else care.

Comment

the only reason i would get a kit is to lighten it or increase airflow. DRIFTING.COM IS NOT ABOUT A FATASS KIT OR ANYTHING LIKE IT. i agree with whoever started this thread. ill drift in this.
        Attached Files

Comment

youve got to be kiddin me.......

Please tell me Mr.DRIFTING.COM, what type of car you have that would EVER require a bodykit to the point where its noticeable in performance?

the only reason you would get a kit is to what? "to lighten it or increase airflow" ......are you serious?

LoL!!

Comment

a "functionla kit is rare" because it's been evolved out of the market because of "style" It's a sad day (like nowadays) when function is cast away for form.

If you guys want a "functional kit" it would have to include these minimums, and most people would regard it as rice anyways.

-low chin spoiler, and under body air deflector
            -almost no rear bumper, or one cut up really high to release trapped air under car, also rear air diffuser
            -side skirts that block are even with chin spoiler to prevent air form circulating around the car
            -rear vented fenders to release air turbulence in wheel wells
            -spoiler placed in direct airflow coming over roof of car to minimize turbulance and smooth out airflow
            -no front bumper opening, or bumper opening with direct ducts to prevent "stagnant" areas of airflow.

there's more.

You can replace a lot of body panels with "quality" light weight components, and can actually shed a lot of weight.

So there is such a thing as a functional kit, it's just that all the companies with their Ninja, drifter, WM style kits make it hard to believe such a thing exists

Comment

hey b, c-west does track runs to back there aero kits.

Comment

theres some people that want to try to turn thier drift hobby onto a job and go to drift events and want to get noticed. Right now drifting in the US is just a show, and having a cool looking car drifting at high speeds is part of the show. I agree for for practice and noobs get a cheap car that will get smashed. For wanabe pros skill is a big deal but no one wants to sponser a beat up first gen rx7 with zip ties holding it together.

Comment

Um no front opening in bumper mean you get um cooked motor.

Do what you want, plain and simple. Who knows someone might be a natural and bust perfect drifts and never wreck. But you can bet on mashing things up when you are starting. So spend your hard earned or given dollars on what you want.
                  Don't listen to anyone else tell you what to get, its your money and your car.

Comment

a carbon hood will reduce at last 20 LBS and even out the weight distribution and a aftermarket front bumper can reduce the chance of... IM NOT STUPID
                    Attached Files

Comment

Depends on what car. My RX7 lost only maybe 3-5 lbs going to CF hood. The factory one was close to the same. But the airflow out of the engine bay is much better.

Comment

I think my factory hood was about 60lbs
                        Last edited by DriftGirl; 02-02-2004, 04:47 AM.

Comment

if u get a non "opening" front bumper...then what about the intercooler...assuming one has a turbocharger?

Comment

Say an AE86 got a carbon fiber hood it would lose a lot of weight. A Nissan R34 GTR Vspec II dosent need a carbon fiber hood because it has one from the factory.

Comment

Working...
                            X