• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow lieby is a +20 internet warrior!
    jaydeemcd5 looses 50 cool points!

Griffindor wins the house cup!

Comment

I have seen a few movies about drifting from Japan. Initial D 4th stage kept my interest, I liked it alot. My biggest gripe about this movie is the execution.

America ALWAYS tends to blow things off the scale. They try to pack every single inch of every aspect into film. The style of the movie just plain urks me. Everything is too bright, explosive, political, and biased. I want to see underground drifting, I do not want to see ugly fake asian girls and gangsters doing 180s and shooting at other cars in traffic.

I will be taking my cousin to see this movie. I will enjoy it for what its worth. Rhys did an INCREDIBLE job on the ramp thingie.

Comment

Originally posted by kouki-kun
        I want to see underground drifting,

Hmm... that something you go out for, but not to a theater.

Originally posted by kouki-kun
        I do not want to see ugly fake asian girls
        Are there really any other kinds?

but seriously, there's alot fake acting asian girls.

Comment

Originally posted by craiglieberman
          WTF? Nice post, half-informed jackass.

First of all, the car owner wasn't booked through MovieCarZ. He was booked through 20/20 Marketing.

Second of all, the car was damaged by Asian-hoochies hired by an Extras-casting company, NOT by MovieCarZ actions or inactions. In fact, we protested most VOCIFEROUSLY about the treatment of cars on set by dumbass Extras with more boobs than brains.

FYI: The car was painted unbeknownst to MovieCarZ, too. The car was damaged on set and needed to be repaired to complete the shots.

As far as we know, it was always Universal's intention to paint the car to the owner's satisfaction. Universal first had the on-set team painted the car and buff it out, despite our objections, as we knew that the car was a show car and that the on set repair would not meet the standards of the owner. Both 20/20's rep and I fought hard to assist the owner in getting the issue resolved. The owner was working directly with Universal to resolve the issue to his satisfaction.

MovieCarZ was in no way a party to the damage, the attempt to repair or in the authorization process.

Were you even on set? If you weren't, may I suggest that you learn the facts before you cast aspersions?

Since you're going to talk out your a$$, here's a bib for ya:
          Hey craig... I hate to tell you this but you booked the GT PRO LS 430 through me... I was the one u spoke with on the phone to take care of the date of drop off and when. You probably forgot since I've left the company. So yeah... Who's missing out on information now... Don't try to cover up for yourself by putting the blame on extras. All in all, whoever booked the car, YOU, should and would be responsible for any kind of damages done to a car that is on location for you...regardless if something happens due to an extra, a universal employee or even a pothole on the road... Whoever brought the car to the filming is responsible for any damages.

And second, what does the fact that the hoochies being asian have to do with it... Every race has hoes... But why stress on the fact that they were asian... I could go on about certain races... But there's no need to start anything of that content... Don't be mad cuz I let out a little secret.. Remember... Word gets around quicker than we all want it to... But hey *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* happens. Just man up to it... That's it. I'm driving back from AZ and I'm tired. On with the pictures!

Comment

Originally posted by jaydeemcd5
            Hey craig... I hate to tell you this but you booked the GT PRO LS 430 through me... I was the one u spoke with on the phone to take care of the date of drop off and when. You probably forgot since I've left the company. So yeah... Who's missing out on information now... Don't try to cover up for yourself by putting the blame on extras. All in all, whoever booked the car, YOU, should and would be responsible for any kind of damages done to a car that is on location for you...regardless if something happens due to an extra, a universal employee or even a pothole on the road... Whoever brought the car to the filming is responsible for any damages.

And second, what does the fact that the hoochies being asian have to do with it... Every race has hoes... But why stress on the fact that they were asian... I could go on about certain races... But there's no need to start anything of that content... Don't be mad cuz I let out a little secret.. Remember... Word gets around quicker than we all want it to... But hey *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* happens. Just man up to it... That's it. I'm driving back from AZ and I'm tired. On with the pictures!
            I don't know about the phone conversation that you may or may not have had with Craig on the phone..

But to say that hes repsonsible for the cars on set reguardless of what the people at Unversial do to them is ridiculous.

Everyone who was casted was picked by Universal off of the MovieCarz data base..and when you guys got on set you signed an agreement between yourself and UNIVERSAL NOT MOVIECARZ.

This is NOT CRAIG'S MOVIE and I highly doubt he physically brought the car to the filming as you stated

MovieCarz is merely an agency to help expose your car to producers who want to use them..from that point on its between the production company and the owner of the car to work out responsiblity for damages and liability.

That is CLEARLY stated on the MovieCarZ website and if you read the agreement signed on set then it would be clearly stated there as well.

You try to call Craig on using the extras as scape-goats but you're doing the same thing by trying to blame it on him when he has no responsiblity for that whatsoever.

Anyway he did stand up FIERCELY for the treatment of the cars by the extras even though its not his job to do so..his job was only to put the cars and Universal together. Him going out of his way to make sure you guys dont get screwed and that the pay is decent is above and beyond his duty.

And for the record..ALL the extras on the set were Asian..him stating that FACT isn't "forcing the issue" ...if anyone is forcing that issue its you by trying to insinuate that he made some sort of racist comment.

Comment

Wow, neither of you guys sound very businesslike.

Drifting is just a silly (albeit expensive) hobby, leave it to Hollywood to blow it out of proportion. I am upset because I don't want police and the general public to think that I'm involved in illegal activity (other than street drifting) by virtue of being a drifter. I would imagine that finding venues that are open to hosting events will become much more difficult once drifting is brought to the attention of the masses in a poor light such as F&F3.

Comment

Originally posted by mranlet
                I am upset because I don't want police and the general public to think that I'm involved in illegal activity (other than street drifting) by virtue of being a drifter.
                C'mon ranlet. I have a lot of faith in you, I hear you're a good guy. So don't go blowing it saying you think cops watch movies to get intel. They ticket racy looking cars because they're obvious targets, not because of the illegal antics of Dom Toretto.

But you are right in saying Lieby and his angry friend sound like kids fighting over a swing on the playground.

Comment

Originally posted by jaydeemcd5
                  Hey craig... I hate to tell you this but you booked the GT PRO LS 430 through me...
                  Hey Arnell, I do not ever recall speaking to you. Those couple of days were hectic, I spoke to more than 150 people in the space of 24 hours. I'd like to think I'd remember a name like Arnell Benitez (that is your name, right?)

Since you won't leave it alone, here's the FULL STORY.

Brian was in fact booked after a referral from John Wiser, the Transpo Captain at Universal. I did not know of Brian or GTPro prior to the movie...the referral was to 20/20 from John Wiser, and both Dave from 20/20 and I spoke to Brian during the check in process.

Technically, the booking agent was Universal as Universal's John Wiser made all the contacts. Again, I never knew Brian...he was not a MovieCarZ client.

Somehow, you're interpreting the fact that one of you guys talked to me on set as me being the booking agent. That's not the case.

FYI: Brian's cars are not on my website! He is not a MovieCarZ client. Despite this fact, I did in fact aggressively campaign Universal to take steps to remedy the situation with his 2 cars. As did Dave from 20/20 and even John Wiser. One issue appears to be resolved.

As I recall, Brian had several cars on set and raked in something like $10-20G's for his rentals. You failed to mention that for 8 days of being parked and doing nothing.

The black car was damaged on day 1 of the shoot. One of my guys saw the damage and immediately raised a red flag...again, despite the fact that he was/is not a MovieCarZ client.

With all due respect, if you no longer work for the company, I'm not sure how the matter concerns you.

I find it disturbing that someone who was not a paying client of MovieCarZ was happy to take the money Universal paid out on the gig, then would complain about problems encountered to the non-booking agent.

Neither 20/20 nor I can or will be held responsible for any damages done to vehicles on set. Picture Car Locators merely provide the opportunity...how owners of cars negotiate their deals and subsesquent damages is their responsibility. This is standard procedure. This disclaimer is a condition of posting cars on my site (again...Brian is not a member).

I consider it quite rude that you would openly suggest that we agents have some responsibility for the vehicles on set...clearly you know little about the motion picture industry. While this was your first experience on set, I can assure you it was not mine.

If you or GTPro have any concerns or unresolved issues, I suggest you contact the original booking agent which in this case was Universal. Contact Gary Wordham, the UPM. You may PM me for the contact information.

Crib notes for anyone who cares:
                  If and when you rent your car to a studio, make sure you resolve your issues in a timely matter...after the picture closes production, your feet-dragging will leave the matter unresolved!

Comment

Originally posted by soultron
                    C'mon ranlet. I have a lot of faith in you, I hear you're a good guy. So don't go blowing it saying you think cops watch movies to get intel. They ticket racy looking cars because they're obvious targets, not because of the illegal antics of Dom Toretto.

But you are right in saying Lieby and his angry friend sound like kids fighting over a swing on the playground.
                    Curious as to why you think it's ok for someone to attack another's livelihood without reprisal?

I take my business and my commitment to my clients seriously...if he continues to cast aspersions publicly, I'll continue to state my case.

Sorry if this disinterests you.

Comment

wow! talk about people taking things personally. its a movie..thats it. yes it will bring attention to us, but someone somewhere was going to do it anyways, it was just a matter of time. Emerald and Craig, we still love you! ha ha. how about getting us into the premier???? a guy can dream can't he?

Comment

police already look at my lowered 240sx with 17' wheels and exhaust like it's a honda, this movie won't change that.

Comment

Second of all, the car was damaged by Asian-hoochies hired by an Extras-casting company, NOT by MovieCarZ actions or inactions.
                          I bet if they were white, black, or spanish, you wouldn't add their ethnicity to "hoochie". But whatever, probably done to prove a point but the scene was most likely filmed in Tokyo/with Asian extras, we would've probably gotten the point if you left it at hoochie.

Comment

Lmao..they should of blown up the show car.

Comment

Man... all this talk about bringing MORE sponsors and sponsorships into US drifting?

I know it sounds cliche, but honestly, there are SO many mother*Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ers I know in Japan that are unbelievably good, and they don't *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* because they don't have a full ride sponsor. Most of the stickers on their cars is for friends shops or discounts on items. It's seriously nothing compared to USA drifting, where a nice set of oppai and some makeup gets you a car and transportation.

I dunno, as an enthusiast, and competing drifter (doing it just for the love of it) I don't really think we need MORE sponsors. Well, none that this movie will attract. We need sponsors who have their head on straight and can appreciate good driving and nice cars.

I'm just glad my race car isn't my daily anymore. Like i wasn't pulled over enough already. Once this thing comes out... Ugh. Hopefully cops will understand its just a movie. We'll see.

Comment

Curious as to why you think it's ok for someone to attack another's livelihood without reprisal?

I take my business and my commitment to my clients seriously...if he continues to cast aspersions publicly, I'll continue to state my case.

Sorry if this disinterests you.
                                I just figured maybe it would be more professional to do this in emails or pms.
                                I keep my arguements of the boards for the most part, you'd think a successful man might do the same. Do movie studios pay you more for winning internet battles? The fact that you worked hard to get where you are is fine, but fighting on a forum detracts from that in my opinion. The other party doesn't even seem very credible, but you insist on having the last word.
                                A big man could let it go and take pride in a job well done.

But what do I know, I'm just a guy who works at a mental institution.
                                (golly, big brother is probably watching...)

Comment

Working...
                                X