FF3 PRODUCTION PHOTOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by s0nny80y
    I bet if they were white, black, or spanish, you wouldn't add their ethnicity to "hoochie". But whatever, probably done to prove a point but the scene was most likely filmed in Tokyo/with Asian extras, we would've probably gotten the point if you left it at hoochie.
    LOL...now we're debating hoochies.

Ok...I'll play along.

It wasn't meant as a racial slur. My wife is Chinese. To the contrary, I simply noted that they were Asian hoochies because I thought the term "hoochie" referred to a scantily clad young girl. I added the word "Asian" only because I wanted to make it clear that the extras they were using were all well, Asian.

Not sure if there was another way to say this....

SOULTRON: I agree....PM's would have been better. However, when people attack my livelihood and credibility publicly, I find it difficult to turn a blind eye.

I've seen thread after thread of debates and arguments yet it seems that whenever I defend myself on this board, I'm chastised for doing so. Sort of a double edge sword, but I'll shut up now.

PG: I respect your opinion. Did you see the recent threads about certain drifters dropping out because of lack of sponsors? I'd sure love to hear from certain pro drifters about how they feel about this. Not sure how others feel about the potential of more sponsors coming in.

It is interesting to note that a fair number of the EXTRAS cars we cast in this gig did in fact belong to pro drifters. The money Universal paid was only small motivation...hopefully, most drifters did it A) in the interests of showing TRUE drift cars; B) As a favor to us (MovieCarZ, Universal and 20/20), C) In the interests of providing more exposure for the logos/sponsors on their cars at the time of filming.

Comment

They did it for the chicks. Cmon now!!

Comment

Originally posted by craiglieberman
        Hey Arnell, I do not ever recall speaking to you. Those couple of days were hectic, I spoke to more than 150 people in the space of 24 hours. I'd like to think I'd remember a name like Arnell Benitez (that is your name, right?)

Since you won't leave it alone, here's the FULL STORY.

Brian was in fact booked after a referral from John Wiser, the Transpo Captain at Universal. I did not know of Brian or GTPro prior to the movie...the referral was to 20/20 from John Wiser, and both Dave from 20/20 and I spoke to Brian during the check in process.

Technically, the booking agent was Universal as Universal's John Wiser made all the contacts. Again, I never knew Brian...he was not a MovieCarZ client.

Somehow, you're interpreting the fact that one of you guys talked to me on set as me being the booking agent. That's not the case.

FYI: Brian's cars are not on my website! He is not a MovieCarZ client. Despite this fact, I did in fact aggressively campaign Universal to take steps to remedy the situation with his 2 cars. As did Dave from 20/20 and even John Wiser. One issue appears to be resolved.

As I recall, Brian had several cars on set and raked in something like $10-20G's for his rentals. You failed to mention that for 8 days of being parked and doing nothing.

The black car was damaged on day 1 of the shoot. One of my guys saw the damage and immediately raised a red flag...again, despite the fact that he was/is not a MovieCarZ client.

With all due respect, if you no longer work for the company, I'm not sure how the matter concerns you.

I find it disturbing that someone who was not a paying client of MovieCarZ was happy to take the money Universal paid out on the gig, then would complain about problems encountered to the non-booking agent.

Neither 20/20 nor I can or will be held responsible for any damages done to vehicles on set. Picture Car Locators merely provide the opportunity...how owners of cars negotiate their deals and subsesquent damages is their responsibility. This is standard procedure. This disclaimer is a condition of posting cars on my site (again...Brian is not a member).

I consider it quite rude that you would openly suggest that we agents have some responsibility for the vehicles on set...clearly you know little about the motion picture industry. While this was your first experience on set, I can assure you it was not mine.

If you or GTPro have any concerns or unresolved issues, I suggest you contact the original booking agent which in this case was Universal. Contact Gary Wordham, the UPM. You may PM me for the contact information.

Crib notes for anyone who cares:
        If and when you rent your car to a studio, make sure you resolve your issues in a timely matter...after the picture closes production, your feet-dragging will leave the matter unresolved!
        First of all, i never spoke with you on set of the movie. Only on the phone to set up the booking and time of the delivery date. I know the cars were NOT moviecars.com clients. and i know that john wiser was involved with the whole deal...but you were my point of contact. therefore, i include you with the booking company because if you weren't involved, i would have spoken with john wiser directly. i could honestly care less about the car or what gtpro has to say about it. whatever they got paid does not matter to me. the fact of the matter is this. A vehicle was used as an extra in a movie and was damaged during filming. there was a poor attempt to fix the damages and was released to the owner of the vehicle on time. however, the owner of the vehicle was not informed of the incident and the attempt to correct it. with Brian's keen eye for paint, he noticed it and brought it to attention. The car ended up at SEMA looking like *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* because of what happened. Who looked bad because the car looked like *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*? Falken and GT Pro... Not the ones who were truly responsible for it. I ain't putting the blame on moviecars.com or you directly, craig. I'm just saying that whoever booked the car to be used in the movie and the company that they represent should take responsibility of what happens. From my recollection from initially speaking to john wiser from picturecars, i was told to speak to "my partner, Craig Lieberman...the guy in charge of casting cars for the movie." also, this was not my first time dealing with filming movies...i know how the game is played bro... The reason i brought it up is to alert any one else that's interested in getting their cars in movies... $hit happens all the time. just make sure you know what may happen. that's it cuz i'm done. I'm over all the internet drama. if you have something more to say, you can contact me directly. I'll pm you my phone number.

Comment

Leave the show car on the trailer next time, it will be safe.

Comment

and to everyone reading all this madness, i do apologize for taking the thread off subject...but i did feel it necessary to be known. and to soultron... you say i have no credibility... you don't know me. if you know me, then you can say anything you want about me... but if you don't, just back off the keyboard and go watch tv. i don't have a big name like Craig does... and i don't have craig's resume. but i am good at what i do. whether you agree with that or not doesn't concern me. just be glad i don't know you and you live on the other side of the country.

Comment

Craigs a little fish in a HUGE pond man. That's makes you like nothing.

Comment

dude I am kidding...this thread sucks

Comment

You want my address you internet gangster?

Originally posted by jaydeemcd5
                  and to everyone reading all this madness, i do apologize for taking the thread off subject...but i did feel it necessary to be known. and to soultron... you say i have no credibility... you don't know me. if you know me, then you can say anything you want about me... but if you don't, just back off the keyboard and go watch tv. i don't have a big name like Craig does... and i don't have craig's resume. but i am good at what i do. whether you agree with that or not doesn't concern me. just be glad i don't know you and you live on the other side of the country.

Comment

Originally posted by jaydeemcd5
                    * I ain't putting the blame on moviecars.com or you directly, craig. I'm just saying that whoever booked the car to be used in the movie and the company that they represent should take responsibility of what happens.
                    Then why on Earth did you start this mindless finger pointing at us? Simply because I post here and Universal doesn't? Dude...I don't take to slanderous accusations well. At least you finally admitted what I've maintained all along:

Brian's dilemma was unfortunate. MovieCarZ had NO ROLE in choosing his car, the insurance or his contract, the damages to his car or any "coverup conspiracy."

We merely provided a point of contact on set. We feel we did more than our share (considering he wasn't a client) to help protect his best interests.

As a point of reference, our clients are spoken to by phone prior to any gig and advised on the methods to best protect themselves, their cars and their financial interests.

Do cars get damaged on set? Hell yes. About 5% of the cars we've booked have wound up with some mark or damage. 99% of them have been reimbursed generously for their issues. Even my own cars have been damaged on set. We believe the positives (read: big paychecks) far outweigh the negatives.

Hope that clears it up...for anyone still reading this nonsense.
                    Last edited by craiglieberman; 03-22-2006, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeeDrifter
                      and how can you say that the rx7 with the ls1 is one of your favorite? dont get me started . all the f&f crap its making you crazy. sorry, im closed minded , that engine doesnt belong there.

HAHAHA thats like saying there shouldn't be SRs in FDs

Comment

Originally posted by ModifiedGuy
                        HAHAHA thats like saying there shouldn't be SRs in FDs
                        well thats true....

Comment

This has been some debate... All said, we will not know until the box office chimes in. I, on the other hand will be watching the imdb for feedback as well.

I admit I have my preconcieved notions of what this is going to turn out like, and I base them on experiance. After the first movie (which I didn't have an issue with in itself) there was a marked increase in police action in my community. I was being stopped monthly, new anti-streetracing laws were passed, and every idiot with enough change for a fart pipe and a bumper started acting hard, thinking they had talent.

This was again amplified into another generation by 2F2F. Again, front page news and stiffer penalties, roadside checks, and deaths that I attribute directly to the 16-24yr old range that cannot tell reality from fiction. By willingly leaving the realm of reality in these movies, people are leaving it in real life.

A disclaimer should be issued about the hazards of these activities. A movie that does not make very difficult or impossible manouvers seem common would help.

I have family in the movie industry, acting, co-ordinating, etc,. I am not knocking the effort put forth. But somebody has to realize someday that this form of media is very persuasive. We have an understanding of the risks... Most who will be introduced to drift through this first mainstream release do not. Last year, I destroyed my 98 s14 when I hit a mountain. And that is with 5yrs experiance, 2-4 days a week. I knew how NOT to let it take my life. Others may not be so lucky. They may think driving this way outside of controlled conditions in the middle of the day, or evening is possible. Not realizing that at some point it catchs up to you.

I have seen some screwed up stuff, and I have encountered those that are just putting on a front because it is the cool thing at the moment... I have seen them get hurt too.

I hope this doesn't damage our sport too much.

-Chas

Comment

Very well said.
                            Originally posted by ChasDuran
                            1. Buy one you like---that isn't front wheel drive. Learn to love it.
                            2. Drive it like you stole it..Don't wreck it.
                            3. Repeat.
                            Fixed it for ya

Comment

Originally posted by ChasDuran
                              This was again amplified into another generation by 2F2F. Again, front page news and stiffer penalties, roadside checks, and deaths that I attribute directly to the 16-24yr old range that cannot tell reality from fiction. By willingly leaving the realm of reality in these movies, people are leaving it in real life.

A disclaimer should be issued about the hazards of these activities. A movie that does not make very difficult or impossible manouvers seem common would help.

-Chas
                              This debate continues...

If I may add..Universal did in fact do Public Service announcements at the release of part 1 and again for part 2. Similar text versions of this release are in both DVD's credits.

With that said, watch any movie depicting any sporting activity: surfing, skydiving, etc...there's always a disclaimer...and there's always an uproar when someone gets hurt trying to participate in an activity recently showcased in the media (remember that whole Jacka$$ debacle?)

At some point, the participants need to assume responsibility for their own actions...yet everyone seems to be looking for someone else to blame for their own actions.

It is their own fault they got in a car, tried to mimick something they saw elsewhere, whether it was in a magazine, a Mischief DVD, or in a major motion picture. It wasn't the car's fault, the movie's fault, or anyone else's fault but their own.

Will the movie make more people aware of a new way to cause mayhem in a motor vehicle? Absolutely. Are the accidents following the movie the fault of the film's producers? Hell no. It is the fault of the incompetent and irresponsible few (who the media will cover in nauseating detail) that will tarnish the sport.

Comment

Thats how society works....place the blame on anyone(or anything) but themselves.

Place the blame on the movie and not the parents, who suck at being parents and dont know what their kids are out doing. Blame the makers of Turbo systems, Blame nissan for making the 240, blame the suspension companies, blame the rim companies, blame Initial D, blame TV, blame Formula D, Blame D1, blame everyone but the people doing wrong.

ANY parent that pays to have a built up performance car for a kid and then acts surprised when they get a speeding ticket or wreck, is an idiot and irresponsible. But they will blame TV or movies for having idiot kids

*Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* disclaimers. There was one in drivers ED when they got that piece of paper that lets them take responsibility of a motor vehicle.
                                We've all taken Drivers Ed and know the rules of the road. Those rules dont change just because a movie came out or when they get a turbo put in their car.

They shouldnt be driving a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*in car if they cant seperate fantasy from reality.

Comment

Working...
                                X