No announcement yet.

(TODAY) FF3 TOKYO DRIFT (JUNE 16th)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmm...It was decent...Im suffering slight hearing damage (I think, my ear just hurts) from the movie, The yakuza scared me; me and my friend thought the movie would scar people away from it (due to the deaths, crashes, and gang ties) but I highly doubt it. It was good overall I guess, I really wish Tsuchiya had a bigger role, and I really wanted to see orido or ueno as one of the yakuza!

Comment

someone should keep track of the # of members of drifting.com starting from like yesterday to next week

Comment

The drifting was ok but I've seen better street and touge drifting on option videos. The movie was very intertaining if you go in expecting hollywood glamourization.

Comment

Originally posted by dreamdrivedrift
          someone should keep track of the # of members of drifting.com starting from like yesterday to next week
          That made me laugh! Movie was great... take it for what it is a movie, not a documentary.

Comment

i have a feeling this movie is gonna put drifting mainstream. my friend just got a call from someone who drives an old beatup 1980s toyota saying he wants to sell his car and buy a "drift car" after watching this.

Comment

I think we all at drifting forums knew it was coming

Comment

I still like people saying "This will put drifting into the main stream"
                where the hell have you been, there are huge events every where factory rides huge tire sponsorship and big names...What else is there to make it main stream? Ohh and you have to have a liscense to do it too...

Im sure more people will show up on here. But hey I saw the movie tonight and except for the ending reason of why they raced it wasnt as bad as I was thinking. Still kinda dumb compared to real life but in holly wood terms it wasnt bad. Now lets just see one FnF pic where all the trouble isnt started by a girl. I give it 3 out of 5 stars.

Comment

The movie was good. I'd sneak in to watch again. Then again, I'd watch any movie again if i had to sit in the very front, constantly twitching my eye muscles left and right. But it was good. The touge battle at the end kinda lost me but the drift chase was "entertaining." The culture shock caught alotta people off guard with the same a holes laughing at their own ignorance.

Comment

Acting was bad, but the driving was pretty good, I feel like I didnt waste 8.75, so it was a pretty good for going to a movie. That guy's southern accent really bothered me though.

Comment

It's not the ride, it's the rider I laughed at that one, not sure if anyone else caught it.

Anyways, the movie was entertaining and boring at the same time. Had i been alone, i would have probably left cause there was really nothing that i felt i needed to see the end to find out...

However, i did enjoy the japanese girls and the japanese rapping They also did a good job on certain things cause for example the FD sounded like an FD down to the idle and all (aka they used the real sound). But they forgot to turbo time the cars (j/k)

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd
                      but there were too many shaky-camera scenes where it seems like they just shook the camera a lot to give the sense of "speed" or "action". I was almost getting motion sick from it. It seems to be more and more common in hollywood lately, and it's lame.
                      I agree!
                      Boost Up

Comment

What got me was the twist near the end I thought that they where going to repair the S14.5 for the last race but they took the RB26 swap from it and put it in to the old mustang!!! Oh yeah it was funny when Tsuchiya said:You call that drifting.

Comment

S14.5? I think that was a straight up s15.

I was waiting for a "rb26...no Sh*t" when they popped the hood.
                          Boost Up

Comment

I liked the movie. The cars were great and had nice Driving (CGI and real) It was really nice to see everything come together. you sit there on a set and wonder how the final cut will turn out...even wonder what part of the movie you're filming

- My Big *Censored**Censored**Censored* FALKEN banner was in plain view, after 'asking' if It could stay on ( Take THAT TOYO! )

I guess its cool that you couldnt tell it wasnt R hand drive....my seats are kinda tall and Im short

- I did a scene driving an S15 in the garage, but it got cut I guess I have my own personal pics to remember it tho....

- One of my favorite parts is when he asked what kinda car Bowwow had. that cool *Censored**Censored**Censored* parking garage and the excited look on his face when his car came around....and the "WTF" look on Lucus Blacks face

- I can look at that Veilside FD all day long....felt ill watching it get smashed LoL!

- The cars casted in the movie were hot! Thanks to Craig!

I'm really happy this film turned out the way it did. It's not 'Gone with the Wind", but I'll see it twice in the theaters
                            Last edited by DriftGirl; 06-17-2006, 07:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by olmytsi
                              It's not the ride, it's the rider I laughed at that one, not sure if anyone else caught it.

Anyways, the movie was entertaining and boring at the same time. Had i been alone, i would have probably left cause there was really nothing that i felt i needed to see the end to find out...

However, i did enjoy the japanese girls and the japanese rapping They also did a good job on certain things cause for example the FD sounded like an FD down to the idle and all (aka they used the real sound). But they forgot to turbo time the cars (j/k)

Yeah that "It's not the ride, it's the rider" quote was pretty strange, I was doing the math in my head o.o;.And I also like the music too(kinda -_-, I know one of the songs was by Puffy (ami yumi). And me and my RX7 buddy were freaking out with the FD they did a great job on it (overall).

Comment

I saw an sc300 in the background of one scene
                                The music was really good IMO (for the most part).
                                The cars were better..
                                ohh and as my friend said in the movie "*Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored *, you got DRIFT SERVED" haha I laughed so hard...then I gave him my phone number

Comment

Working...
                                X