No announcement yet.

(CNN TONIGHT) DRIFTING Feature (ANDERSON COOPER SHOW) 11:15 EASTERN/8:15 LOCAL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (CNN TONIGHT) DRIFTING Feature (ANDERSON COOPER SHOW) 11:15 EASTERN/8:15 LOCAL

CNN AT 11:15 EASTERN/8:15 LOCAL, ON THE ANDERSON COOPER SHOW.

LOCAL (Los Angeles)

i guess ill look at this and see what they say.

Comment

oh my god. Call Vince Vaughn, it's on.

Comment

CNN was at FD Chicago last week.

Comment

they also interviewed with me and my car at the paint shop the day before they left for FD
          Nadine Hsu
          http://www.nadine180.com
          http://www.driftingpretty.com

Comment

Hello, so this will be a good report ,I hope they dont make any referance to FF3 and/or street drifting.Just my .02. Hopefully they got some good footage from the FD event,we shall see. PEACE

Comment

Originally posted by UNITEDMASTER
              Hello, so this will be a good report ,I hope they dont make any referance to FF3 and/or street drifting.Just my .02. Hopefully they got some good footage from the FD event,we shall see. PEACE
              why else would they do an article on drifting?! that's obviously what they are going to talk about!!

Comment

Originally posted by UNITEDMASTER
                p.s. they probably will reference Tokyo Drift.
                It's ok, get over it.

Tokyo Drift is what it is and FD will stand out because we're real deal competition.

It's going to happen.

Comment

Why is everyone already bashing Tokyo Drift? Based on the "industry" people that have seen it already, they say its wayy better than the other two. Lets give it a chance before you start bashing on it. We all know that everyone on this will go and see it.

Regardless, if Anderson Cooper refers to FF3, its exposure. About 5 years ago, drifting was only seen on the internet and DVDs from Japan. This year alone, drifting has been on the news, newspapers, G4, several other channels, CNN (tonight), and to top it off, PLAYBOY. Its getting big. Its going mainstream, deal with it. This will open more doors for organizations like Formula D to hold more drift events all over the country, and may give a chance for drifters to get their "15 seconds".

Comment

Cnn

firstly becoming more mainstream brings the attention to cops, as if they dont know enough already but linking the movie fantasy to a real life sport makes it more worse because the police then realize that this is a real thing and is happening on the streets bringing more attention to cracking down on offenders.
                    secondly, i think the movie will bring more mainstream morons to the sport and america will begin to change what has been known as the sport of drifting. all the ricers out there are now going to do it on the streets every chance they get and cause more useless havoc during busy times downtown. again bringing more police attention to the sport. in closing i dont see much promise from any of this, however my mindless ramblings arent going to change anything either. so im over it, but that is what I see tokyo drift doing to the sport in america

Comment

The more mainstream it gets, the more organizations will step in and throw local events. That way, you dont have to do it on the streets. With the police harassing, cops do not know the difference between a "ricer" and a "drifter". All they see is lowered cars with aftermarket wheels and loud exhausts. If you modify your car, you are going to get messed with, regardless if you are drifting or not. People with lifted trucks get harassed. People with escalades with 24's get harassed. What it comes down to is that if you modify your car, you will get harassed. Ive noticed with all of this exposure, the announcers are saying to keep it on the tracks. Even drifters are saying to drift in a safe environment. Its up to the people on here, and the drifters, and local organizations that support drifting to educate the "noobs" on what is right and what is wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by drftrconspracy
                        firstly becoming more mainstream brings the attention to cops, as if they dont know enough already but linking the movie fantasy to a real life sport makes it more worse because the police blah blah blah...
                        Oh for shame. You do know that cops have a life outside of work which includes:
                        Magazines - Some are about cars.
                        Car Tuning - No way that could lead to drifting eh?
                        Video Games - Grand Turismo, Need for Speed, Auto Modelista, Forza, Out Run
                        which all mention drifting.
                        The internets - I bet theres a few cops on here right now.
                        And let's not forget that cops talk to each other about stuff they like.
                        My 58 year old dad knows about drifting because of an article he read in hot rod magazine. If he knows, everyone does. Get over it.

Comment

Just for the record, I am a HUGE critic when it comes to things to do with drifting.
                          I saw the movie already.
                          I liked it.
                          I give it a 9 out of 10

So, relax.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian
                            Just for the record, I am a HUGE critic when it comes to things to do with drifting.
                            I saw the movie already.
                            I liked it.
                            I give it a 9 out of 10

So, relax.
                            Thats cause you're a ricer, brian.

Comment

Originally posted by CamelTouge
                              Why is everyone already bashing Tokyo Drift? Based on the "industry" people that have seen it already, they say its wayy better than the other two. Lets give it a chance before you start bashing on it. We all know that everyone on this will go and see it.
                              "Industry" people like it because anything F&F equals money. Looks entertaining though. If I could come out of a theater believing I could solve the secrets of the Illuminati, then I think I'm gonna try my hand at drifting right after watching F&F 3

Comment

Working...
                              X