ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESPN 2 D1 GRAND PRIX BROADCAST (JULY 27th)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN 2 D1 GRAND PRIX BROADCAST (JULY 27th)

[ESPN 2 BROADCAST OF D1 GRAND PRIX]

ESPN 2 -JULY 27 AT 14:30-15:00(ET) & SEP. 28 14:00-14:30(ET)

D1 keeps making history in 2006. For the first time ever, the D1 Grand Prix of Professional Drifting held a pro drifting event outside of the Los Angeles area. The best drift celebrities in the world including Yasuyuki Kazama, Nobushige Kumokubo, Vaughn Gitten Jr. & Ken Gushi went fender-to-fender at Las Vegas Motor Speedway on July 14th & 15th 2006, in front of over 14,000 people.

The event was hot for more reasons than the amazing nail biting drift action on the racing tarmac. The track temperature reached 150 degrees making the surface of Keiichi ¡ÈThe Drift King¡É Tsuchiya¡Çs high speed, parking lot course extremely slippery.

Drivers were forced to make adjustments to their machines and their driving style to compensate for the blazing heat, but many of D1GPs finest drivers found themselves sailing uncontrollably into the far hairpin curve wall, ending their run at the event in a mushroom cloud of metal and carbon fiber parts. Among the drivers who fell victim to the heat and the wall are Ken Nomura, Tatsuya Sakuma and Naoto Suenaga.

Catch all the amazing drifting action on ESPN 2 for exclusive coverage of the D1 Grand Prix of Professional drifting at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.

would this have been the whole d1 and nhra event that its talking about? because if so, i cant wait to watch!

Comment

very interested to see how the show will turn out.

half an hour? boooooooo
      Last edited by my 1 88 u; 07-22-2006, 08:43 AM.

Comment

LOL 30 Mins! and they covered SoapBox racing for like an hour and 30 mins saturday night.

Comment

that's cause soapbox racing is tight as hell and has a huge following.
          dur.

Comment

30 minutes is lame yeah but as long as alot of pple tune in and watch it could jus be an intro into somethin really good and longer then jus a half hour, but shoot 30? i saw juggling on there for that long one day even... guess we can only hope for the best for down the line

Comment

That's going to be awesome, definately going to watch.

Comment

2 MORE DAYS

Comment

Originally posted by soultron
                  that's cause soapbox racing is tight as hell and has a huge following.
                  dur.
                  people mock what they dont understand

/soapbox

Comment

nice!

Comment

Can someone record this and host it after it airs. I won't be able to watch it.

Comment

I was there

I was there, saw it live, it was one of the best things I have seen.

Comment

Relax!!!!!

Ya'll need to keep in mind that while drifting is very familiar to all of us, most people in America have only just started to hear about it.... Any TV network executive with half a brain is just not going to jump in with both feet and show a sport that might not get him/her the response they need to keep their job .... Ya'll need to relax and just give it time..... We have a great sport that will get it's chance to shine in due time.... Don't throw mud at the folks that are just learning about it.... When they see the positive response they'll get from the 30min. show they'll slowly start to make the coverage longer and more complete..... Just be patient..... and a little more understanding of others who stake their reputations/careers and pay their bills making these kind of "programming" decisions.....

Comment

I'll try to record it...I can only get 14 min. on max quality..(belive me it wont be worth it on the other quality setting.

Comment

I hope they filmed it in HD

Comment

Working...
                              X