ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask US Drift Association/ProAm Drift Something!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ask US Drift Association/ProAm Drift Something!

Alright, you asked for it (or maybe you didnt) and here it is. First, a little bit about USDA. First of all, we're not about cattle or grain or anything like that. We're not that USDA. We're about drifting! Secondly, USDA was founded by Drift Association and Just Drift in the west region, ClubFR in the north, US Drift and Drift 411 in the east and Daily Drifter in the dirty souf. The organizers of these groups got together in order to promote the sport of drifting and help develop better drivers. We also try and help drivers who wish to compete on a more professional level by acting as a stepping stone to the world of pro drifting.

That's a small and unofficial mission statement from me but for more information you can visit our site at http://www.proamdrift.com or you can post here! Either myself or any other organizers who are members here will be happy to answer your questions.

John

Originally Posted by hatebbobbarker
    I wasnt there to watch so I can't say for sure, but maybe he was just better? If those judges were politcally motivated tino, and verena with their big sponsorships would have licenses now. They are from california too...

and if your local events were cancelled, take it up with us drift or whoever was organizing it, YOU should take that initiative since you have the biggest issue with it, and apparantly have your own series.

Originally posted by Tracy fromt he other thread
    You are saying this assuming that I haven't also assuming that I have the biggest issue with it. I represent a lot of South East driver with the things I say....I know this because I HAVE A SERIES and I make damn sure that I try to do my best to listen to their grievences. I know damn full and well that you can't make everyone happy all of the time, but as you must have read, John said we are not the only ones with these concerns. Maybe just the only ones willing to voice it. We have very little to lose you see. We stand very little chance at this point of getting a FD license...becuase it is not accessible for us. The only way I see for us to have a chance at getting one is to state my concerns and hope that someone reading is willing to address them.

Quok (SP?) was an awesome driver, but I think there was more than just him and there should be more than one opportunity to get your license. That was the reson for the "everyone has a bad day" reply. Everyone is not on their game everyday...pro or otheriwse. I was definately not ready for my license that day and definately did not deserve it. It was my very first day in my brand new car. I am, however, ready now and was ready for the 3 events that were cancelled in my area. There have been numerous opportunities for the West Caost driver to recieve their license. Why were we given only 1?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Octagon
    Tracy, I'll tell you this, there is such fundamental resistance against spending money amongst the track promoters I know of in Ohio alone that it's hard for new organizations of any kind to break into a new circuit.

Drifting, in particular, has to buck the negative press that the import scene garners because of the ancillary activity at NOPI and Hot Import Nights events. Track owners don't want anything that would tarnish the "family friendly" reputation of the local oval. The fellows of Outbrake over at Kilkare Speedway in Xenia, Ohio, have done well to show that amateur drifting won't harm a track, but now it has to be shown that drifting can benefit a track too.

If we follow Wall Stadium's example, coupled with a family friendly atmosphere, we can really make something happen in Ohio.
    Originally posted by Tracy from the other thread
    All I can say is this, it's going to take someone with a good relationship with the tracks or at least a good business plan and some money to make some of the tracks let us drift. It's going to happen. It already is. I don't know how it will turn out and I can't vouch for that. All I can do it hope that it turns out good...just like everyone else that is for it overhere. I'm a no one as far as any of that goes. I'm just trying to be an ambassador for the poeple that I know deserve to drive on a pro level. If Formula D wants to step in and do it...by all means, I'm there.

On another note. I have some questions. Why were certain drivers given provisionals? Why were we not? Why was Andy Sapp not? What is the criteria to prove yourself for a provisional? That's a bit confusing to me.

Also, why when I approached certain FD associates about helping with a qualifier in the South East on MY BUDGET and MY INSURANCE was I ignored. What is the criteria for that? My grassroots events are the only one in the country so far without a cancellation this season. We also have more spectator attendance than any other organization in the country besides FD. We had 2500 paying spectators at our very first event! Now that I think of it, we also have recieved the most coverage mag wise. We were featured in Import Performance (new name for Import Racer) Magazine in the March 2006 issue. We also had a 5 page feature in drifting mag in the August 2006 issue. What more could you ask for?
    Last edited by Tracy; 10-17-2006, 02:39 PM.

Comment

the judges were incredibly anal about giving licenses out at drivers searches. I believe there was one drivers search out here where no one recieved a license. To be fair, though we had alot out here and you had one in far away texas, how far are you from houston btw? I could use a point of reference. 10 hours?

You still have recieved more chances and have alot more events then other regions, you should stand up for them as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy
        So if i understand correctly the rules have changed yet again to accomodate the west coast drivers. Initially, the proam finals were going to be held in Ohio on September 18th along with the NASA road racing events going on. The top drivers from this event in Ohio were supposed to get there Formula D licences. lol, why didnt they get their licences? I would like for somoeone to explain to everyone what happened in Ohio? So now instead of the Ohio winners becoming Formula D drivers they are just "regional champions"? This just forces them to spend more money after being led to believe that they would become Formula D drivers. What will happen in Nevada on November 11th? I have a theory, WEST COAST DRIVERS WILL BE AWARDED THEIR LICENCES. Boy am I glad I didnt waste my time going to the east coast regional events just to lead up to no Formula D licences being given away at the Ohio event. Now the proam series is forcing people to travel to the west coast again for the "chance" to get their license. Give me a break, how much money do you want unsponsored people to spend to get a licence that will most likely be given to a west coast driver? I think that Formula D and the proam should just concentrate on giving licences to people that can actually make it to formula d events, that would help out their driver attendance. lol, wait, that is what they are doing.

So in a nutshell the major flaw with the proam series is as follows: The proam is forcing competitors to travel in their region to compete for a regional chapmionship. Competitors can't get sponsors because there will be no exposure in the regional events, regional championships or the national championships, for that matter. So yet again, formula d and the proam are forcing the amateur competitors to spend more money for hopes and dreams. By the time an amateur competitor actually gets their licence they will be broke. After winning a regional championship the competiors who are in the 3 other regions, other than the west region, will have to travel to the other side of the country for $0.15 cents a mile. By the way, thats not really any money at all. It seems that Formula D and the pro am are just throwing everyone a bone to keep them happy. The unfortunate thing is that there are good drivers all around the country that sponsors would love to help out but the proam will not expose these drivers. For the sport to grow there has to be new talent developed, formula d and the proam are not helping the sport develop new drivers. The proam is set up to develop rich drivers, not skilled drivers. The concept of the proam series was a great thought when it originally came about but I am not sure what has happened since then. From cancelling almost every event and changing the rules all along the way I dont beleive that it is a good idea anymore. I love to drift but with the money I put into the proam series for traveling, maitenence, etc I could just rent tracks and have private practice days for me and my friends all year long. Sponsors are not stupid and will not support drivers financially based on the proam series alone. The proam and formula d are taking the fun out of the sport and are doing nothing for the competitors once again. Unfortunatelly for them there will be other competitions to attend next year.

One more brilliant planning move by the proam series was to have the east coast proam regional finals on the same weekend as the nopi nationals. I am not known to be conceited, but 8 of the east coasts best drivers were driving at the nopi nationals. Going back to the sponsors, thats where they wanted these drivers to be. Was that a planned move by formula d and the proam or just poor planning? Eitheir way, it was a bad move.

Dan typing from Tracy's account
        i'm too lazy to read all the other pages concerning this, so you'll have to deal with me on this thread.

if you had correctly read the information we provided and not what you wanted to read, you would have noticed that the mid-ohio event was designed to have the east coast drivers compete against each other, NOT ISSUE LICENSES. everyone that competed there knew the format beforehand. the top drivers from this event were then invited to compete at the pro-am finals. the reason i chose this format was to make the drivers that travel cross country be rewarded for consistency. in my eyes, doing good in one event and going to the pro-am would have been just like the qualifiers earlier this year. i wanted to send drivers that could place consistently at the top, and not just on one track, but multiple ones. this format would not only show their consistency, but also their versitality.
        also, since this was our first year, i wanted to try a different format than some of the other regions. why waste a whole year doing the same format as another region, and then waste another year trying to make it better the next year, and so on. this way, i could simply ask the other regions at the end of the season how their format went and then compare its pro's and con's against our region. this would help make the series more effective in the long run, in a shorter amount of time. think of it as r&d.

in another post you mentioned the cancelling of almost every event, if the every event you are referring to was the one in nc i can explain. if not, im not sure what event you are referring to. the one in nc, i don't recall you being signed up for, as well as alot of other drivers for that matter, not to mention a lurking hurricane/tropical storm nearby. so why would we lose money holding an event in an area where drivers wont attend or a storm may force to cancel. the event was at a nascar track, but then again anyone can drift in a parking lot, few can do so on a road course. hence the reason i only hold competitions on actual race tracks. also, the top drivers from the nc event would have been invited to compete at mid-ohio (like the previous other events this season), by cancelling it, it allowed us to open the mid-ohio event up to everyone. this not only saved drivers money, but also gave them more time to prepare their cars, as we had strict rules in order to compete, as we ran top 16 tandem.

i'm am also glad you didn't waste your time traveling to an awesome track and had fun at your nopi demo in a 400x400 or smaller parking lot.

how does this not help develop the talent pool. we offer local events, then if a driver chooses to go higher, they can pay and do so. we don't force them to travel. as for drivers spending their money to make it, no offense, but this is a motorsport, it isn't cheap.
        from "The Technique of Motor Racing" Piero Taruffi - 1959
        Chapter I
        Necessary Qualities
        "...motor racing entails many risks, both personal and financial; therefore I do most strongly advise anyone who decides to take it up seriously make sure that he has the right qualities.
        Expericence shows that the would-be driver, if he is to obtain reasonable results, must have more than a fair share of the following:
        1 great enthusiam;
        2 A sizeable helping of courage, and mastery over is nerves;
        3 The right mental and physical make-up;
        4 Physical fitness and lots of stamina;
        5 A good bank balance.
        Besides the above qualifications, all of which except the last can be described as natural gifts, it is well to have an understanding of things mechanical, and, more important still, of the technique of handling a racing car."
        this quote is almost 50 years old and still true. if you want a cheap sport, pick up a ball.

i'm sorry $0.15/mile isn't a ton of money, but without major sponsors, it's hard to give money away. and at least it's a start, and definately better than nothing. in fact, i am paying my own way to this event to work it, and ive already used my vacation time for other events this year, so it costs me even more money.

and as for 8 of the east coasts best drivers at the nopi nationals, i hardly think so, otherwise they would have been there. we can hold another track day on the east coast anytime, and they are more than welcome to come, ...wait, we just had one the weekend of october 6-8th, and i don't think you showed up. i've seen your demo videos online, and im not impressed. if anything they are carelessly organized, safety is not present or a concern, and consist of simple figure 8's, 4+ car length apart tandem runs, and rodeos. as for poor planning on event dates, the mid-ohio event was held in conjunction with the nasa nationals, i seriously doubt nasa planned it the same time as nopi. and from what i heard from people that have been attending nopi for the last 8 years, it has been going downhill every year and this year was the worst yet.

if you wish to continue bickering on here that is fine, or if you wish to do so over the phone, you can email me at brian@usdrift.com and we can exchange numbers. i love to talk, but keep in mind if i dont answer i will call you back asap because i still have a crappy 40+ hour a week job and cant always sit by the phone. and it's easier to throw rocks through glass windows than replace them.

Brian

Comment

... when is the last PROAM for cali before the finals?

Comment

Originally posted by D1 DRIFTER View Post
            ... when is the last PROAM for cali before the finals?
            next weekend

www.driftday.com

Comment

more

i wish people would stop crying about california. yep they get a lot of benefits, yep it sucks for the drivers on the east coast. but bottom line is

1. the companies are there 2. there are a TON more drivers there, 3. they got more of these little cars imported there (offering more opportunities for drivers) 4. The average driver there does more than internet drift ie. they show up to events and they do it sometimes 2-3 times a month. 5. track days sell out.

now if all 5 of these things plus others were also true about the drivers over here maybe someone out there with money would care about putting a drivers search out here more than once or putting money into a series instead of a few drivers. Lets face it, its easier to give away a few tires than a few thousand bucks.

the people qualified to drive in a pro series should already know this (and some do) but here it goes again. the proam series offers opportunities for top level drivers to show everyone including sponsors that they can show up to many different courses ie. race tracks and excel (anyone can do donuts in a parking lot). it also allows you to show sponsors that you have the ability to travel to multiple venues in multiple states on multiple weekends a year (sounds a little like FD right) because everyone in FD knows that just having a license comes no where close to guaranteeing that you can have a FD quality car, an FD crew to work on said car, FD transportation, FD time off from work (unless you dont work and are independently wealthy, but if you were you wouldnt be crying and wouldnt be worried so much about making a living drifting) (how many people really do that anyway??) being a pro in an entertainment industry (read drifting) field be it dancing, singing, acting, drifting, racing or whatever is a risk. those willing to take that risk will succeed (sometimes) those who are not will be left crying about "why didnt i get the opportunity when so and so did". that being said, making it to a proam on the east coast final isnt hard, you just have to beat nate brasz, james evans, marc rozzo, matt martin, john wagner, mike swartz, doug van den brink, gary simmons, brian wilkerson among others, all season long. by the way all of the above found a way to get to every event including being registered for lowes in NC. jason jiovani drove from FL to come to OH for his chance. on top of that most of them will be making the trip to nevada. im pretty sure all of them pay out of pocket for most of their travel. if you arent willing to take a chance, no one will hand one to you, it pi$$es in the faces of everyone who really deserves it.

Comment

hatebbobbarker,

we are in atlanta.

Brian,

It wasn't what we wanted to read, hun It was the way it came across when we read it....maybe our mistake and we aren't too proud to admit it. Not to mention the Ohio event was scheduled after (I believe since I can't look at the site everyday) the 2 or 3 events here in Atlanta didn't happen, that were supposed to put on by SEDA. We didn't register because SEDA had had a shaky rep pretty much since the beginning. Chad and Chris did their best to hold it down, but they can't do it by themselves.. We would have registered a day or 2 before if it looked like it would happen....I don't want to fight over getting my money back like I have in the past with them. You should understand that our frustration comes about because of the way things are organized and keep changing. It's not very consistent, but at the same time a lot rides on it. This isn't meant to hurt your feelings, it's meant to address the concerns that we have. I feel they are legititimate and should be looked into. I don't deserve the insults and I think it's pretty unprofessional comming from an event organizer. I wouldn't dare think of speaking to any of the drivers that might come to our events regarding their concerns.

i'm am also glad you didn't waste your time traveling to an awesome track and had fun at your nopi demo in a 400x400 or smaller parking lot.
                You left out all of the tv time we got on 2 different TV shows for the Nats that air on NETWORK television

and as for 8 of the east coasts best drivers at the nopi nationals, I hardly think so, otherwise they would have been there. we can hold another track day on the east coast anytime, and they are more than welcome to come, ...wait, we just had one the weekend of october 6-8th, and i don't think you showed up. i've seen your demo videos online, and im not impressed. if anything they are carelessly organized, safety is not present or a concern, and consist of simple figure 8's, 4+ car length apart tandem runs, and rodeos. as for poor planning on event dates, the mid-ohio event was held in conjunction with the nasa nationals, i seriously doubt nasa planned it the same time as nopi. and from what i heard from people that have been attending nopi for the last 8 years, it has been going downhill every year and this year was the worst yet.
                The demo's are not a competition, honey. They are meant to entertain the crowd. I hate to tell you this, but 30 minutes of tandem runs straight is kind of boring when a lot of the people don't even know what drifting is (and all you have room for is a "simple" figure 8). As far as safety, there were K rails, hun and if you think it was unsafe......it wasn't our event to get k-rails for. Why is that our bad? Organization? You try running your car for 30 minutes straight and see how it cools? We have to organize the runs in such a way that we cancool the cars. The demos are a way to bring drifting to people who otherwise have never seen it or even heard of it sometimes. At every event we had people tell us that they thought drifting was stupid until today. IMO, that's a great thing for the sport when there are 10k or so people watching (how many people show up at a given FD event or pro am event?). Simple figure 8's? You yourself said there was very little room...mostly areas of 350 X 200 and mostly with poles in the middle. The spaces were often awkward and figure 8's were our only choice Not to mention that we never could really get out of 2nd gear. It was my 1st year tandeming so maybe the tandem was a bit far apart at some of the demos when I was involved. We are also not willing to crash our cars at a demo by doing craxy tandem where people don't know the difference. If it were a competiton for money, where people are educated on drifting, that's a different story. All 4 of us spent our own money to do these demos. Hurting our cars was not an option if we wanted tocontinue to do them. Some of them were 1 week apart. They were unexpected and when the opportunity came along we thought it was in our best interst to do them. You should think things out a little before you come at me with the insults....that are quite uncalled for.

I don't work for NOPI so you can keep the bullcrap to yourself when it comes to that. I don't care what people say about NOPI. You should realize that it doesn't affect me. Not my dollars being spent to put the event on The thing I care about is that there were 110K people in attendance at the nats. That's a lot of impressions for us. Not to mention it was an excellent opportunity to have face to face meetng with existing and potential sponsors, to show them our cars in person and show them our driving (all of them were very happywith our performance). Were there any sponsors in Ohio? The president of Maxxis was there and he was quite impressed with the turnout and our performance. It is going to be a VERY good thing for us next year. We got about 10 minutes of TV time on 2 shows that aired, not to mention the other 8 shows we appeared on and were given abot 4 minutes per show. Because of that we have sponsors calling us wanting to get onboard instead of us begging them. It's quite a refreshing change. Regardless of how people tend to diss NOPI, they have a TV show and sponsors love that. You should know that that it's in our best interest as a team to go where the TV coverage is for us. That's common sense.

lookoutdriftmik,

No one here is crying. We are stating the obvious. There are people here on this side of the country that want to drift. If someone other than Formula D wants to step up and make it happen, then so be it and I am happy. Maybe that's because I'm not part of the FD ring and I have nothing to lose in the situation in the case of an East Coast series.

now if all 5 of these things plus others were also true about the drivers over here maybe someone out there with money would care about putting a drivers search out here more than once or putting money into a series instead of a few drivers. Lets face it, its easier to give away a few tires than a few thousand bucks.
                I hear this often from your group. When I say that I mean everyone involved in the proam (all of the other org's). People want to drift. Our events fill up with 60 drivers and then we have 10-20 waiting at the gate to take spots incase someone doesn't show up. To me that makes it reasonable for me to ask the questions I do.

by the way all of the above found a way to get to every event including being registered for lowes in NC
                I have several sponsors. From what we talk about, they feel the same way we do about the way things are going with the licensing. We went where they wanted us to be. Unfortunately, most of the time it coincided with one of the proam events (or shortly thereafter)....that for the most part was across the country. Did those drivers that made it to all of the proam events do any other events besides the proam events? That's a serious question. The opportunity came up for us to do the demos. We only have so much budget, we can only make it to so many events...the proam events we planned for close to us got cancelled, just like we assumed would happen.

The whole reason any of this coversation is going on is because there will be an East Coast series (in the hideo thread because someone speculated that the East Coast series may be why he left). My name was brought into the converstaion going on about it because I happen to know about it and we have been asked to do the licensing (it escalated from there because some people don't see a need to "split" the sport). You have never seen me running around bashing FD or the proam, so don't make it out to be that way. The arguments came about because we are telling OUR SIDE of why we think it's a good idea for an East Coast series. We should be entiteld to our opinoin just like you and the others are. We may or may not do it. There are conversations that need to be had and paper work that needs to be signed still. Like I already said, I can't vouch for how it will go. It could by all means fail! From what I understand they are not trying to come in on the level of FD. They realize they will be new and have a lot to learn. I think that's very mature and smart. We have been talking for years about it with them (it came about around the same time I started speaking with you and Brian about events on the East Coast, in 2003 or 4????). I see a void here since my events are consistently full with a waiting list. When I started my events, the proam didn't exist.

All I know is that I am a driver and I love it very much. I am going to try to do my best for the other drivers, just like I have tried to do with my events. That's my true intentions. I'm not in it for the money. I'm in it because I like to drive and it has taken over my life, much like an addiction. I would like to see something a little more attainable for us. Is that a crime???? You want to bring up money and about how any pro sport is not cheap, well we completely undertand that. We had a Supra that madeit into the 8's and became the 3rd fastest in the world on street tires when dan was 22 and I was 23 (6 years ago). We spent over $250k in 3 seasons. We are not noobs to pro racing The greatest part about it....we could do an entire season...ON THE EAST COAST! So, I don't think we are out of line by thinking that it should be an option to compete in an entire drifting series focused on the East Coast.

We are not all going to agree. That's human nature. Things are not always going to go the way we want or expect them to. That's life.
                Last edited by Tracy; 10-18-2006, 08:50 AM.

Comment

when I asked how far houston was I meant how long it takes you to get there.

in Brians defense
                  you should not have any business doing demos if your not at a pro level, because your just lowering the bar of the sport by introducing people to weak drifting, its great if people liked it, but lets be honest, anyone can do figure 8s after a day of practice.

Comment

Originally posted by hatebbobbarker View Post
                    when I asked how far houston was I meant how long it takes you to get there.

in Brians defense
                    you should not have any business doing demos if your not at a pro level, because your just lowering the bar of the sport by introducing people to weak drifting, its great if people liked it, but lets be honest, anyone can do figure 8s after a day of practice.
                    Houston is like 10-12 hours for us with the trailer.

In our defense, everyone else on my team is on a pro level I think I am probably there after all of the seat time that I have gotten this year (I'm a female so I was probably little more of a novelty to begin with). But I think I have proven myself....I may be in for a big surprise....I don't know. I do know that a lot of people don't know that I am a woman until I take my helmet off and I am proud of that. I haven't come in here claiming that we are THEE best. Drift Brigade was in the 8 drivers that I mentioned being at NOOPI. WE HAD A SPACE OF 350 X 200 TO DRIFT IN. You expect us to set up an entire course in that area? Go walk it out and tell me what you think. Add a couple of poles in there while your at it We did the best with the space that we were given. I didn't choose the area and I would have loved to have more space, unfortunately it wasn't an option. This is the last time I'm going to acknowledge this type of response, because I have fully explained it already in my post to Brian. You can read up on it there. I appreciate what you might be trying to say, but I'm not going to defend myself against the band wagon of people who haven't been to our demos and might have watched 3 minutes of edited video on-line.

On another note, I just got off the phone with Ryan. he was quite pleasant to deal with and I appreciate the conversation. All of my concerns have been addressed and hopefully things will work out for our side of the country in a reasonable amount of time. I can only imagine how hard it is putting on event the caliber of Formula D, being that my events are crazy enough for me to deal with. I still welcome any drifting that comes to the East Coast.....Formula D or otherwise. That doesn't change. I will say it again, I just want to progress as a driver and whichever organization can provide that for me with professionalism, I will be there. I still stand by the fact that the proam has had it's flaws and understandably so. Input from drivers should be welcomed...not attacked. This was not an attack prompted by me. I didn't come with the personal insults). I only expressed my concerns for drifting on the East Coast.

Thanks for listening and maybe I'll see ya'll around

Comment

I never attacked you and I wasn't bashing you, I merely defended my take on this, which was brought on by your accusations and comments you made and provided on here.

Bottom line, we've been running an East Coast series for the last few years. Erik at DGTrials has a series as well. If you feel there needs to be another one in the East, so be it. We aren't opposed to competition, let everyone throw events, but if it starts to make the sport suffer as a whole, then I take offense, because then it ruins something I enjoy.

And as I said before, you can call me if you wish to further discuss this. Let's get this thread back on topic.

Comment

id like to ask John Yim why he drove so awesome this weekend?

i thought that was awesome. john you ROCK!!@#!@#!@

Comment

Originally posted by conspire View Post
                          I never attacked you and I wasn't bashing you, I merely defended my take on this, which was brought on by your accusations and comments you made and provided on here.

Bottom line, we've been running an East Coast series for the last few years. Erik at DGTrials has a series as well. If you feel there needs to be another one in the East, so be it. We aren't opposed to competition, let everyone throw events, but if it starts to make the sport suffer as a whole, then I take offense, because then it ruins something I enjoy.

And as I said before, you can call me if you wish to further discuss this. Let's get this thread back on topic.
                          This thread is on topic. That's why it was started.

actually you said that you weren't impressed by our driving along with several other comments abot the demos that we do. I find that insulting. Insults are not a defense to comments/concerns made by someone. Maybe it is your opinion that my driving sucks. I guess that I can understand. It just doesn't come across that way being that you have never seen me drive

What were the accusations? I only stated facts, that was my intentions at least. If I accused you of something that wasn't true, please quote it for me and I will gladly apologize. DG Trials and myself do not put on PRO drifting, so bringing DG up doesn't make sense to me.

I have no need to call you, Brian. This thread is suiting my needs as it was intended to do. Call me when you get off of work if you feel the need. I already spoke with Ryan and things have been discussed with him....and he was quite nice and informative about it all. Otherwise, this is a public forum and I think I am free to voice my opinions and concerns as I see fit. I like the idea of an East Coast Pro series, you don't. What's the big deal and why can you not carry on an adult debate about it without taking it so personally? This isn't about BRIAN, this is about concerns I had with the proam series and my experiences with it (That in fact started with a conversation about anEast Coast Pro series)..... I aso had a pleasant conversation with John Yim. He didn't take it personally and start insulting my teams driving. Maybe the better thing to do would have been what John and Ryan did and adress me in a professional manner. I am part of this drifting community whether you like me/it or not. I have a right to express how I feel about certain things. I kow you have done lots of great things for drifting and have worked several years trying to make it work over here. I'm not disputing that. So keep up the good work and try to relax a little when people don't agree with you.
                          Last edited by Tracy; 10-18-2006, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Fleming View Post
                            id like to ask John Yim why he drove so awesome this weekend?

i thought that was awesome. john you ROCK!!@#!@#!@
                            Now that's the spirit Leave it to Hollywood to lighten it up a little bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy View Post
                              Now that's the spirit Leave it to Hollywood to lighten it up a little bit.
                              doesnt change the fact that you are in fact a whack h$#.

yep.

Comment

Working...
                              X