Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Drifting, its the series that defines a Pro...at this time.

With this sport being so new, the top drivers cannot 'live off of driving' just yet.

Now, with that being said:
    Any schmuck with a pipe dream can put together a few events and call it a 'pro series'. But they dont have the Industry/fan/Driver respect and support, The integrity or even the funds to truly call themselves a 'Pro series'.

The "Formula" is simple, but im a professional that has to be paid for such advice

So until you have all that, you're not a 'Pro-series'...You're just a 'series of Events'

Comment

the top drivers ARE living off of driving, and have been for years. how new do you think this sport is? i'm getting kind of tired of hearing people talk about this brand new motorsport, when i've got drift videos on my shelf from 1989. The first drift competition in America was in the mid 90s (either 95 or 96)...that's over ten years. drifting's about as new as Alanis Morissette.

Comment

Originally posted by ohtagerbilhero View Post
        the top drivers ARE living off of driving, and have been for years. how new do you think this sport is? i'm getting kind of tired of hearing people talk about this brand new motorsport, when i've got drift videos on my shelf from 1989. The first drift competition in America was in the mid 90s (either 95 or 96)...that's over ten years. drifting's about as new as Alanis Morissette.

THANK YOU!!!!!

Comment

Bros before pros. The one rule to live by.

Comment

Originally posted by ohtagerbilhero View Post
            Everyone on the boards knows the history of Drifting. We've all seen videos/DvDs, etc..

We're talking PRO Drifting in the USA. Im more concerned about whats going on here on our shores. We have not had a professional series for a driver to even call themselves a "Pro" til Formula D made it happen.

Maybe its enough money to support a lifestyle that doesnt have mortgages to pay, and other things that come a long when you dont live with mommy and daddy.

As a sport here in the USA, it cannot support the average "Pro" drivers lifestyle...unless they live with their parents n such.

I think that the "Pro" drivers are doing a LOT out of love for the sport, in hopes that things will progre$$ to the point where they can stand along side their motorsport (IRL,Nascar,Etc) counterparts.
            Im pretty darn sure the purses arent the biggest motivating factor for a Pro Drifter at this time.

I couldnt give up my day job, no matter how good I got at this point in Driftings History...no matter how long Drifting Videos have been around.

Drifting cannot support my lifestyle, My Lifestyle supports Drifting...and Im sure its the same for 95% of the people out there.
            Last edited by DriftGirl; 02-26-2007, 11:45 AM.

Comment

okay, just because YOU won't ever be that good, doesn't mean you've got insight into the lives of every pro drifter out there. So keep your mouth shut when you don't have anything to back up your claims.

What do you think Rhys Millen's day job is? Tanner Foust? Does Tony Angelo work at Souplantation?

95% of the people out there aren't pro drifters.

maybe you should spend a bit more time out there driving, and less time on forums like these. Formula D's in its fourth season. That's not new.

where has your head been stuffed these past five years? how are you this clueless as to how far drifting's come?

by the way, shouldn't you be out underground street drifting?

Comment

Originally posted by DriftGirl View Post
                Everyone on the boards knows the history of Drifting. We've all seen videos/DvDs, etc..

We're talking PRO Drifting in the USA. Im more concerned about whats going on here on our shores. We have not had a professional series for a driver to even call themselves a "Pro" til Formula D made it happen.

Maybe its enough money to support a lifestyle that doesnt have mortgages to pay, and other things that come a long when you dont live with mommy and daddy.

As a sport here in the USA, it cannot support the average "Pro" drivers lifestyle...unless they live with their parents n such.

I think that the "Pro" drivers are doing a LOT out of love for the sport, in hopes that things will progre$$ to the point where they can stand along side their motorsport (IRL,Nascar,Etc) counterparts.
                Im pretty darn sure the purses arent the biggest motivating factor for a Pro Drifter at this time.

I couldnt give up my day job, no matter how good I got at this point in Driftings History...no matter how long Drifting Videos have been around.

Drifting cannot support my lifestyle, My Lifestyle supports Drifting...and Im sure its the same for 95% of the people out there.

I think he was trying to say drifting isn't new, you said the reason why people weren't making money off it because it is new. There is sports a lot older then drifting where people still don't make a living off of unlike basketball football baseball nascar etc etc. *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* MMA been around for about 30 or 40 years, and the average fighter will make about 10,000 a year off fighting alone. As these drivers get paid more, and the sport gets more TV time the ticket prices will go up (cheapest nascar tickets are 120 bucks), so I'm not complaining.
                Last edited by Bebop; 02-26-2007, 12:55 PM.

Comment

perhaps i should clarify a bit more.

the purse in a competition isn't what drivers make a living off of. 1st place will barely cover the cost of transportation to get to the event.

i feel like i really shouldn't have to say this, you should know this already. Sponsorships, gathered as a result of the publicity one can get in a Pro drift series, pay the bills. With enough big name sponsors, a professional driver can live quite lavishly. All he has to do is make sure he stays in the limelight, so his sponsors get the exposure they're paying for. Do you think Red Bull is just giving Rhys free soda?

god, are you really this dumb?

Comment

i want mountain dew

Comment

i want professional drift racer Mike Peters.

Comment

Originally posted by DriftGirl View Post
                        The "Formula" is simple, but im a professional that has to be paid for such advice

So until you have all that, you're not a 'Pro-series'...You're just a 'series of Events'
                        If you are such a "professional", what have you accomplished to call yourself that? Also, since you have the formula, why haven't you organized a professional competition yet?

When are we going to stop calling Drifting a new sport. I have seen drifting events in the U.S. as early as 1999 and just like Ohta...said, Formula D is on their 4th year now. Although there hasn't been a Pro Drift series since the introduction of Formula D, there have been many Drift competitions as early as 2001 that helped bring the sport to where it is.

Naoki
                        Drift Association

Comment

Originally posted by Chewbacca
                          In Drifting, its the series that defines a Pro...at this time.

With this sport being so new, the top drivers cannot 'live off of driving' just yet.

Now, with that being said:
                          Any schmuck with a pipe dream can put together a few events and call it a 'pro series'. But they dont have the Industry/fan/Driver respect and support, The integrity or even the funds to truly call themselves a 'Pro series'.

Whoa DRIFT GIRL!

Noodz?

Comment

My initials are P.R.O. lol

Comment

since when is driftgirl a pro drifter???

i have NEVER seen her drift.

ever.

Comment

She's a professional windbag.

Comment

Working...
                                X