• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trunk View Post
    She's a professional windbag.
    how do you get sponsors for that?
    must be sponsored by deathworks...

Comment

no, no, Naoki, she's got the formula, and it's rock solid.

Now, with that being said:
      Any schmuck with a pipe dream can put together a few events and call it a 'pro series'. But they dont have the Industry/fan/Driver respect and support, The integrity or even the funds to truly call themselves a 'Pro series'.

The "Formula" is simple, but im a professional that has to be paid for such advice

So until you have all that, you're not a 'Pro-series'...You're just a 'series of Events'
      Step 1: Get the Respect / Street Cred (try racing for pinks, like Brian Spilner)
      Step 2: Maintain Integrity / Don't do nudes
      Step 3: Get the Funds / from Foreign Investors
      Step 4: ?????
      Step 5: Profit / Prodrift

Did i get that right? Am i a professional now? Must my time be paid for?

---------------------------

The way I see it, beyond all that licensing and certification BS, is that the drivers ultimately determine whether a series is truly a Pro series.

If all of Formula D's drivers dropped out, and were replaced with Driftgirl and the rest of the internet armada, would you still be able to consider it a Pro Drift series?

While there are probably other factors involved, it's first and foremost dependent on the level of the drivers involved, and the standards that maintain that level.

Comment

Look, Im not trying to get into a pissing contest about who has money and who can make money...I dont think you wanna go there either.

There are Pro Driver on this board. Ask them if Drifting is their main source of income. 95% will say theyve got *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* on the side or a normal 9-5

You shot off @ the mouth in regards to Rhys Millen's day job...his Generations Family business and long history of successful motorsports & performance. He is one of the exceptions....and it damn sure didnt come as a result of Drifting. My Fav Driver BTW

4 years is still considered 'New' when forecasting a new business model. That's 101 type sh!t.

We all know how Drivers get paid and how Sponsorships and contingencies work...It's not rocket science. Im really not sure who you thought you were talking to

Keep your opinion and I'll keep mine, as far as this business goes. I dont know you to form a hole in the wall to have a personal opinion of ya or attack your character.... Not that serious to me.

PRO DRIFTERS---------

One day there will be enough money in it to compete with other highly popular motorsports...we hope.

I want our Pro Drivers to be as big a household name as NASCAR, IRL Drivers and paid like them.

Comment

right, but you're a pro???
          you dont even drift.
          ive seen tons of people hating in you for years and have always laughed.
          what i do not understand is your involvement in drifting or this board as you do not drift.
          ive seen your cars. theyre cool i guess. whatever.
          go to HIN maybe?

Comment

He isn't "one of the exceptions," unless you're counting the top professional drifters as the exceptions. And most of the top ranked professional drifters in America DO have long histories in motorsports.

Look, Im not trying to get into a pissing contest about who has money and who can make money...I dont think you wanna go there either.
            Yeah, i wanna go there, and I don't think you want to challenge me to a pissing contest. Last time I checked, members of the fairer sex don't do so hot in those.

Do you wanna see whose penis is bigger, too?

Comment

I'm here... to remind you: Alanis Morissette > Drifting.

Comment

Isn't it ironic?

Comment

Professional Chewbacca impersonating> Pro drifting

Comment

We all know how Drivers get paid and how Sponsorships and contingencies work...It's not rocket science. Im really not sure who you thought you were talking to
                    I'm pretty sure i'm talking to the most jabbermouthed blowhard on this board.

Obviously you DON'T know how this stuff works, and have no idea what's going on in the professional drift world.

I'm not saying every pro-level drifter is making a living off of driving, but the top ranked ones are, and there are other drivers that COULD be making a living off of it, if they put forth the effort.

The money and opportunities are out there, whether drivers are taking them or not.

Keep your opinion and I'll keep mine, as far as this business goes. I dont know you to form a hole in the wall to have a personal opinion of ya or attack your character.... Not that serious to me.
                    You don't know me, cause I'm not an internet drifter. I keep my mouth shut 90% of the time, and i don't waste my time on forums like these. You'd know me if you ever went to a track event, or had any idea what goes on in the drift world beyond your computer screen and skanky photoshoots.

I'm Potatoes O'f**king Brien and I invented this drifter sh*t.

Comment

Originally posted by ohtagerbilhero View Post

I'm Potatoes O'f**king Brien and I invented this drifter sh*t.

<3
                      cue the music!

Comment

Originally posted by DriftGirl View Post
                        You stupid *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*. Do you even know WHO he is? I don't think you should go there also...

Comment

Am I a pro? Nope
                          Do I go out Drifting? Yes...often

I own a private label company. I see our parts on MANY cars

I'm employed by a couple companies for Marketing. I go thru proposals (Business and Sponsorship) and budgets.....ask IDCR

My cars? I own 8...With 2 being dedicated Drift Cars.

Will I Go Pro...I Think I can in a year or two. I could go out there and be a 'sideshow'...But I wanna compete on their level & Im not good enough yet.

Am I worried because someone is hating on my cars in magazines,TV,movies and Shii like that? LoL!! I do it for my Sponsors, they like that kinda stuff

Will I remember your name after I close this thread? nope

Will you remember mine?

Comment

Originally posted by DriftGirl View Post
                            Am I a pro? Nope

My cars? I own 8...With 2 being dedicated Drift Cars.

Im not good enough

Will you remember mine?
                            this is what it boils down to.
                            i do not know your name.
                            there a ton of people who go to drift events in your area.
                            none have seen you out there driving.
                            why are you so hostile towards everyone?

Comment

LoL!! How am I hostile? He'sthe one calling me out of my name I havent done that to anyone, because its not that serious to me. 99% will never say anything in person, so we can all be tough guys with the girl on the board. LoL!!

He said he's been reading about me for years. Youre telling me there are drifting events in MY area,so u know where I live, know my cars....

But you dont know who I am? OK
                              Last edited by DriftGirl; 02-26-2007, 04:26 PM.

Comment

lol, i know you are "driftgirl" from the nw and ive seen pics of your sc
                                what i know more are the jokes about you and your zt nickname "chewbacca"
                                youre infamous for being a poser, not famous for drifting or promoting cars.
                                youre being silly and naive if you think theyre the same thing...
                                whatever.
                                make some money, cool.
                                drop the "drift" image though. it's silly.

Comment

Working...
                                X