ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DAIJIRO YOSHIHARA to drive TANIGUCHI's old S15.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DAIJIRO YOSHIHARA to drive TANIGUCHI's old S15.

This is what I heard.
    And recently posted in Super Street.

It states that Dai will be driving the old HKS S15, except repainted in a rockstar energy drink color layout.

Can anyone confirm this?

first I heard of this... he just got the new car end of last year... but Jerry is a wheeler dealer, could be a possibility!

Comment

Here's the article.

Oh, not on topic. But seem Sam & the team aren't going with the charger.

Comment

i thought the HKS car was sold to a guy in the UK?

Comment

I think so. As far as I know, we've been in talks with Dai to do team drift also. S15, S15, and Porsche. I think we got it lock down.

Dai-chan or Pac Rim crew. Please email me. Thanks!

yukio@jic-magic.com

Comment

Originally posted by D1 DRIFTER View Post
            i thought the HKS car was sold to a guy in the UK?
            If you think HKS only had one car, you have got to be kidding me.

Comment

2 s15s on the same team boring!!!

Uhh that UK dude that drives something that looks like the old hks S15... its not even a duplicate I think. Just same paint/ vinyl scheme.

Comment

2 S15's on the same team is GOOD, Blaze. It means shared components, shared setup data, shared development, and ultimately better, more competitive equipment.

Quite frankly, it's the teams who have a bunch of different cars that irk me. Perfect way to drain the budget without developing the right tool for the job.

Comment

Originally posted by Octagon View Post
                  2 S15's on the same team is GOOD, Blaze. It means shared components, shared setup data, shared development, and ultimately better, more competitive equipment.

Quite frankly, it's the teams who have a bunch of different cars that irk me. Perfect way to drain the budget without developing the right tool for the job.
                  From a team stand point good... from a fan stand point boring IMO.

Like that team orange impreza crap... its like what is the use. Both cars are dialed in, Kumo's lines are a bit better then tanaka's. Other then that those two cars are identical. Gets boring after a while... seeing the same cars running almost the same line.

But the pacific rim team, that was a little diferent. One S13 coupe, one S13.5 hatchback... I think the suspension and power setups are diferent also. IMO a team running two identical cars takes away the originality of drifting and makes it more like grand american or speed world challenge.

If dai does team up hankook/jic... all I got too say is this. S15.3, be original.
                  Last edited by Bebop; 03-05-2007, 12:08 PM.

Comment

This is getting way off topic, but, those 2 imprezas are NOT identical at all.
                    Have you ever seen Japanese drifting?
                    Let's take Night Zone for example. A bunch of blue cars. Some almost the same. COOL AS HELL.
                    Let's take Geki Kassou Dan - A bunch of orange cars. Super cool.
                    Magician - bunch of pink cars. REALLY REALLY cool.

Comment

I can confirm that he will have the S15. This deal has been in the works since late last year.

I haven't seen the car yet so Im not sure if they're done dressing it up in the Rockstar scheme but I do know for sure that he will be in that car.
                      Last edited by MonkeySlide; 03-05-2007, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
                        From a team stand point good... from a fan stand point boring IMO.

Like that team orange impreza crap... its like what is the use. Both cars are dialed in, Kumo's lines are a bit better then tanaka's. Other then that those two cars are identical. Gets boring after a while... seeing the same cars running almost the same line.

But the pacific rim team, that was a little diferent. One S13 coupe, one S13.5 hatchback... I think the suspension and power setups are diferent also. IMO a team running two identical cars takes away the originality of drifting and makes it more like grand american or speed world challenge.

If dai does team up hankook/jic... all I got too say is this. S15.3, be original.

I think fans would much rather see drivers they respect and admire doing well with good equipment rather than see them falling flat on their face because they're in their 4th different car in 3 seasons.

Originality? Shove off on that. This is motorsport. Professional Motorsport. You use the best tool for the job and take it straight to victory lane. Kiss the trophy girl, collect the check, move to the next event and to HELL with this lifestyle *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* *Censored**Censored**Censored*.

In motorsport, NEVER unload off the trailer unless you're there to rip the other bastard's throat out. Dai has found a machine capable of doing that, and it happens to match his teammate's machine, which can only BENEFIT his team, his sponsor, his career, and his chances at the 2007 Formula Drift Championship.

I like Daijiro Yoshihara. I want him to win. What's your beef against a driver wanting to win?

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
                          2 s15s on the same team boring!!!

Uhh that UK dude that drives something that looks like the old hks S15... its not even a duplicate I think. Just same paint/ vinyl scheme.
                          That was Adam from New Zealand. He was sponsored by HKS, he got the stroker kit / sequential tranny / turbo / other parts from HKS, and they also let him use the Taniguchi sticker scheme.

Comment

It's been confirmed by Jerry.
                            They, infact, will be driving the S15.
                            But it won't be ready til after Long Beach =)

Comment

Originally posted by Octagon View Post
                              I think fans would much rather see drivers they respect and admire doing well with good equipment rather than see them falling flat on their face because they're in their 4th different car in 3 seasons.

Originality? Shove off on that. This is motorsport. Professional Motorsport. You use the best tool for the job and take it straight to victory lane. Kiss the trophy girl, collect the check, move to the next event and to HELL with this lifestyle *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* *Censored**Censored**Censored*.

In motorsport, NEVER unload off the trailer unless you're there to rip the other bastard's throat out. Dai has found a machine capable of doing that, and it happens to match his teammate's machine, which can only BENEFIT his team, his sponsor, his career, and his chances at the 2007 Formula Drift Championship.

I like Daijiro Yoshihara. I want him to win. What's your beef against a driver wanting to win?
                              Let me loosen up on team orange for a minute, before team orange was on the scene there was never a good FR impreza in FD. They did something that no one else was capable or wanted to do and did it well.

But are we talking about imprezas... na we are talking about S15s. The sport has been saturated with S15s since they came out. What is soooo new about the s15? Sharing setups, you don't need a team for that. I always email other miata drivers and ask them about there setups. Especially for a S15 thats a very common car in the sport.

And seriously, lets talk about other teams who stepped out the boundaries and built damn good unusual D cars with out having another whole car to share setups with. XMP mustang the car is sick... Gushis mustangs both of them are diferent but there damn good cars. Mopar Viper... 2 time champion need I say more... oh let me add there first viper wasn't even originally set up for drift. AEM 350Z, before that no one was running consistent VQ-T powered Zs. Now everyone is trying to build a torque machine.

And let me say... Dai is the mutha effin ish!!! I wish him all the luck with any car he is planning to run. He puts down killer runs with his old *Censored**Censored**Censored* S13. But homeboy from JIC said "we've been in talks with Dai to do team drift also".... "S15, S15, and Porsche." uhhhhhh why 2 S15s? 1 isn't enough, how about a S15 and a chaser... or a S15 and maybe a new Altezza!! Or even a M45!!!! That would be awesome!!!!! But another S15..... something thats been done probably 100 times before.... and on the same team... probably running a nearly identical setup.... just not my cup of tea from a fan stand point.

And seriously, I like originality. Since the S15 is statistically the best chassis for the sport in your opinion everyone should just run S15s. But wouldn't that make drifting more like....nascar??!!??!! I don't know about you, but thats the very last thing I want.

But hey go Dai!!!! I wish him luck, cant wait to see a rockstar/pac rim stickered up S15.

Comment

Working...
                              X