• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terry - do you still have your 32?

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
      god damnit.

who cares.
      What about taillights that fail then un-fail on the same lap?

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
        Terry - do you still have your 32?
        Yes sir...... know anyone who wants to buy it? I have 2 of them now and could sell one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by GBC View Post
          What about taillights that fail then un-fail on the same lap?

That is an interior (cabin) switch malfuntion. Tell the driver to flip the switch to turn the Brake lights back on for techie poo

Comment

I have an idea.

As a consumer of taco bell who competes in drift racing, how about this.

Quit teching tail lights. These are pro series. All the pro drivers need to quit being *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* s and relying on brake lights or whining about them.

Here is a shot of the proper following position for top point values in every pro drift series in the world.

Now in that proper follow position, keeping in mind where the following driver is looking, what legitimate difference would functioning/non-functioning brake lights make?

get back to making tire smoke and just drifting, sheesh.

Comment

mike..... do you have time for a pizza now?

rainbow slide baby!

Comment

A rule is a rule but definitely not a practical rule for drifting. They are not going at 150mph on the straight and than brake into a 60mph corner, brake lights really does not matter. F1 and NASCAR both don't require tail lights. Professional drivers should have the reflex and ability to adjust the speed of the car based on judgement, not the damx taillights.

I think the penalty is a bit harsh when having no taillights did not really give Rhys the advantage.

The rule should be revised.
                Hubert Young
                KORE 8 Films

Comment

My .02

I realize this is a dead issue and no one really cares anymore but it seems some are losing sight that this is not an issue of anyone cheating or being accused of cheating. It is simply an issue of there are rules and everyone that competes in Formula Drift is expected to abide by them whether they like it or not. To those applicable, the rules are written and if you don't like them the off season is the time to bring it up for the 2008 rulebook.

I too believe that the situation could have been handled in a multitude of ways. Unfortunately for RMR they are the first to feel the effects of this sport evolving into a true professional status. If nothing is ever done to those that break the rules the sport will never be taken seriously.

I applaud Formula Drift for finally being stern as from what I have heard too many infractions have already been swept under the rug this season.

Comment

Terry - I love sedans

<3

Comment

Update the points.

Either way this goes, can we get the driver points updated online? Just my .02

Comment

if its that big of a deal... in a sport where you could easily damage the rear of your car on a regular basis... just order that everyone gets a main 3rd brake light on their rear window towards the top of the car, some where were you will not likely hit.

Comment

Originally posted by 110octane View Post

I applaud Formula Drift for finally being stern as from what I have heard too many infractions have already been swept under the rug this season.
                          If this is true, how can we take a ruling, such as this or any other, seriously now?
                          As a fan, hearing that, makes me feel as though penalties are picked and chosen. Not good.

Comment

not mentioned, but i think this has more to do with the fact that the brakelights were most likely on a toggle switch. so he could have brakelights during qualifying and turn them off for tandem.

and dont you think that brakes lights might be important on a course like wall where most of the cars are coming off the bank and then transitioning slowly to the next corner. most of the following cars fall back directly behind the lead car through this transition. now lets say the lead car "brake checks" the following car then it seems pretty important that the following car can see this if they dont want to run into the car in front. if this were to happen you might see the following not be able to slowdown in time to avoid running into the side of the lead car.

if you think that brakelights arent important then you have never driven tandem on a speed varying course, or have never driven close enough to the car in front have to be on and off the brakes to maintain a close distance.

Comment

Originally posted by mr john View Post
                              \
                              if you think that brakelights arent important then you have never driven tandem on a speed varying course, or have never driven close enough to the car in front have to be on and off the brakes to maintain a close distance.
                              Maybe not but what does that matter?
                              Your insinuative insult is rude and pointless.
                              There is no need for the rule or brake lights even.
                              It's moot.
                              If a competitor was able to finish the event at all, with or without brake lights... to ONLY be struck afoul AFTER the said "violation" and entire EVENT... the person who SHOULD have found the error at the moment of error is NOT qualified to do his/her job properly.

Dropping a points deduction after the fact is a weak attempt to cover one's own *Censored**Censored**Censored* over this and who knows how many other, fouls and violations.

As admitted by others, we've seen many violations gone without consequence. It's messed up and trying to tie up a loose end as the season closes is more of a employee vying for his continued status on the staff.

It's transparent and unfortunate.
                              Hopefully, the FORTUNE drivers will be able to muscle a better rule enforcement into this series before the next season opener. Thusly making the series stronger and more respectable.

One violation enforced, all violations must be enforced.

Comment

Originally posted by mr john View Post

Sorry but as a competitor reading this statement I think you should go back to playing D1GP the video game. If you are a Pro in this sport and complaining because your opponents brake lights arent working, you need to either start working with Team Tampax drift or have a doctor get you something to help you with depth perception.

Again refer to picture in above post. If you're in proper tandem follow position, you wont even see the brake lights. Also the judges FD has now aren't stupid, they are two former drivers, and one of the original judges who was taught how to judge by top D1 drivers who judged FD the 1st two years. Nobody is getting away with brake checking, I can't recall last time I saw someone do it.

Now back to penalties dealt by what the rule book says, the rule book says you need brake lights, reguardless if they don't actually make any sort of difference on track if they are aren't operational.

Comment

Working...
                                X