No announcement yet.

Formula D on ESPN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah next time it comes on that is not turkey day i plan to go to the local pizza parlour that has tv's and ask to put it on, hopefully some people will enjoy watching it.

Comment

It was the announcers that bugged me. I heard the word "gangster" more times last night than I have in my whole life . . .

It was still fun, I never got to see it the first time around. I did get to see the team competition the next day, though. In fact, it was watching the team competition that made me really decide to start getting into this whole thing.

Comment

anybody know any other dates that espn will air it agian?

Comment

Recorded it, watched it, nice. Ya, the cameras have extreme limitations 'cause of the layout. If you watch the GT racing that's held there, they actually cover that area mostly by chopper 'cause it's so tight.

Comment

Hey, thanks for the nice comments on the show. And yes, as you guessed it camera placement on the LB course is very tough

We just finished episode 6 last week and they just get better and better. Jarod and I were talking about how the shows continually progress in every aspect.

Also, if you like the ESPN 2 shows, you guys that get RUSH HD will just love that one. I find it personally very captivating to watch. You get to see all the boys in their elements away from being camera prepared for the ESPN 2 show. It is very refreshing.
            But don't worry if you don't get it. All the shows will be avail on DVD or DL soon.

Ryan

Comment

I know time constraints make this an impossibility, but I really only have one complaint. I wanna see the battles that take it to 1 more time. I was at long beach and those were some of the best and most intence battles.

Call me greedy, but I always want more !

Comment

any word on when the RushHD episodes will start? SEMA website said december. Looked on the RushHD website, but they didnt have any listing for it...I want to set the TiVo...I was hoping the ESPN2 show was gonna be in HD.

Comment

Originally posted by eomund240 View Post
                  I know time constraints make this an impossibility, but I really only have one complaint. I wanna see the battles that take it to 1 more time. I was at long beach and those were some of the best and most intence battles.

WORD.
                  Haraguchi v. JR

Comment

Originally posted by eomund240 View Post

I think they could do this easily actuallly, long beach only had 2 '1 more times' and it could have been covered if they took away a lot of the parts with the drivers sitting in front of their cars. I mean that part is nice, and its great but its only needed once really which should be for the top 16, and then not redo it at top 8 which would give you time for the 1 more times.

Comment

Ryan's right, the shows will keep getting better. LB was the first time out for the new production crew working with our staff. But man, watching it at our local joint Smooth's was a pretty cool feeling, eventhough I've seen it 4-5 times already. Anyhow, just remember every Thursday at 5pm EST. Call ESPN, tell them you love it and tell them to have more of us on their network.

BTW... Thursday Nov 29, Dec 6, Dec 13, and Dec 20, we'll be having late lunch at Smooth's in downtown Long Beach and watching the Summit Point, Evergreen, Infineon and Wall episodes. So for everyone that is local, you are all welcome to join us.

Comment

Wow,
                        The shows has progressed so much further as have the driver's ability's.
                        Looking back at the 1st season of FDTV 3 years ago, this ESPN2 show BLOWS IT AWAY.

Hats off to Formula Drift for supplying, drivers, teams and sponsors the necessary platforms to gain impressions and to be the most pro-active drifting sanctioning body in the WORLD so the drivers can do this as a profession.

Formula Drift takes the necessary steps to make drifting main stream and keeping it fun, young and core at the same time making it monteraily rewarding for drivers, teams and sponsors.

All and all, the show was success and yes as Ryan said him and I have discussed the shows get better and better, I have one that I like a little more than the others but they're all my babies, I can't say I have a favorite, haha.

Ryan, Mayleen, and the whole Fusion crew did a phenominal job, Chabin thanks for all your hard work!

Next stop rd 2 in ATL, Turkley day!
                        Holler!

Comment

knock knock knocking on samuel's dooooor!!!!!

As far as the show went:

lol, it was very ESPNish, i liked it

Very little TNA

Very little "lifestyle" exposes

A lot of action

Aside from that... after watching it on TV, how did haru get so deep in the bracket running that line? He totally milked it on the first turn... not cool! There should be a outside clip on the first turn next year.

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
                            lol, it was very ESPNish, i liked it

Very little TNA

Very little "lifestyle" exposes

A lot of action
                            That was my favorite part, I'm getting pretty tired of racing events being so saturated with booth girls and lifestyle glamourization that you forget why it is you showed up.

Comment

Originally posted by Soldat View Post
                              That was my favorite part, I'm getting pretty tired of racing events being so saturated with booth girls and lifestyle glamourization that you forget why it is you showed up.
                              I agree... nopi take notes

Comment

Guys, if you do want to watch the show on ESPN 2 HD it will be featured there though the show was not converted to full 1080i HD in airing. I will get RUSH dates for you soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X