why do people think D1 will not happen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why do people think D1 will not happen

Is something going on that I don,t know about?? most people I have talked to say D1 will not happen this this year, why?? It would be sad if there was only Formula D
    I want to see both series run and both do well
    thanks
    leon Styles

seems to me like it is fading away...

Comment

last year they were supposed to have 5 events and only 2 happened

Comment

Don't worry, it won't be too bad if there isn't D1. We had 8 drivers come from Japan last season and there should be more this season. Let's not forget about all the other guys, Foust, Hubinette, Millen, JR, Forsberg, Canul, McNamara, McQuarrie, Gushi, etc etc.
        Last edited by Jim @ FD; 01-10-2008, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Piner View Post
          last year they were supposed to have 5 events and only 2 happened
          Yup. (Although it was 3 in total - NJ, Vegas, and Irwindale).

In '06, almost exactly the same thing happened. Big huge "US Series" was announced, but my March it was dead.

Same thing with Drift Car America last year.

Same thing with XDL / Hard Drive Live in '05.

Same thing with Traxion in '04 (although they actually had 1 event, I don't think it had any drifting there).

Comment

the reason is simple -"Well done is better than well said"
            Formula Drift has very competent management. D1 is run by a bunch of morons.

I think FD has one thing in its favor - They put on a great show and stand by their sponsors/drivers/venues.

D1 has had multiple chances to prove that they are going to do something big but it is always empty promises. The turn and burn mentality with which they treat sponsors prolly has something to do with it as well.

Comment

Originally posted by akuma S14 View Post
              the reason is simple -"Well done is better than well said"
              Formula Drift has very competent management. D1 is run by a bunch of morons.

I think FD has one thing in its favor - They put on a great show and stand by their sponsors/drivers/venues.

D1 has had multiple chances to prove that they are going to do something big but it is always empty promises. The turn and burn mentality with which they treat sponsors prolly has something to do with it as well.
              I agree, ive heard for the last couple of years about the management of D1 in the US and how it was going to trash.

FD is doing a great job for the pro's!

Comment

We announced a full schedule for 2007

We had our events...Paid every winner...Put them on TV...ALOT!

More coming for 2008...

Why do some people hate us!

Comment

only reason i pay attention to nopi is the great competition happening there with drifting. Besides that i pretty much hate it tbh, the ugly car shows, the drag racing, its just not what im into and it always seemed to me the groups of people were kind that would date their cousin. without the drifting i would avoid it like the plague.

Comment

^^^^^^
                    to Nopi guy

because of everything else associated with it.

trashy bikini shows.
                    ugly cars.
                    etc.

Comment

Originally posted by gigglesnirt View Post
                      it always seemed to me the groups of people were kind that would date their cousin.
                      says the guy who lives in UTAH???

I though nopi was cool, even with the string bean girls donks and ricey tauruses.
                      I went for the drifting and it was good.

D1? who knows. I heard all those guys are asian. Did anyone know that?

Comment

yes but i live in the high class part of utah

I mean i'll still go to nopi when it comes to utah this year, but it'll be for the drifting, and probably leave soon after thats over.

Comment

D1 > FD

D1 has better drivers and are consistent. FD is getting closer and closer.

of course FD is better in the US. ITS A US BASED COMPANY/ SERIES!! im sure if FD went to japan and tried to start a competitive series, there would be even less cars from the formula D U.S. Series that would make it out to japan, than the amount of cars that D1 sends over here! and im sure just as many events would fall through. they pull the double shift and send there cars over oceans. FD is makin it some big deal that they are going to mexico.. big deal.

give em some credit.

i've been to both events numerous times and i still think D1 is more exciting to watch.

yay 2008! go DA!

Comment

Originally posted by gigglesnirt View Post
                            yes but i live in the high class part of utah

I mean i'll still go to nopi when it comes to utah this year, but it'll be for the drifting, and probably leave soon after thats over.
                            says the guy from utah with the mutton chops???

I think all the drifty fans agree that they're not huge fans of the stereotypical nopi car show or the bikinis, but I think it's good that they'll maybe turn a few of that type of fans over to drifting.. and maybe make a transformation to make themselves grow to be more reputable

Comment

the mutton chops are quite OG

Ambrose Burnside

Ambrose Everett Burnside (May 23, 1824 – September 13, 1881) was an American railroad executive, inventor, industrialist, and politician from Rhode Island, serving as governor and a U.S. Senator. As a Union Army general in the American Civil War, he conducted successful campaigns in North Carolina and East Tennessee, but was defeated in the disastrous Battle of Fredericksburg and Battle of the Crater. His distinctive style of facial hair is now known as sideburns, derived from his last name.

But seriously good for nopi starting up a good drifting series, without that im sure myself and many other people wouldn't even think about going to an event. Payouts have been amazing as well.
                              Last edited by gigglesnirt; 01-16-2008, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X