How do you "drift" at 100mph?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you "drift" at 100mph?

Thats the title of a newspaper add for a big articale on drifting.

"Its one of the fastest growing phenomenons in America. Learn about the new motorsport called 'Drifting' and who's doing it."

In tomorrow's Union Tribune Currents.

Ill post the add up tonight, and post the full articale when it comes tommrow.

IMO: Its getting too big. Things that get to big to fast usally dont last.

there's so many jokes you could make about that last line, but I won't go there.

but who knows, maybe it will all cool down and fade so
    chevettes and camaros can drift in peace.
    jeez.

Comment

hopefully drifting fades and only the real drift fans will be left,not ppl in it cuz' of popularity

Comment

Damn and I just ordered my Luis Viton seats and Chanel pedels. Damn and what am I going to do with my drift specific Rolex shifter.

Comment

maby its what drifting needs, you start to think that streetracing stayed for a while and is still going on, if drifting goes big then dies. the "drifting community" the people who will do it whether its big or underground will have the spotlight off of them and will have more freedom. i think its a double edged sword when its bad its bad if its good its good.

Comment

you should check out import tuners new issue.....

Comment

Yeah I was at a mag stand yesterday and saw an article on touge drifting. Looked it over. Article about wrecked cars. I laughed so hard. I dont know whether it will encourage or discourage the retards tho. I think it was MODIFIED. I dunno.

LOL driftxtreem

Comment

How do you "drift" at 100mph?

Q: How do you "drift" at 100mph?
                A:VERY carefully!

Comment

^ I believe the proper answer is, "poorly".

Comment

My sister and I were at DD13 this past Saturday and a lady from the San Diego Union Tribune interviewed her. As long as the media types are actually coming out to events and just documenting what they see, I see no wrong in that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ex-Cat
                      ^ I believe the proper answer is, "poorly".
                      I believe the proper answer is "profesionally" lol

Comment

I've seen it done. Because the entry speed is so fast, you are going to have to kick it out waaaay early, and at the right angle lock all 4 wheels to slow it down (which extends the slide even more heheh). When Komatsu brought the blue Signal Auto Sil180 to Hawaii in 2001 for the Signal Drift Clinic, he blew us all away by choku'ing the straight at over 100mph, and then kicking it out waaaaaaaaaay before the turn and he had complete control. Honestly, before any of us saw him to that to that turn, we didnt know it was possible at that entry speed. I'd say at max we were only hitting 50-60mph on that turn. After everyone saw that, someone put it best as 'now the real learning begins.' Nowadays you'll find a few guys hitting between 60-80 mph on that turn. Its a little different when you're drifting in a circular area like Irwindale. I'm sure you could hold a high speed drift for a longer period of time. But on our track it goes from a straightaway with guardrails on both sides, to a 75 degree turn (tighter than a 90 degree for sure). Entering at 100mph is madness, but I've seen it done.

Comment

Originally posted by driftxtreem
                          Damn and I just ordered my Luis Viton seats and Chanel pedels. Damn and what am I going to do with my drift specific Rolex shifter.
                          ^ heh heh, drift you've been listening to too much Shyne

Comment

wow 40mph can get scary at times but 100 hey who cares if it gets big we will just get more tracks to drift at. just like there are import drag racing events everywhere. Let the whoever wants to drift on the street do that and they can feel cool, id rather drift at the track and skip all that crap

Comment

yeah i have the video of him doing that at ur track omg the slide is soo perfect and he goes down it like 50 yards....god that car is damn loud too.... ahah and alex dented that one guys car on the straightaway gaurdrail..... hey crazy hawaiian...are u the one in the white camero or is that another guy?

Comment

Working...
                              X