No announcement yet.

How do you "drift" at 100mph?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it getting big is bad. WIRED magazine had a article on drifting and it had a little tutorial in it, so kids can kill themselves thinking they know what they are doing.

The same thing is going to happen to drifting that happened to street racing people got killed and the police cracked down on it. Nowadays if you rev you engine you get arrested.

I'm about to get my license and have only ridden in a car drifting but the reason I like drifting/want a 240sx is because of the crowd and type of people. Honestly I probably wont drift much but I will do auto-x and try to get some track time. If a bunch of ricers get into "drifting" cops are going to stereotype and its going to hurt the real drifters in the long run. 2 years from now after all the ricers sell their AE86's and 240sx's the cops will still be just as strict about it. The "ricers" will "drift" mess it up and then when the real drifters stay with it they are the ones that going to hurt.

Thats my $.02

Comment

Originally posted by S13_Steve
      are u the one in the white camero or is that another guy?
      Thats REVLIMIT.

Comment

Comes out at 2am tommrow.

Comment

Here it is!!!

Brake Dancing

Grace has its turn in the new motor sport of drifting

By Kathleen Flynn
          COPLEY NEWS SERVICE

In Nadine Toyoda's house, the most popular room is the garage. That's where she spends most of the hours between college classes and work – under the hood of a 1989 charcoal-colored 240SX Nissan.

To read entire article, go to the link below.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniont...4drifting.html
          Last edited by silvia_s13; 02-24-2004, 03:41 AM.

Comment

Pretty decent articale. Few mistakes, like wtf is tolga? And the whole inital-d thing.

Comment

hey cash do you know if the cops are crackin down on SD yet?

Comment

i already heard police stations have already created task forces just for the touge area's in some locations just ike what we have here with DRAGNET.... i just hope the cops dont crack down on the street drifters...screw the touges

Comment

Originally posted by Chas
                  Pretty decent articale. Few mistakes, like wtf is tolga? And the whole inital-d thing.
                  yeah, it said my sister had 3 older brothers, she only has two

Comment

Originally posted by S13_Steve
                    i already heard police stations have already created task forces just for the touge area's in some locations just ike what we have here with DRAGNET.... i just hope the cops dont crack down on the street drifters...screw the touges
                    Touge is what its all about

Comment

Why do you make front of street racers, when you want to drift on the street. Im not saying that everyone here drifts on the street but from what im reading a lot do. Are you any better then the street racers. The cops will already bust you *Censored**Censored**Censored* for drifting, its called wreakless endangerment. If they crack down on ppl drifting what do you expect im glad they are i dont want anyone to get killed that is innocent driving down the street when someone crashes into them cause they were drifting. Im going to wait till a track opens up or an existing track alows it here in new england area, im willing to drive far so i might not have to wait long.

If ppl get killed drifting then i see it as the medias fault for trying so hard to make it intresting to ppl, they dont show the bad side of pulling this crap in public roads. They just make cool so they get ratings. Also how do you know that the newbies are going to screw it up just because youve been doing it, and know how for a while doesnt mean you cant get injured/die yourselfs. Sry for getting off topic.

Comment

Import Tuner had an awesome article on drifting this month, a few errors but it was probably the best I have read so far.

Comment

Originally posted by cpv35
                          yeah, it said my sister had 3 older brothers, she only has two
                          Who is your sister?

Comment

Yeah I remember seeing Komatsu in a vid I dled that coverd the Driftsession. I was blown away.......and happy that revlimit got in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chas
                              Who is your sister?
                              Kat, the one in the blue S14. She's part of Nadine's Drifting Pretty crew.

Comment

Is she the same Kat from SDSU? I think i met her, or she came into the shop or something. She has a website right? Do you drift?

Comment

Working...
                                X