FALKEN crazy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FALKEN crazy!

dang, it started with the darren new car thread but falken going all out. this is all from the falken site. freakin dp-ae86! it was right under my nose!

darren mcnamara: 2008 Saturn Sky - 6.7L Custom V8, 700HP 600TQ
    hiro sumida: 2007 Lexus IS350 - Hasselgren Custom V8, 600HP 450TQ
    calvin wan: 2008 Nissan 350Z - 4.35L DOHC Nissan V8, 500HP 400TQ -
    vaughn gitten:2008 Ford Mustang - Ford Modular 5.0L DOHC, 650HP, 450TQ
    taka aono: 1986 Toyota Corolla - 4AG Turbo, 300HP 260TQ
    seigo yamamoto:2007 Mazda RX-8 - 3 Rotor 20B, 650HP 450TQ
    ross petty: 1994 Nissan 240SX - 2.4 Liter SR20DET , 470HP 450TQ

everybody's changin and i dont feel the same...

yeah really...right under our noses...

Comment

It seems like D-Mac is getting the same thing that Ben Schwarz had.

Hasselgren doin a V8 is pretty new to me..thats crazy.

And I thought Ross was building a Rotary Powered 240?

Comment

Ive come to a conclusion that falken will totally fail this year with the exception of taka and JR, and maybe Ross.

Those are the only guys who are basically coming back in the same cars.

V8 vert Z... nice way to bite a old team mates setup

And a sky with more power then the stang.... man they are tripping

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
          Ive come to a conclusion that falken will totally fail this year with the exception of taka and JR, and maybe Ross.

Those are the only guys who are basically coming back in the same cars.

V8 vert Z... nice way to bite a old team mates setup

And a sky with more power then the stang.... man they are tripping
          People do what works...its motorsport not a car show...it aint all about originality even though its a nice bonus sometimes.

A total fail? Really? Come on that's a bit much...even if you are right 3 out of 7 isn't that bad.

And are you really going to count out Hiro and D-mac? D-mac did get a podium last year. I think he'll be alright in the new car.

Comment

takes time to learn a totally new car soo

should be interesting

Comment

this year WILL be interesting

the majority of the drivers seem to be driving new cars or the same with a new EXTRA power approach

Comment

With D-Mac basically taking over Ben Schwarz' old car I'm pretty sure they probably have some data that they can use which will give them a boost in the learning curve.

I think it really just matters on how quickly D-mac's driving style can come to a middle ground with the characteristics of that type of car.

Comment

How is this any different from every year that 3 or 4 people had new different cars? If they all start with them at the begining of the season, that'll be shocking.

Comment

Horsepower wins the matches, ladies.

In this sport, power conquers all.

Comment

Originally posted by soultron View Post
                      How is this any different from every year that 3 or 4 people had new different cars? If they all start with them at the begining of the season, that'll be shocking.
                      Last year, Calvin / JR / Dmac / Robbie Nishida were in the same cars as the year before, Taka had a new motor but it was one that had been tested in several cars before, and Ross's car, although it was new, it had a pretty conservative setup.

This year, every single car has a new motor this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd View Post
                        Last year, Calvin / JR / Dmac / Robbie Nishida were in the same cars as the year before, Taka had a new motor but it was one that had been tested in several cars before, and Ross's car, although it was new, it had a pretty conservative setup.

This year, every single car has a new motor this year.

Yes, but someone is in a new car every year, I'm not sure why you guys are suprised about it. They're all great drivers.

Comment

why is there no FALKEN Tires in the Formula D flyers I have see???????????

Comment

Originally posted by olddrifter View Post
                            why is there no FALKEN Tires in the Formula D flyers I have see???????????
                            This is just speculation but it could be because they aren't a "series" sponsor this year and rather are just running their team.

I know for a fact that Falken has pulled most if not all their event budget (major car shows, etc) because of the ALMS team they're putting together for 2008. I'm just not sure if being a "series" sponsor of Formula D is one of the things that got cut

Comment

^they have to be a tire sponsor of the series or else their team couldn't run

it's cool to see falken going all-out, this should be interesting
                              Last edited by cfrost; 03-12-2008, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X