ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wall Speedway closing. What happens to Formula D event?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DooooooDS

English town sounds awesome, but heres an idea if they shoot it down, Pocono Raceway, where the Pen500 and Pocono500 are held. and seriously, check out the infield tracks there. <a href="http://www.poconoraceway.com/Pocono/index.html">CLICK ME A$$</a>

Comment

Originally posted by Cornerstrike7 View Post
      You can move up the Las Vegas round as someone else mentioned ....
      The Las Vegas round has been planned in collaboration with Battle of the Imports. It is the same weekend as the NHRA / D1 collaboration the last 2 years. It is unlikely that the date can be moved very easily, since it's not just FD which is involved.

Comment

News coming shortly regarding Wall.

Comment

Originally posted by Formula D View Post
          News coming shortly regarding Wall.
          Today shortly or by the end of the week or by the end of the month shortly? Too many people have their own meaning for shortly.

Comment

WALL is the WORST track I have ever seen for drifting.
            This is such a blessing.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
              WALL is the WORST track I have ever seen for drifting.
              This is such a blessing.
              I've never been there or anything but it didn't seem that bad...it just looked really challenging to drift.

That transition from the bank to flat area really looked difficult.

Comment

Ok, in all seriouness, Pocono Raceway is my vote. Seriouly, take a look at it, tell me any of the three infield tracks wouldn't be awesome

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeySlide View Post
                  I've never been there or anything but it didn't seem that bad...it just looked really challenging to drift.

That transition from the bank to flat area really looked difficult.
                  Yes, that is my point.
                  every transition sure looked like it put a BEATING on the cars.

Comment

I inquired about what they're doing about the closing of wall speedway, this is what formula drift has said.

"We will be contacting you soon about further details in the NJ area."

so i think it'll be in englishtown, or at least i hope it will.

Comment

My vote is bring an event back to Texas.

Why? There are lots of events on the east and west coast, not a lotin the mid-south. We have new racetracks and speedways popping up all over the place, and a rediculous number of drift clubs, forums, teams, and organizations that would love to have them back. I know Houston didn't work out so well, but I hope they consider another shot in Texas at some point...

Comment

Originally posted by MrHolister View Post
                        My vote is bring an event back to Texas.

Why? There are lots of events on the east and west coast, not a lotin the mid-south. We have new racetracks and speedways popping up all over the place, and a rediculous number of drift clubs, forums, teams, and organizations that would love to have them back. I know Houston didn't work out so well, but I hope they consider another shot in Texas at some point...
                        i heard texas may be a spot for 09' season

Comment

There are lots of events on the east
                          Yep, we have a monopoly! All 1 events is enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Banner View Post
                            Yep, we have a monopoly! All 1 events is enough.
                            That's one more than out here buddy.

Comment

That's one more than out here buddy.
                              True, but why should we lose another event? We had West Virginia, then lost it this year, now we've lost Wall. While I still say VIR should get a date, Englishtown sounds good, too. The West could stand to lose a few events for Mid-America and Mid-Atlantic spots.

Comment

FYI... the "East" lost West Virginia because no one showed up!

Comment

Working...
                                X