ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wall Speedway closing. What happens to Formula D event?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flyonthewall View Post
    FYI... the "East" lost West Virginia because no one showed up!
    Yeah, I know. But Drifting is popular here in the Mid-Atlantic. I don't know what happened to WV, but I will say that I didn't know there was an event until the week of. I've also heard that it was mis-managed by FD.

Comment

seriously? Has anyone been reading what I'm saying. I emailed them, they're keeping it in nj, and any one with tickets will be notified soon.

Comment

Originally posted by ineedabettercar View Post
        seriously? Has anyone been reading what I'm saying. I emailed them, they're keeping it in nj, and any one with tickets will be notified soon.
        Why haven't they made an official announcement. They haven't even mentioned it on their website about Wall closing down.

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Banner View Post
          Why haven't they made an official announcement. They haven't even mentioned it on their website about Wall closing down.
          Formula D had a tech day this weekend, and with just 2 weeks until Long Beach, they've been very very busy getting things ready.

Andy @ FD mentioned at the tech day that they will have an announcement very very soon, possibly monday or tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd View Post
            Formula D had a tech day this weekend, and with just 2 weeks until Long Beach, they've been very very busy getting things ready.

Andy @ FD mentioned at the tech day that they will have an announcement very very soon, possibly monday or tuesday.
            They don't have people just dedicated to PR or even news? I mean, they could at least mention that Wall isn't going to be open for 2008. A simple link to someone else's story would be better than not mentioning it on their website.

I realize that running an organization like FD isn't easy and can become very time consuming, but they are a part of the SCCA and I would hope they would be more informative than this.

Comment

id like to be notified monday, ive been looking forward to this since last year.

Comment

They don't have people just dedicated to PR or even news? I mean, they could at least mention that Wall isn't going to be open for 2008. A simple link to someone else's story would be better than not mentioning it on their website.

I realize that running an organization like FD isn't easy and can become very time consuming, but they are a part of the SCCA and I would hope they would be more informative than this.

They have a PR firm but a PR firm can only release what their client tells them to release.

And things are extremely busy for them right now especially with many teams not ready to go yet and time quickly passing by as Long Beach approaches.

They have a ton of other things to do and for all we know negotations to any sort of contingency plan for wall could be on going.

Further more Wall would have been the third round and a couple months from now. I think that an announcement anytime this week is well within a reasonable amount of time as far as informing people about the situation.

Why you mentioned SCCA in your post is beyond me...I don't see what that would have to do with this.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeySlide View Post
                  Why you mentioned SCCA in your post is beyond me...I don't see what that would have to do with this.
                  Well, the SCCA is their organizing body and on their own (Formula D's) website where it talks about FD gaining "professionalism."

"The inaugural four-event circuit kicked off in 2004 and would be sanctioned by SCCA Pro Racing, with strict SCCA marshals working track operations at each event; the level of professionalism was raised."

While, again, something like this is hard to prepare for, there should be some acknowledgment that Wall has closed and they are working on a resolution instead of having to read about it on other websites or get the news on forums. It's been about two weeks since the news broke, some sort of acknowledgment should have been made by now instead of "business as usual."

Comment

Well, the SCCA is their organizing body and on their own (Formula D's) website where it talks about FD gaining "professionalism."

"The inaugural four-event circuit kicked off in 2004 and would be sanctioned by SCCA Pro Racing, with strict SCCA marshals working track operations at each event; the level of professionalism was raised."

While, again, something like this is hard to prepare for, there should be some acknowledgment that Wall has closed and they are working on a resolution instead of having to read about it on other websites or get the news on forums. It's been about two weeks since the news broke, some sort of acknowledgment should have been made by now instead of "business as usual."
                    It's better to announce something like "hey, there was a shakeup, and here's our solution" than to say "hey, things are screwed up, we're working on a solution". If they are just a few days away from a solution, I'd rather wait and hear the problem and the solution in the same announcement.

hold your horses.

PS - i'm pretty sure FD is no longer affiliated with SCCA

Comment

No we are not owned or have any affiliation with SCCA though they were our sanctioning body for a year or two.

With regards to Wall, as posted before, we will have something to announce shortly. It makes no sense to give any other information than that due to the complex nature of something like this. Confusion is likely to occur if we report incomplete information or speculate. Keep your eyes here or on the website. You will see that we have not pulled the event yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd View Post
                        It's better to announce something like "hey, there was a shakeup, and here's our solution" than to say "hey, things are screwed up, we're working on a solution". If they are just a few days away from a solution, I'd rather wait and hear the problem and the solution in the same announcement.

hold your horses.

PS - i'm pretty sure FD is no longer affiliated with SCCA
                        Originally posted by Formula D
                        No we are not owned or have any affiliation with SCCA though they were our sanctioning body for a year or two.
                        Huh, thought FD was still with the SCCA. Tells you how much I've been paying attention to the cars here lately.

I'm not trying to offend you, the fans of and the Formula D. I'd just prefer that there was some acknowledgment that Wall had closed. I mean, this is bigger than just Formula D, as the track has been around for nearly 60 years and has held various types of short track racing since 1950s. It's a very historic track for the northern short track oval guys.

Comment

No offense taken. Just hold tight, there is good reason why we didn't post Wall's closure. It will all make sense once everything has been ironed out. A lil trust in us ole' freaks over here.

Comment

Originally posted by Formula D View Post
                            No offense taken. Just hold tight, there is good reason why we didn't post Wall's closure. It will all make sense once everything has been ironed out. A lil trust in us ole' freaks over here.
                            I'll wait. Geez, I'm a caffeined up, 24 year old that has to wait, that can't work.

Comment

Originally posted by Formula D View Post
                              i put my trust in you, i just want to see this event, ive been planning this for a year!!

Comment

Yoshioka!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X