No announcement yet.

BONDURANT CHEATED Formula Drift Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If drift avengers still has the car and the desire to sponsor someone. Maybe they should have some sort of tryout, rather than slandering someone all over these forums.

There are countless people that would love to get their foot in the door, including myself.

I can't take this thread seriously though.. I don't imagine anyone would would be so unprofessional as to stoop this low.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sebring View Post
      If drift avengers still has the car and the desire to sponsor someone. Maybe they should have some sort of tryout, rather than slandering someone all over these forums.

There are countless people that would love to get their foot in the door, including myself.

I can't take this thread seriously though.. I don't imagine anyone would would be so unprofessional as to stoop this low.
      what are you referring to when you say anyone would be so unprofessional? all that was said on this forum is the truth. it is not slander, these are facts. Im selling the damn car and team.
      I promise no one else is going to step up to sponser a young drifter with nothing but faith as a contract.... you make a good deed and good faith seem like a horrible thing. maybe we should give james a trophy just for being a great guy. dont you think I've earned the right to say the truth about my first experience with the drifting world.
      Last edited by drift-avengers; 07-30-2008, 07:20 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• Hi Ruth,

It's Dat. I'm so sorry to hear about this entire situation. I had no clue until you contacted me today. Let me know if you need anything. We're always here from you.

Honestly guys, Ruth is just a very kind person who was taken advantaged of. BOTTOM LINE! No need to bash on her. Help her find a driver and leave the comments out. I'm not here to bash on James either, I didn't know him very well. But, I can understand why Ruth would be upset. So give her some slack and find her a driver!

Comment

• Originally posted by Vertex USA View Post
          Hi Ruth,

It's Dat. I'm so sorry to hear about this entire situation. I had no clue until you contacted me today. Let me know if you need anything. We're always here from you.

Honestly guys, Ruth is just a very kind person who was taken advantaged of. BOTTOM LINE! No need to bash on her. Help her find a driver and leave the comments out. I'm not here to bash on James either, I didn't know him very well. But, I can understand why Ruth would be upset. So give her some slack and find her a driver!
          Thank you Dat. I appreciate that. I am disillusioned that some professional drifters would condone James' behavior. Its like Im being punished for being kind and selfless.
          I really dont feel welcome in this industry and I was just trying to protect other victims from being lied to and deceived. If anyone wants to buy the car and team, please let me know.
          thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by Vertex USA View Post
            Hi Ruth,

If anyone knows the name of someone in the los angeles area who can modify a mitsubishi evo, please let me know... I need a new clutch and more hp...
            thank you. Ruth

Comment

• A handful of shops could help you with your EVO:

RMR - Huntington Beach
              Road Race Engineering - Santa Fe Springs
              Harman Motive - Torrance
              High End Performance - Ventura
              South Coast Mitsubishi - Costa Mesa
              SP Engineering - Azusa
              XS Engineering - Garden Grove

that's off the top of my head. I'm sure there's several others that are readily available.

www.evolutionm.net is one of the larger Evo boards, they can probably give you better advice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slapshotnerd View Post
                A handful of shops could help you with your EVO:

RMR - Huntington Beach
                Road Race Engineering - Santa Fe Springs
                Harman Motive - Torrance
                High End Performance - Ventura
                South Coast Mitsubishi - Costa Mesa
                SP Engineering - Azusa
                XS Engineering - Garden Grove

that's off the top of my head. I'm sure there's several others that are readily available.

www.evolutionm.net is one of the larger Evo boards, they can probably give you better advice.
                thank you very much... I'll call in the morning...

Comment

• Being new to the drift scene, I find this thread very interesting. My company is a new sponsor of a few drift teams/drivers this year and I am very excited about the growth of this sport. Formula D and its partners have done a great job making this sport more mainstream so that companies such as mine are willing to put marketing dollars into the sport. My take-away from what i am reading here is that any team owner / sponsor needs to be very careful when engaging a driver, especially when serious money is on the line.

Ruth, thank you for posting your story here. I can learn from your situation. As I look to expand my company's involvement in this sport I will make sure to be careful who I deal with. What happened to you will scare away money and sponsors. In the economic times that we are in, the marketing dollars do not flow as quickly. Even NASCAR is having problems attracting sponsors.

I believe that the majority of the drivers in this sport are good people, unfortunately the few yahoos out there ruin it for everyone

Comment

• Originally posted by Drift Genius View Post
                    Being new to the drift scene, I find this thread very interesting. My company is a new sponsor of a few drift teams/drivers this year and I am very excited about the growth of this sport. Formula D and its partners have done a great job making this sport more mainstream so that companies such as mine are willing to put marketing dollars into the sport. My take-away from what i am reading here is that any team owner / sponsor needs to be very careful when engaging a driver, especially when serious money is on the line.

Ruth, thank you for posting your story here. I can learn from your situation. As I look to expand my company's involvement in this sport I will make sure to be careful who I deal with. What happened to you will scare away money and sponsors. In the economic times that we are in, the marketing dollars do not flow as quickly. Even NASCAR is having problems attracting sponsors.

I believe that the majority of the drivers in this sport are good people, unfortunately the few yahoos out there ruin it for everyone
                    I appreciate your saying that and Im glad Ive opened your eyes... Im sure most of the drivers out there are great people, and the one's that are defending the actions of bondurant obviously are sketchy. Even if I had bondurant sign a contract, it means nothing, because he has no money or collateral. What good would it have done me?
                    If any of you reading this are sponsers, I would be willing to talk to you if there is a good enough reason for me to stay involved in this sport. I really love the excitement at the events and would love to get to know the drivers and teammates.
                    thank you again.

Comment

• Ruth -

A performance-based contract would have kept you from paying $3k per month to him without any results. You could have paid $1k per month to cover his bills, and an additional $5k for podium / $1k for top 16 or something along those lines...

as for paying for the Porsche + legal bills / Letting him drive the lambo / vacations / other lavish expenses, no contract would have changed any of that. On the other hand, outside of someone winning an event or championship, I don't see how any of those expenses could be 'justified' as a business expense related to Drifting. Those seem to have been done out of the kindness of your heart, and no contract covers that.

Comment

• keep in mind also that if they want to run in the formula d series they're going to have to enter pro-am or do a petition. Unless the driver has a license with formula d their fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by facked_yer_mom View Post
                          keep in mind also that if they want to run in the formula d series they're going to have to enter pro-am or do a petition. Unless the driver has a license with formula d their fine.
                          she knows that already if u read all the pages in this story lol

Comment

• Originally posted by RAM GARAGE View Post
                            she knows that already if u read all the pages in this story lol
                            if there are any sponsers out there who know the meaning of loyalty and integrity please I'd love to know if you exist.
                            I cant possibly be the only one.
                            thank you so much....
                            I am getting so much pressure to stop speaking the truth that im thinking this is washington, dc and not los angeles...

Comment

• Originally posted by drift-avengers View Post
                              if there are any sponsers out there who know the meaning of loyalty and integrity please I'd love to know if you exist.
                              I cant possibly be the only one.
                              thank you so much....
                              I am getting so much pressure to stop speaking the truth that im thinking this is washington, dc and not los angeles...
                              Yes Ruth we do exist

Comment

• Originally posted by drift-avengers View Post
                                i actually was planning on ending this whole thing yesterday, but james' father sent me some very vile and horrendous things about me and my son.
                                I sent James a peace offering, even offering him a partnership at a race shop I am building. His dad said some dispicable things and said to never talk to james again. i suggest since you are in the bonduranat camp, you tell him to keep his father out of this.
                                FYI, I'm not 'in their camp' nor do I even talk to them. I am someone that's had a lot of years in this industry which is more than you can say. You have some maturity issues going on because you just can't seem to just LET IT GO. This is DRIFTING.COM, not DRAMA.COM

Comment

Working...
                                X