No announcement yet.

(TV DEAL) D1GP Signs with FOX - Largest Media Deal in the History of Drifting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (TV DEAL) D1GP Signs with FOX - Largest Media Deal in the History of Drifting

(TV DEAL) D1GP Signs with FOX Television Station Group

This was signed last week
    Official D1 PR in 1-2 days

How vague...

Do any other insiders know what it is so they could just post it?

Comment

D1 will be on FOX TV

Comment

dang, now i need to put back my tv in my room....

Comment

Now that it's out there...

Ok well, I saw this at the office and thought I had to post it up, I don't think it's supposed to even go out officially until tomorrow.

D1 Grand Prix signs with FOX TV...

"D1GP USA (www.d1gp.com), the motorsports industry’s premier drifting series, announced today it has finalized a deal with GPI Content Corporation and The FOX Television Station Group to air each of the D1GP USA Championship Points Series events in an estimated 45 million homes on FOX owned TV stations. Each event is slated as a one hour special, and is anticipated to be broadcast adjacent to high-profile sporting events during the Fall 2009 season. The FOX owned and operated broadcast TV stations provide content to nearly 40 percent of the nation’s households and nearly 44% of the nation’s Hispanic households, assuring that D1GP USA viewers will be the largest U.S. audience ever to witness drifting.

“The partnership between FOX Station Group, GPI and D1GP USA will be monumental for the sport of drifting in the United States. For the first time, the eyes of the nation will be focused on the drifting world,” said Rich Goodwin, president of D1GP USA. “Not only will die-hard fans be able to catch all of the action, but millions of people who have never been exposed to drifting will have a chance to see the best drivers in the world going head to head.”

“We are excited to have the D1GP USA Championship Points Series as part of our program schedule in 2009,” said Chris King of FOX Station Group. This exciting content is highly entertaining as well as being targeted at a demographic audience which we believe to be a strong asset to our broadcasting operations.”

The FOX Television Station Group, owned and operated by News Corporation, is one of the largest TV broadcast groups in the nation. Comprised of 27 stations in 18 markets and covering nearly 40 percent of U.S. TV homes; including 9 of the nation’s top 10 TV markets."
          Last edited by ALI's DRIFT GARAGE; 03-11-2009, 12:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ALI's DRIFT GARAGE View Post
            Ok well, I saw this at the office and thought I had to post it up, I don't think it's supposed to even go out officially until tomorrow.

D1 Grand Prix signs with FOX TV...

"D1GP USA (www.d1gp.com), the motorsports industry’s premier drifting series, announced today it has finalized a deal with GPI Content Corporation and The FOX Television Station Group to air each of the D1GP USA Championship Points Series events in an estimated 45 million homes on FOX owned TV stations. Each event is slated as a one hour special, and is anticipated to be broadcast adjacent to high-profile sporting events during the Fall 2009 season. The FOX owned and operated broadcast TV stations provide content to nearly 40 percent of the nation’s households and nearly 44% of the nation’s Hispanic households, assuring that D1GP USA viewers will be the largest U.S. audience ever to witness drifting.

“The partnership between FOX Station Group, GPI and D1GP USA will be monumental for the sport of drifting in the United States. For the first time, the eyes of the nation will be focused on the drifting world,” said Rich Goodwin, president of D1GP USA. “Not only will die-hard fans be able to catch all of the action, but millions of people who have never been exposed to drifting will have a chance to see the best drivers in the world going head to head.”

“We are excited to have the D1GP USA Championship Points Series as part of our program schedule in 2009,” said Chris King of FOX Station Group. This exciting content is highly entertaining as well as being targeted at a demographic audience which we believe to be a strong asset to our broadcasting operations.”

The FOX Television Station Group, owned and operated by News Corporation, is one of the largest TV broadcast groups in the nation. Comprised of 27 stations in 18 markets and covering nearly 40 percent of U.S. TV homes; including 9 of the nation’s top 10 TV markets."

GAME OVER
            I know you're excited Ali but I'm still not sure I want to jump for joy yet. I mean when they say "FOX Stations" do they mean the local broadcast stations? Like channel 11 for So Cal and etc?

FOX owns a lot of stations so could they be a little more clear?

Formula D was on SPEED TV and they're owned by FOX too so whats the difference between this and the deal that Formula D had?

You're on the inside can you break it down for us?

Comment

what would be sweeter is if they cud edit things super fast and show stuff like the same day like wrc.

Comment

At this time, the release I posted is all I could find. I will be sure to post more information as it becomes available. The bombs are dropping and this is one of many to follow. I'm sure this will help a lot of the drivers provide an added value to all of their sponsors.

Comment

WOW. It seems like everytime I go on this forum, D1 is announcing new stuff. The new management team is really "walking the walk", instead of "talking the talk" like the previous group. The FOX deal is HUGE for drifting.

Comment

BTW, I wasn't technically even suppose to release that much info.

Comment

Oldskool, I couldn't have said it better than that. My personal experience is what makes me appreciate what's happening so much more. It's good to be back at D1 the way it's suppose to be.

Comment

Originally posted by ALI's DRIFT GARAGE View Post
                        GAME OVER
                        What do you mean by that? Are you implying "GAME OVER" between the battle between D1 and FD?

Comment

Big Deal, my MySpace page is owned by Newscorp, you don't see me making a press release.

Comment

Let me clarify this.

No battle between D1 and FD. But I went ahead and took off that last statement. It was meant more as an exclamation than anything. D1 and FD have 2 great events that fans enjoy. I believe that they are also 2 very different events from one another, meaning that one poses no threat to the other.
                            Last edited by ALI's DRIFT GARAGE; 03-11-2009, 12:21 AM. Reason: clarification

Comment

Cool. I am just so used to reading into all the negative connotations between the 2 separate entities.

D1's deal with FOX and FD's deal with SPEED CHANNEL directly benefits both entities monumentally. Most importantly, it benefits us fans who cannot get enough of drifting.

Will the broadcast be live or delayed?

Comment

Working...
                              X