drifting techniques

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drifting techniques

Im just wondering what type of drift techniques you guys and girls use. Or which one you all would like to be able to do. i found a website with drift techniques on them. I list them a little later me personally i want to do the kansei drift or whatever its called.

My favorite technique is the feint, but thats only because my previous setup was underpowered. I had to use weight transfer to kick the rear out. With my new setup my main technique will be a power over. I dont believe in pulling the handbrake or clutch kicking (basically anything that locks the rear). They are good techniques to use but they cause too much stress on the drivetrain causing pre-mature wear and parts break faster. Maybe if I ever get sponsored then I wouldnt care about breaking parts, but for now everything comes out of my pocket (and my time) so I do care.

Comment

for learning, or getting started or whatever, feint seems to be the easiest. the slide is very gradual and easy to catch. same with the e brake. the clutch kick is a bit more violent (swings the *Censored**Censored**Censored* out faster), and in the rain is pretty hard to catch (in my car at least... or maybe i just suck :P)

no power over in my lil N/A Fc3S

Comment

Well which would be good for my car, I might be getting an S13 or an 86 corolla. Which would be good for those cars?

Comment

i first started drifting (on dry ground) by feinting. probably cause i was too scared to do anything else. then came ebrake. after taht i started messing with clutch kick. i dont know if feint is more/less efective on 86/240sx - they are more front heavy than the rx7. i'd say go ebrake in the dry- its surprisingly easy to control (i thought i was gonna spin all crazy, but no)
          in rain, i power over, and maybe ebrake. thats about it. im still not good enough to catch a clutch kick before it spins, and feinting=understeer.
          theres my two cents. and yes, ts probably only worth about two cents. have a nice day.

Comment

I wanna try all of the drift techniques to find out which one would be best for me and my S13 (in about 2 years ). But the ones I really wanna try are the Jump drift, Kansei Drift, and Power Over (when I get enough power in my car).

Comment

my car

Im in a bit of a crisis here. I am a confused 15 year old who is crazy about cars and drifting and i just dont know what car i want. As i posted earlier that i was thinking about a 240sx or a corolla, well my little fragile mind has its mind set on a bunch of cars to choose from. tell me which one i should get.

options.

AE86 corolla, mr2 second gen, 180sx, 240sx, sileighty. I found a nissan skyline r32 GTS on the net. Its $2500 but in japan( i seriously doubt i get this one). i need help on this
              Attached Files

Comment

Kids... ::shakes his head::

Comment

180SX, Sil-Eighty, those cars are from Japan and you won't find them over here. You can convert a 93 240SX front end with S13 headlights and it'd be the look of the Sil-Eighty but that's it. 180SX were only called 180SX in Japan here in the US they're called 240SX (if you already haven't figured that out ) the 180SX is basically the 89-93 240SX Fastback. Just a suggestion, do research on your car before you try to do any modifications, research as much as you can.

hell I'm 14 and I'm teaching a 15 year old hehe

Comment

lol i know. I know nothing about cars. U wouldnt know much about cars if you lived here, all that live here are a bunch of rednecks with mustangs, I have seen 2 civics with body kits here in the last 2 years(sad huh?) I dont even have ricers here! I guess thats what happens when you live in a town thats about 30ft bigger than a gas station. I was thinking of a second generaton MR2. They all sporty like!
                    Attached Files

Comment

I think i must be the only one on these forums that doesnt live in Cali, besides the Norway guy. Well and i only got into cars like 3 months ago

now if you excuse me i think i need a good cry!!!!(J/k)

Comment

Originally posted by nuclear_turtle
                        [B]I have seen 2 civics with body kits here in the last 2 years(sad huh?) I dont even have ricers here!
                        Sounds pretty good to me! Ricers SUCK!!

Comment

ya

i like tha faint drift also

Comment

aw man! u guys are doing it alllll wroing, wasting gas, tires and energy!!!

just do wut i do....get yer friends to push u around da track!!!

Comment

for my ff styles...

i prefer the breaking drift.. its fun... and it looks fun when you see a cars *Censored**Censored**Censored* end lifting up while coming around a corner around 40!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X