Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (10 FREE TICKETS) FORMULA DRIFT "LAS VEGAS" July 10th/11th 2009

(10 FREE TICKETS) FORMULA DRIFT "LAS VEGAS" July 10th 2009

Please tell us why you deserve a ticket.

-your post should be creative and entertaining

hey i was just wondering what kind of tickets you are giving away for this event?

Comment

I deserve a ticket because I had to stand in line with my buddies nearly 1 whole hour just to pick up my "FREE TICKETS" for the D1 Anaheim event the other day.

I invited 2 of my old school buddies from the 510 area code, Berkeley, CA. Hence, the screen name "oldskool510." They're both into motorsports, but have never been to a drifting event.

They left Berkeley about 6 a.m. and drove 6 hours straight to Anaheim Stadium. I met them there thinking we'll just make a quick stop to WILL CALL and go right into the event......But heck NO, the Industry WILL CALL line was about 100 people deep.

Thinking it would go quickly, 5 minutes became 10, 15 minutes became 30, and on and on until about an hour later.

The worst part about it was there was 2 other WILL CALL lines with very few people in them. The INDUSTRY WILL CALL line was just horrendous. Did D1 give away free tickets just to fill the stands or what?

Almost the entire hour I had to put up with their trash talking because I had told them I had the VIP hook-ups for the event. I guess every else had them too. Just imagine the torture putting up with your friends talking sh*t about you for an hour.

Regardless, we had a blast at the event.

I even had one of the guys post their experience using my screen name on a thread somewhere here.

This is what he wrote - "Awesome event. Awesome drifting."

Drifting just increased their fan base. He said he's bringing about 50 people to Sonoma when that happens.

Please make this up to me with 4 FREE VIP TICKETS, a private jet to Vegas, and a suite at the Belllagio for the weekend. lol Thanks again...

Comment

Originally posted by Hach1r0k1d03 View Post
        hey i was just wondering what kind of tickets you are giving away for this event?
        Hachi is a D1 promoter, right? Hachi tell them that D1 gave out VIP tickets and challenge FD to match it. Hopefully, in the sake of competition, FD will outdo D1 and give out hotel suites with their VIP passes. lol FD and D1 are always battling and outdoing each other, so why not here.....btw I want a jacuzzi tub in my suite.

Comment

"Drifting just increased their fan base. He said he's bringing about 50 people to Sonoma when that happens. "
          we plan to give away free tickets to Sonoma

Comment

I am going to that, too..

Comment

I'll be coming from Utah as always, probably bringing at least 3 other people. Last time at this event we woke up about 4am in Utah to begin driving down. Got there about noon and the event hadn't quite started. We drove around vegas trying to find a titty bar that would allow 18 and older instead of 21 and older like most because we had a couple people under age. The entire time we didn't quite have a lot of gas, and we were driving a natural gas vehicle. The tank can't hold much and there are only a few stations you can fill up that are a couple hundred miles from eachother. Anyway we failed with that mission, and at about 3 decided to get to the track, at this point we were already very tired.

We came, we saw, and yoshioka kicked *Censored**Censored**Censored* after a couple years of thinking a corolla will never be competitive again. Not only did he win he beat out some impressive drivers too. When the event finished, I think about 11-12pm, we just started heading straight to Utah again. No sleep, and the sun had been beating down on us all day. On the way back one of the stations was closed for natural gas and we were kind of screwed, we spent the night in the car until morning when it opened.

We would love to do this all over again, it would be nice if I could get a ticket. If possible another for a friend or two but whatever works, I am the one supplying the car for the trip after all.

Comment

Originally posted by gigglesnirt View Post
                I'll be coming from Utah as always, probably bringing at least 3 other people. Last time at this event we woke up about 4am in Utah to begin driving down. Got there about noon and the event hadn't quite started. We drove around vegas trying to find a titty bar that would allow 18 and older instead of 21 and older like most because we had a couple people under age. The entire time we didn't quite have a lot of gas, and we were driving a natural gas vehicle. The tank can't hold much and there are only a few stations you can fill up that are a couple hundred miles from eachother. Anyway we failed with that mission, and at about 3 decided to get to the track, at this point we were already very tired.

We came, we saw, and yoshioka kicked *Censored**Censored**Censored* after a couple years of thinking a corolla will never be competitive again. Not only did he win he beat out some impressive drivers too. When the event finished, I think about 11-12pm, we just started heading straight to Utah again. No sleep, and the sun had been beating down on us all day. On the way back one of the stations was closed for natural gas and we were kind of screwed, we spent the night in the car until morning when it opened.

We would love to do this all over again, it would be nice if I could get a ticket. If possible another for a friend or two but whatever works, I am the one supplying the car for the trip after all.

you are getting at least one ticket

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by OldSkool510 View Post
                    Hachi is a D1 promoter, right? Hachi tell them that D1 gave out VIP tickets and challenge FD to match it. Hopefully, in the sake of competition, FD will outdo D1 and give out hotel suites with their VIP passes. lol FD and D1 are always battling and outdoing each other, so why not here.....btw I want a jacuzzi tub in my suite.
                    well drifting.com actually gave a great ticket last year. it was like all access and such. just wondering cus sometimes things change and so its better to buy a ticket then win a ticket like as in the case for long beach. if i won a ticket for long beach i wouldnt have a reserved seat in grandstand 18 which was pretty ideal for me so i bought it instead.

as for the promoting thing. just to clear things up, i wasn't really like with d1. i just signed up to promote on their site and drove to their offices to pick up flyers to hand out.

also, if you look at the other thread, vip at d1 wasn't so vip. i was standing the whole time and didn't like my view and i when i went to the bleacher seating the staff told me VIP is only allowed in VIP section. so yeah.

Comment

well drifting.com actually gave a great ticket last year. it was like all access and such. just wondering cus sometimes things change and so its better to buy a ticket then win a ticket like as in the case for long beach. if i won a ticket for long beach i wouldnt have a reserved seat in grandstand 18 which was pretty ideal for me so i bought it instead.

as for the promoting thing. just to clear things up, i wasn't really like with d1. i just signed up to promote on their site and drove to their offices to pick up flyers to hand out.

also, if you look at the other thread, vip at d1 wasn't so vip. i was standing the whole time and didn't like my view and i when i went to the bleacher seating the staff told me VIP is only allowed in VIP section. so yeah.
                      we will confirm the ticket class soon

Comment

Originally posted by gigglesnirt View Post

Originally posted by INFO View Post
                        you are getting at least one ticket
                        I can make up a sob story, too. lol

Comment

Originally posted by OldSkool510 View Post
                          I can make up a sob story, too. lol
                          Both you and gigglesnirt are active Drifting.com members so that is also factored when we select the ticket winners.

Comment

VEGAS
                            For this event
                            there is no reserved seating for both ticket winners or ticket purchasers. They plan to have more than enough seats.

Comment

Yo

If I'm not mistaken, you guys still owe me tickets from last years vegas. when you guys didnt get the list submitted in time.

Vegas is the best event FD puts together

I will be there no matter what!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X