So is D1GP PA canceled?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tola Chhom View Post
    D1 USA is digging themselves in a bigger hole. They had a year to plan the biggest comeback in drifting history and failed. It hurts me as a drift enthusiast to see this happening to them.
    Because one event isn't happening? LMAO

Comment

when was the last time ***FD*** canceld a event.
      Last edited by Bebop; 06-07-2009, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Its not just one event they were absent all last year promising everyone they would come back and take drifting with a storm and came back with just a sprinkle of rain. Well from my count i think they canceled only 2 events here in the U.S. But with all the bad press canceling an event doesn't help their reputation.

Comment

driftavengers09 is ruth

Originally posted by Piner View Post
          im pretty sure that driftavengers09 is James Bondurant, im just gonna throw that out there.
          Hi this is Ruth, Team Owner. James doesnt even post on drifting.com.
          We have formed a solid team and I am proud of all the drivers in the Drift Avengers. I dont say things without proof backing up my facts. If people dont think there is corruption in D1, then why not compete in their events?
          We will be hosting private events, as well as doing a tv series with Mad Mike of Pimp My Ride. We are also going to England to compete in properly run events. Im sorry, I do not mean to offend anyone on drifting.com. I just think its unfair to the american drifters who have drifting in their blood that they cannot get a fair shot against the Government funded Japanese drivers who come over knowing they are going to win.
          I want to do what I can to make it fair to the Justin Banners and Tyler Cox's of the drifting scene so that they can have a chance to have their dreams come true.

thank you again
          Ruth

Comment

Ruth

I do agree that its pretty unfair for the company to finance there own drivers to compete against muuuch lower quality drivers in america.

And I do agree is unfair to schedule events super far away from the better american series drivers.

But at the end of the day its your choice to run, if you cant hang you cant hang, laugh about it.

And D1 is not government funded at all!! Ds club, read about... that effer gots wads. But word on the street is alot of money that is being funded is by the folks on our side of the ocean.
            Last edited by Bebop; 06-07-2009, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
              Ruth

I do agree that its pretty unfair for the company to finance there own drivers to compete against muuuch lower quality drivers in america.

And I do agree is unfair to schedule events super far away from the better america series drivers.

But at the end of the day its your choice to run, if you cant hang you cant hang, laugh about it.

And D1 is not government funded at all!! Ds club, read about... that effer gots wads. But word on the street is alot of money that is being funded is by the folks on out side of the ocean.
              thanks for your reply.. I didnt mean that D1 is funded by the Japanese Government. I know that the top drivers get funded by the Japanese government so they may do nothing but drive and practice and have unlimited resources for their cars. I didnt say we couldnt hang. hell, if i wanted to prove something, id put james in my 599 ferrari and forrest in my ford gt. Id do it just to prove a point. its not about the money for me personally. Its the principle. D1 is not fair and honest in their judging, considering the Drift King takes orders from the man who owns D1 in Japan.. I know this for a fact and I wont jeapordize anyone's job or career saying how I know this.
              I love drifting and all I want to do is make it fair for drifters of all countries who do not have the luxury of being funded by the Japanese government.
              thanks
              Ruth
              Last edited by driftavengers09; 06-07-2009, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Ruth where did you get the info that Japanese drivers are funded by there Goverment???????????? Do you have any facts to back up the statement??? If so please share to info with us....

Comment

Japanese Government Funds Drifting

the Japanese government want their drivers to keep control of the podium, it's very much part of the image that they're the leading force in perfomance cars - it goes without saying that they'd feel agrieved that a US driver would beat their own. This is not about Rich and Terence who run the D1 in this country.
                  There is so much going on behind the scenes in Japan . James Bondurant got fisrt hand information from KumaKubo back in 2004 right before the start of formula d and he warned James of the politics that come with the sport.
                  My facts dont come from James, but come from several people I know and trust , worldwide, who are not only in the Drifting scene, but high ranking people in Motor sports. Unfortuntately, fellow enthusiasts, there is a lot more going on than even a lot of the Professional drivers are aware of. This will continue until someone stands up and speaks out of the corruption in our sport, otherwise you guys are looking at a short lived sport that will die out just like the import drag racing scene.
                  I will try to get one of my contacts to go on record with this, but i will not give up my source, as any good journalist knows.

Comment

<a href="http://www.hashiriyaexports.com/blog/2009/03/the-death-of-d1-the-rise-and-fall/">The Death Of D1 - The Rise And Fall | RunningLife - Drifting Japan, HashiriyaExports.com, Cars, Japan, Touge, Car Culture</a>

This article is on the internet, but has nothing to do with my direct sources and facts....
                    Last edited by driftavengers09; 06-07-2009, 08:13 PM. Reason: amending it

Comment

Originally posted by driftavengers09 View Post
                      <a href="http://www.hashiriyaexports.com/blog/2009/03/the-death-of-d1-the-rise-and-fall/">The Death Of D1 - The Rise And Fall | RunningLife - Drifting Japan, HashiriyaExports.com, Cars, Japan, Touge, Car Culture</a>

This article is on the internet, but has nothing to do with my direct sources and facts....
                      I posted a thread on this a few months back, yes everything in there is true.... but this government backed drifting conspiracy??

Did a Japanese guy tell you that, the Japanese government would never agree to anything like this. They only back Olympics and that's about it.

Comment

Just to clarify, I am not saying the Japanese Government is behind who wins. I am saying that his majesty, the Drift King, is his own totalitarian state, without regard to the government and its legislative, administrative and judicial branches.
                        And people know this is true.

Comment

What's up D1 the allegations that ruth from team driftavengers is making are big that Mr.Tsuchiya controls who is going to win what do you guys have to say against these allegations. I am just curious what motivated you ruth to be making these big allegations is it something that d1 made against one of your drivers or what was it. I am just going to say that the japanese drivers are in a different level that the american drivers that are competing in the d1 usa series that's what i saw at anaheim and d1 is not d1 with some japanese drivers.

Comment

I agree D1 had much more success when they had exhibition competitions in the U.S. with a roster of more then 5 Japanese D1 professionals. As for the allegations against Tsuchiya he doesn't seem like a corrupt guy, but i don't know him personally just seen him on video, he seems very sincere, and his calls in competitions that i've seen in Option 2 videos were all fair.

Comment

Those are some serious allegations. I just hope the YAKUZA doesn't take offense.

Comment

Originally posted by drift2thextreme View Post
                                What's up D1 the allegations that ruth from team driftavengers is making are big that Mr.Tsuchiya controls who is going to win what do you guys have to say against these allegations. I am just curious what motivated you ruth to be making these big allegations is it something that d1 made against one of your drivers or what was it. I am just going to say that the japanese drivers are in a different level that the american drivers that are competing in the d1 usa series that's what i saw at anaheim and d1 is not d1 with some japanese drivers.
                                At the D1 Race in Miami recently James had qualified 16th and was preparing for the battle drifting against the number 1 condender, DAIGO SAITO. He was thrilled to be able to be able to compete against the greatest drifter in the world. James has the utmost respect for Team Orange and the magnificent drivers on the team. Close to two hours later, one of the judges had to break the bad news to James that the drift king said a mistake had been made and they miscalculated by 1 1/1000 of a point. I asked Terence to do the right thing and allow James to run. They could have even had 17 competing and I wouldnt have said anything. But at the drivers meeting the drift king (and ive never met him either) saw our mechanic with james and connected an incident they had a few years prior at Irwindale when James was all set to run a skyline and then they were asked to pull out of the race by the very same man.
                                I am not quick to make allegations and I told several people I know who are in the heart of the drift scene i Japan about how shocked I was at what happened. They told me that it came as no surprise to them, as the drift king is the right hand man of the owner of all of D1 and he has a reputation of doing this sort of thing.
                                If I had an event, and this had happened, i would do the fair thing and allow 17 drivers . It puzzled me as to why Rich and Terrence refused to sort it out at the track. I was going to bring Mad Mike of Pimp my Ride to all their events and emcee and even supply entertainment(at my own cost) for their events. I love drifting. Im not making any money at this. I have a passion for drifting and support fully any young drifters who just want to get a chance to drive. I am only suggesting that this is the "underground" knowledge of people in this industry who will remain nameless, unless they want to make a statement.
                                There are so many people, even those working for d1 in one capacity or another, who are so fed up by the "politics" which go on and unfair judging. Kumokubo personally told James that it is all political. I am on this forum because I want to make sure the american and british drifters that come here to drive have an equal chance at being on the podium. I have no personal agenda. I dont care if we run D1 again. I just want drivers like Justin Banner and Joe Dycus to have a chance to live their dreams.
                                Im sorry if I offended anyone. I just believe in fairness in competition.
                                Ruth

Comment

Working...
                                X