No announcement yet.

ROSS PETTY V8 S15 Silvia for 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dVpRt3yeFCM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dVpRt3yeFCM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

He talks about going V8 at 3:00

I couldn't have said it any better, but from the sound of it... it sounds like he is looking for a domestic motor.

But I got a peripheral port 13B, and other then the actual motor, and manifolds... I can get everything off the shelf at my local parts store.

Comment

If he puts a SBC in it, I'll cast a blind eye. No, not an LS* whatever. If he puts a 327 in it, I'll have no other choice than to be a fan. I can't knock someone willing to drop real American Iron in a Silvia.

Comment

I love the idea of yet another V8 in FD and what Ross says at 3:50 and 4:40 in the video about them is exactly why I love mine.

Comment

update,

the V8 for this car has still not been selected

Comment

Being a GM guy, I love the LS, but something different would be a nice change......

Comment

I'm still hoping that with the new tire rule they realize the V8 loses a lot of its lure, since you can't run 295's on the back of an S-chassis anymore.

Comment

Well... when you really think about it there's only one maybe two seriously competitive LSX S13s on grid.

Even the top 3 XDC finishers were non V8 users. And that series has its fair share as well.
                Last edited by Bebop; 11-30-2010, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Update from the Garage Boso Facebook account

"Finally!!!!!!!!!!!! we finally found our 2010 Corvette 6.2L V8 engine!!! Now we got to get it all cleaned and build it. Wait until it is done, when you hear it... you will know BOSO is in town!!!"

Comment

Would aany RB be cheaper to maintain and have more hp and tourque than the sr?

Comment

he forgot the drift lesson. "turn up the tunes and pop the clutch like POW" V8. Atleast he keeps it real with the Jtuning. We are in the US though. Makes sence to switch up the game to be more competative. If you can stay in one gear through the track with a V8 do you think the skill level will go down with in the US drifters? Wont it basicaly be turning the car with the gas pedal in one incredibly long burn out?
                      Last edited by Linguo415; 01-30-2011, 11:22 AM.

Comment

taken from BOSO's facebook.
                        its from the LSx family.

Last edited by CelicaDRIFTER; 01-30-2011, 02:07 PM.

Comment

from Garage BOSO's facebook...

Anyone on here have LS1 Camaro F-body engine parts? or know of any wrecking yards in Southern California area. Thanks
                          hit up Garage BOSO if u or anyone has parts for sale and are local in SoCal.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny Fonseca View Post
                            Would aany RB be cheaper to maintain and have more hp and tourque than the sr?
                            If you get a fresh motor and don't crack it open, I can see a RB25 or 26 make 500HP reliable. IMO Americans just never figured out the proper way to build these 90s Japanese powerplants. There must be some missing ingredient we are over looking.

I think Ross will either rise in rank or stay about the same with this build. But I think younger drivers are seriously stunting their development by switching to these V8s. Their throttle control isn't perfect so to negate it they install motors that provide torque at 3k RPM.

I don't know why the F20/22 fell off our maps. We had 2 or 3 in our series that made good reliable horsepower with essentially stock blocks. The motors are at that age range where you can find a recently wrecked one at a reasonable cost. Not a front clip that has been sitting in 3 different countries for over 15 years.

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
                              I don't know why the F20/22 fell off our maps. We had 2 or 3 in our series that made good reliable horsepower with essentially stock blocks. The motors are at that age range where you can find a recently wrecked one at a reasonable cost. Not a front clip that has been sitting in 3 different countries for over 15 years.
                              Probably has a lot to do with the torque curve. Honda motors are known to have little to no torque below 5k RPM's. Also, they're still very expensive and rare motors when compared to the other Japanese motors and the American V8's.

Comment

This is bitter sweet for me. I'm glad to see that this could make Ross more competitive but he really was one of the last hold outs on the whole V8 swap thing.

Kinda funny though...same season Tanner goes back to a 4-cylinder from a V8...Ross goes from a SR20 to a LS motor. Go figure!

I just really hope this works out. Go fourth and destroy all Rossta!

Comment

Working...
                                X