now i know you're gonna say.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spinitsidewayz!
    why would you want to drift a scion...??
    Cuz scions rule. I want one.

Comment

Originally posted by spinitsidewayz!
      why would you want to drift a scion...??
      well scion is a car make... its not a car... they can come out with more than one/two kinds of cars... maybe they'll even come out with a light, cheap, rwd car.... that would be interesting... in a good way of course...

Comment

i heard they were going to come out with a cheap rwd car... i dont know if it was on here or not... but i heard the head of scion is interested in drifting and may bring one out of the scion brand.

kaneda: i drift an automatic front wheel drive wagon. dont tell me that FF cant drift. oh and i do it without handbrake.

on an unrelated note... THIS IS MY 300TH POST! WOOHOO!

Comment

You might want to check out the 2005 Mustang base. For under $20,000, it's coming with a 52/48 weight distribution, 205 hp sohc V6, a 5 speed, and a curb weight of around 3100-3200 lbs. The head engineer from Team Mustang says that "youll be able to steer it with the throttle and the brake..and with the amount of torque we have the weight distribuition is just about right....it'll be a very fun car to drive".

Here's the details on the suspension:
          Although it comes with a live axle/machpherson strut setup to keep costs down, the suspension geometry is modern and is vastly improved. The front suspesion now has coilovers, and the rear axle is now positively located by a 3 link setup with a panhard rod.
          Attached Files

Comment

Yeah i think the new mustang, especialy in V6 trim (because its lighter and cheaper) will be a hell of a drift machine especialy given a few years for them to come on the used car market with low prices.

Ford should offer a cheap v6 mustang with a handling package. improved suspension that kind of stuff. It would be interesting, instead of needing the v8 high powered EXPENSIVE cobra to get the good handling

Comment

Originally posted by chrisfromda909
              kaneda: i drift an automatic front wheel drive wagon. dont tell me that FF cant drift. oh and i do it without handbrake.
              that's called assdragging. welcome to the club.

Comment

a drift is a four wheel slide. it's easy to get the rear sliding in an FF car... if they get the front wheels sliding, too, then i guess it's a drift.

it's more difficult to drift an FF car, so you won't see too many people doing it correctly... but when you do, it's a sight worth seeing.

besides, who are you fellas to tell someone what they can and can't do with their car?

i figure half of you kids who're badmouthing FF drifters aren't even drifting your own cars properly.

Comment

Originally posted by ohtagerbilhero
                  i figure half of you kids who're badmouthing FF drifters aren't even drifting your own cars properly.

Guys guys, im not here to say you cant talk about a subject but trust me there is a long active thread about FF drifting going on right now, Lets keep it there.

Also ohtagerbilhero most of the "kids" who are badmouthing front wheel drive cars. Is just one guy really. And i dont know his age, hes probably a grown man. Check out some of his post in the FF drive drift thread going on He has some interesting things to say, worth the read. Theres a few who agree with him of course, but i think most of the guys on here will say a FF can drift.

I guess my point is i dont know what "kids" your talking about.
                  Last edited by nissanguy_24; 03-19-2004, 06:30 AM.

Comment

sorry, not trying to start sh!t again, especially with ohta, i've seen him around on other forums and he's always got good things to say.

Comment

Originally posted by nissanguy_24
                      Yeah i think the new mustang, especialy in V6 trim (because its lighter and cheaper) will be a hell of a drift machine especialy given a few years for them to come on the used car market with low prices.
                      Ford should offer a cheap v6 mustang with a handling package. improved suspension that kind of stuff. It would be interesting, instead of needing the v8 high powered EXPENSIVE cobra to get the good handling
                      The good news is that they share suspension, so the geomety is the same, but the V6 has better weight distribuiton. Plus the V6 will sticker for under 20 grand like they do now. Unfortunately the V6's will probably come with a softer gentler suspension cause most 6 cyl mustangs get bought by secretaries and teenage girls. But when it comes down to it the basic geometry is there, although you may have to swap the springs/shocks/sway bars to get the handling you want.

Comment

Yeah thats cool, But i've been saying they need to offer a handling package on the v6, for guys who want to go out and run them in road races, or in this case drifting.

that would make a killer little car, because even the v6 has more power then most of its class.

Comment

I agree with you. I think a sport package would be possible but unlikely. If you guys spoke up about it Ford might listen cause the haven't launced the car yet.

Comment

Im going to write ford about it, I think it will be a good idea. Doubt any one will listen but its worth a shot.

Comment

Even though I don't like american cars (they are getting better) I could really see myself owning one of those mustangs. They look good and for the prize seem like a great deal.

Comment

The only problem with new cars is just that. They are new cars therefore warranting new car prices. To me it would suck to go out and spend 20k on a car (or have my parents do it, for all you young-uns out there) and then plan it in Old Man Smithers brick mailbox post first time out.

Anyone that buys a new car to learn how to drift is asking for trouble and hefty repair bills. One of the main reasons people use the S-13's and S-14s and 86's is price. They are cheap, easy to repair and plentiful. Well the 86's are becoming rare but the S-13's are like roaches. Turn on the light and 100 of them run away. The reason folks don't use the FD's is because of the price. But some folks like me don't make smart decisions on that.

But look to the next 2 years for there to be more inexpensive RWD cars that will suit the Drift better. Drifting has taken off so fast in the American scene that car companies haven't really had time to catch up. Believe me though, there are teams in little offices at major manufacturers that are scratching their Brainpans right now trying to figure a way to capitalize. So look to the future, if Drifting stays in the lime light, for cars that fit the bill.

Oh and FF can Drift.......... they can....... LA LA LA LA LA I can't hear anything else.

Comment

Working...
                                X