Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YOUNG DONG 4 LIFE

Comment

NO!!!!! lol!!!!!! now it looks like im just said americans shouldnt drift. LOL!!!!!!! i'm not saying any1 here said that it was just an add on.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth
        Actually Chas when a person with their own business, well a smart person, does their own race car, they sponser themselves. Reason being is they can take that off on taxes as a business expenditure or advertising. I cant think of anyone that would make a race car to showcase their own products and not sponser it. Not smart business. I sure wounldn't.

As for the rest of it, I don't really care. I see both sides of the fence. Drifting is groing too fast for some people and not fast enough for the others. Everyone feels differently about it and there is no right answer. No ones opinion is ignorant and no ones opinion is the right one.

Just get in, sit down, hang on and shut up.

indeed ghost, but none the less, it diffenately gave us an interesting conversation

Comment

Originally posted by vigvoodoo
          NO!!!!! lol!!!!!! now it looks like im just said americans shouldnt drift. LOL!!!!!!! i'm not saying any1 here said that it was just an add on.
          i know! im sorry im sorry im sorry!!! please rewrite it i dont want people to get the wrong idea on it.

Comment

OK. what i said is:
            I think its ok that supercars or all out race race be used in drifting. Just divide it up into classes. If you want to see 1000hp+, 150mph+ drifting in super expensive rare supercars then watch the supercar class if not the watch the ameateur class or whatever class is in between. All i know is no matter what, drifting my old beat up corolla is hella FUN!!!!!!

and on a different topic

Also, whats up with all the people who say only cars from japanese manufacturers should drift??? If only japanese cars should drift, then only the japanese should drift. Why in hell are whiteboys drifting!!! Just seems stupid to me that people diss cars that are good only because of the country the brand is from. Cant we all just get ALONG!!!! lol

Comment

by the way nissanguy_24 I gre up in bakersfield. also, like a mexican song says "my likes are... and only god can take them way!" as long as you like the underground/grassroots form of drifting it doesn't matter what direction MOPAR wants to take drifting, it shouldn't change you. And if u stop liking drifting just because its popular then do you really like drifting or just being a part of something most don't do or know about????

Comment

Ghost of Duluth, my bad man, i thought there was some bad mouthing of neon's. I love my car...I WISH i owned an SRT-4...all i own is the distant cousin to it....neon sxt, LOL but ya i like sleeper cars...leave em' smoking and confused, lol...and i swear the SRT-4 sat on a viper chasis. I know it isn't a neon...it may have it's own, but i was onder the impression it was the same chasis. I may be confusing the two with having the same wheel-barrel dimensions or something. my bad

Comment

viper

I think things will be a lot more clear after the first Formula D event where the Viper is competing. Especially since the first event is held on a road course.

What I can say in regards to some of the things said is that $$ and HP don't make a winning car. Take Ueo and Taniguchi for example or the Apex FD. The Toyota is on opposite ends compared to both those cars and we have seen from the first D1 who can really win. Ueo's car has little monetary value compared to Taniguchi's or some of the others cars.

What I can say is there can be adjustments and amendments/additions to our rule book as we go down the road and try to do what is best for drifting as a whole. Drivers and teams come first and there is an open forum to anyone that wants to express their opinion. This happens all the time in mainstream motorsport as bodies try to make things better for the sport and for the teams. We will do the same

Comment

Originally posted by vigvoodoo
                    by the way nissanguy_24 I gre up in bakersfield. also, like a mexican song says "my likes are... and only god can take them way!" as long as you like the underground/grassroots form of drifting it doesn't matter what direction MOPAR wants to take drifting, it shouldn't change you. And if u stop liking drifting just because its popular then do you really like drifting or just being a part of something most don't do or know about????

Hey, cool to see another local.

Anyways i guess i do enjoy the grass roots level of drifting, i enjoy the fact that even the professional teams arent that far away from the amatures in forms of money and vehichles. It makes it all very real. Im not so much worried about the underground scene, i dont mind that drifting is getting popular, i am hesitant however over the amounts of money someone like mopar may put into it. Only because i dont want to see it turn into a nascar type thing, where the cars driven on the streets have nothing to do with the cars on the tracks.

You are right though, when you say continue doing your own thing, and indeed many of us will. I brought up this thread to see what everyone's thoughts on the subject were, and they seem to of been voiced.

Comment

How could you think an SRT-4 shared a platform with a Viper? And what in the hell is a whee-barrel!?

Comment

Wheel-barrel!!!!! I'm always leaving a single letter out!

Comment

The only people who should be "complaning" here are the drivers that have to go up against him... and if a driver complains about going up against someone who is better funded/better driver than them, they are to much of a cry baby to be in any sport.

550hp Sponsored Viper? I say bring it on. Id love to drive against one to see where I stack up.

also.... if you REALLY know what your looking at, the D1 Works cars are not really close to the stock cars they were built off of. Go seriously eye ball a STOCK stripped and gutted 86 and Ueo's 86...
                          Last edited by Matto; 04-14-2004, 11:03 PM.

Comment

i honestly...can't remember...i just got home from work when i wrote that...apparently i have a 15-minute *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* buffer zone... What I meant to type was they share the same wheel-base dimensions. long night...

Comment

I see nothing wrong with the Viper entering the drifting competitions. Most cars in the D1 arent really even street cars O_o I dont consider Taniguchis S15 or Imamuras FD to be cheap drift cars those cars are pretty much track prepped vehicles.

Also though if you seperate the high end sponsored cars and the normal self sponsored cars then I dont think the drifting action will be extreme. Just because you build a bad *Censored**Censored**Censored* car it doesnt mean its gonna win or do super good. Hell some guy in a slightly modified hachi might pop out of no where and take out everyone. Wouldn't you want to see soemthing liek that? Instead of him having to drift with the normal lower end cars people. If anything it should be like how the D1 is going to be next year. Where they have A,B,C, and D licenses for D1. So it matters on points and your ability to drift good rather then split it up by how much money someone has or sponsorships. Damn I'm bad at explaining things

I dono...I only wish I could get my car up there and battle in atleast one of these events...I'm planning (and saving) on it for 2005 to ship my car up there for atleast one of those events.

Comment

Originally posted by Matto
                                also.... if you REALLY know what your looking at, the D1 Works cars are not really close to the stock cars they were built off of. Go seriously eye ball a STOCK stripped and gutted 86 and Ueo's 86...

You say this because you think i havent seen Ueo's 86, i have. I have touched it. His is the most modified of the d1 vehichls i've seen up close, he was missing the stock dash. There is nothing on that car that a enthusiest willing to sink 20 grand into cant emulate.. of course realisticly his engine is probably very very very highly built inorder to extract any power from that 1.6 liter in a NA build. but a small turbo could put that kind of power to the ground for a relatively cheap amount.

Comment

Working...
                                X