No announcement yet.

Initial D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh yeah I forgot to ask- There's a Japanese Initial D game for original playstation on some websites- Does anyone know if it'll work for the American PS2? By the way, really cool pictures RallyGT. Also, for the people that have the tokyopop version, you can go under setup at the main menu and have it in the original Japanese version while in English, if you know what I mean.

Comment

I.D. On PS\PS2

my friend got the jap import of I.D. second stage for the PS2 and it's just like the arcade version.
      I.D. for Playstation (PSX) is just ok...My friend played that one and he said it sux.

If you ask me they are not reallistic at all, Fun. But not reallistic.

Depends if the game is PAL or NTSC, if it's NTSC then it will work on your PSX with no problem.
      If it's PAL, it will still work but there it several ways that you have to get it to work.
      One is a mod chip, all that soldering can be hard for a newbie, then there are "so called" boot disc, then there is the real easy way that i have used and it works most of the time, The Swap Trick.
      Last edited by DoriFuta-; 05-22-2004, 06:57 PM.

Comment

DoriFuta- I found Initial D Special Stage for PS2 online. What must I do to make it compatible for the American PS2? Please respond

Comment

Yknow i didnt know Intial D was an anime untill recently .

Some guy got my Screen name of this website, we were talking and he showed me a clip. It looked pretty cool. So i checked it out. The series isnt bad, and yeh the american version is kinda messed up

I played the game. Its fun, but it kinda only shows the good side of drifting not the crash and burn side.... heh. Then theres always those kids... you know who im talkin about... mom's Altima is gonna go drift.

But overall i like it. But those kids needa stay home though

Comment

I haven't gotten to see the American version of ID yet, and the way you guys are talking, I don't wanna waste my time. I watched every ID episode and read the subtitles, it was worth it though, great show. I haven't see any of the the 4th stage yet, but I'll wait till they all are out so I don't have to wait between episodes.

I bought my 86 because of ID, but I don't want it to be a panda 86 either, I just think they are a cool car.

There's nothing wrong with an 85. Some corrections from before, the 85/86 is chassis code, not engine code. The 85 comes with a 90hp 4ac and the 86 comes with the 4ag, no difference in block, just head. The 85 comes with a shorter geared tranny, and I believe the same suspension as an 86, but I could be wrong. It has a crappier interior than the 86 and of course, no LSD but not all 86's come with an LSD, it was an option. The SR5 in the US market is pretty much an 85, but it just has the 86 chassis code, not really sure why. My SR5 is just fine.

Comment

i got discs 1-4 but i watch them in english, but with the import classic animation, not split screen drifting crap you know? waiting for freakin borders to get in the 5th discs. what about this movie? whens it coming out. sorry i have limited time and cant read all five pages in this thread.

Comment

Has anyone played that Initial D stage 2 arcade game at the arcade?

I have 3 cars in that arcade game

Comment

i have, its my favorite game of all time.

Comment

i played it, i didnt like it though. i think its kind of stupid that you can beat every first person on each mountain right when you start the game. and then the FF cars are all drifting like FR's and crap. plus whenever i play that game the steering is such crap i cnat even keep my car in control half the time. i have an s15 in ver. 2 and an r34 in ver 1. i like ver. 1 better than ver.2 anyway. i still need to beat the yellow FD on the last mountain and the 86 on akina. freakin hard mang.

Comment

They got a computer game out, it really stinks. I'm going to return it tommorrow. It might be better if you have a steering wheel.

Last edited by Rooney; 05-23-2004, 07:03 PM.

Comment

lol, i like the game a lot. i use the STi 2 door the most...but i never buy a card...
                        i beat myogi and lost on the 2nd race on usui with the STi
                        i got to the r32 on myogi and lost with the s14

Comment

i play version 2 too.
                          i got a evo 6 and skyline R33, and s15.

im almost done with the evo i got like 3 guys left but i havent played it latly. The arcade used to be at the movies n they took it away b.c everyone went there to play arcades and no one watched movies lol. the closest initial d is like 30 min away andd i dont have a car so screw that.

were did u get that computer game from?
                          i know you can buy initial d for ps2 but do u need a mod chip or sumin ?

Comment

Wal Mart. $20.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolinTegra
                              Has anyone played that Initial D stage 2 arcade game at the arcade?

I have 3 cars in that arcade game
                              yea, i do. i wish my scanner was up and running to show you my cars. (unfortuanetly the USB port is broken). i'm currently tuning up my RX-7 Spirit R. and imma 3 star racer

Originally posted by chrisfromda909
                              i played it, i didnt like it though. i think its kind of stupid that you can beat every first person on each mountain right when you start the game. and then the FF cars are all drifting like FR's and crap. plus whenever i play that game the steering is such crap i cnat even keep my car in control half the time. i have an s15 in ver. 2 and an r34 in ver 1. i like ver. 1 better than ver.2 anyway. i still need to beat the yellow FD on the last mountain and the 86 on akina. freakin hard mang.
                              practice makes perfect. there's this one guy who steers so crazily(he has like 900+ victories). it looks like he's actually raving
                              Last edited by Ripper; 05-23-2004, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X