Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you should send Dave an email or PM. He is shimos on these forums. I cant really answer because I'm not affiliated with his organization, but from what I have seen he is extremely cool when it comes to media coverage. I'm just one of the many guys that participate in his events. Sounds like you want to cover one of his BIG events. There is usually a qualifying session the week before the event, then there is the event itself with the top qualifiers and some pro's. I dont know any exact numbers but I would guess around 20-30 people would be participating, and even more would show up at the qualifying. Kick azz events!

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyHawaiian
      I think you should send Dave an email or PM. He is shimos on these forums. I cant really answer because I'm not affiliated with his organization, but from what I have seen he is extremely cool when it comes to media coverage. I'm just one of the many guys that participate in his events. Sounds like you want to cover one of his BIG events. There is usually a qualifying session the week before the event, then there is the event itself with the top qualifiers and some pro's. I dont know any exact numbers but I would guess around 20-30 people would be participating, and even more would show up at the qualifying. Kick azz events!
      Thanks for the info, one last thing, whats the website for his events?

Comment

www.driftsession.com

Comment

Originally posted by YATES
          Who would have guessed Ohio would be a drift hot spot!!! I am from the Albany area of NY, I come to Ohio often to film with the StarBoyz, they are only about 6 hours from here. I might come out sooner than end of summer if I can hit the ohio drifters in a week, I just can't be away too long until after our event---so much planning, so little time! Thanks again for all the posts
          lol ohio isnt really 'the drift spot' we just have a couple of buds from ohio all in this thread.. lol..

They are good guys though, go to ohio, but honestly if you want to see awesome drifters go to Hawaii. Those guys are probably some of the best in America.

Comment

My whole goal with this film is to show what American drifters have to offer, so hopefully I will be able to get everyone that wants to take part....and show the different styles, cars, and locations----thanks again for your posts!

Comment

Originally posted by nissanguy_24
              lol ohio isnt really 'the drift spot' we just have a couple of buds from ohio all in this thread.. lol..

They are good guys though, go to ohio, but honestly if you want to see awesome drifters go to Hawaii. Those guys are probably some of the best in America.
              thanks for clearing that up smc you beat me to it, i was gonna ado that first thing this morning...

Basically all of us ohio people hang out and have a good time with it... but i hope that you don't expect drifters to be anything like the starboyz it's a totally different game. Yes drifting is a great sport but it's not the in your face mountian dew commercial spikey haired old people hating style that say the starboyz are.

Anyway Drifting is one of the most exciting motorsports by itself, without needing that image the ammount of control that drifters demonstrate in corners is staggering, i hope you make it out to ohio, we'll show you a good time.

Comment

Originally posted by HX-50
                thanks for clearing that up smc you beat me to it, i was gonna ado that first thing this morning...

Basically all of us ohio people hang out and have a good time with it... but i hope that you don't expect drifters to be anything like the starboyz it's a totally different game. Yes drifting is a great sport but it's not the in your face mountian dew commercial spikey haired old people hating style that say the starboyz are.

Anyway Drifting is one of the most exciting motorsports by itself, without needing that image the ammount of control that drifters demonstrate in corners is staggering, i hope you make it out to ohio, we'll show you a good time.
                I agree entirely, the "FTP" attitude doesn't do anything but bring negativaty to a sport. This negative attitude of streetbike stunting makes is very difficult to sell videos in mainstream stores and attract any sponsors. I am hoping to get invoved while the sport is young and have a product that can be enjoyed by all.

Comment

Centeral PA, Myself.
                  Ever Been there?

One more thing, Is there any job opening for owe...say..... A camara man, at you compony?

I would love to tour the country video taping exciting and new things. Stunt bike,drifting or other wise.
                  Last edited by DoriFuta-; 05-16-2004, 11:47 AM.

Comment

FF DRFT

Originally posted by RallyGT
                    lately ive been doing it on dry ground...it kills the tires but oh well, i have a job. ill try and get a video up, i need to find someone with a digital video camera.
                    Well that is all I ever drift on, call me ignorant but i think it's kind of cheap if you drift on gravel or dirt (i ain't saying it isn't fun though).

I got a Video camara and i plan to have some footage on my site but i have been to busy to post it, plus my homeboy's car isn't really up to par rite now, not to mention that i need some1 to tape it all.

Comment

Re: FF DRFT

Originally posted by DoriFuta-
                      Well that is all I ever drift on, call me ignorant but i think it's kind of cheap if you drift on gravel or dirt (i ain't saying it isn't fun though).
                      yeah i only drift on pavement... i might be going a little to fast to be drifting on dirt or gravel... im in the 35-40 mph range

Comment

Originally posted by DoriFuta-
                        Centeral PA, Myself.
                        Ever Been there?

One more thing, Is there any job opening for owe...say..... A camara man, at you compony?

I would love to tour the country video taping exciting and new things. Stunt bike,drifting or other wise.
                        I have filmed at Paragon Adventure park before, its an off highway place where they have 4x4 rock crawling events. Thats only about 4 hours from here.

I would love to hire you, but, as it stands I am a one man show right now. I try and keep it small, sometimes I do need an extra camera guy though, buts it hard to find people that can take off for a week or more from their day to day job. My wife hates working with me becuase I am so picky about what shots I expect--so long story short, most times it me and whatever in/on car cameras I can run all at once!

Comment

Originally posted by RallyGT
                          im the best FF drifter you will find....

Originally posted by chrisfromda909
                          dont be so sure buddy...

O.K. I've got it then .... when Yates gets to filming and what not, the 3 of us have ourselves a little battle for the King of the FF Drifters title on his video.

Comment

Originally posted by mike d
                            [/i]O.K. I've got it then .... when Yates gets to filming and what not, the 3 of us have ourselves a little battle for the King of the FF Drifters title on his video.
                            hahaha sounds great.

Comment

Hit up socal, youll find the most drifters around this area. Plus lots of crazy street bike riders.

Comment

alright, im cool with that. what do all you FF drifters drive...? please dont say civic

Comment

Working...
                                X