No announcement yet.

Truck Drifting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The biggest problem I see with drifting a truck is like what Crazy said. There aren't much companies that concentrate on handling of a truck and more with the drop level. Also that the weight distribution of a truck (an actually pick up) isn't all that great. Though there are some things that I can see that you could do. First put a fiberglass hood on it. Not only are you lowering the weight of the truck but your also improving distibution. Second move the battery to the truck bed. This makes a huge difference in how the vehicle reacts. It would probably be even more noticable in a truck. Pretty much try to get rid of a lot of weight in the front of the car. So that the car is more well balanced and equal.

As for suspension though...airbags can actually be good for drifting. Considering if they all have individual valves and what not then its like having no suspension what so ever O_o making it stupid stiff. Then you could throw some sway bars to get rid of the body roll over. Pretty much it can be done if your willing to experiment and tune.

Comment

if you've got a couple grand lying around you can convert the truck to RR. I've seen it done before with a diesel, but it was just to look cool and be cool, not for drifting.

Comment

And while we are on the topic of truck, the myth about having the tailgate down for better aerodynamics is false. With it up, the flow patterns are much smoother in fact.

Comment

Working...
        X