ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question:How many work on their own car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just finished swapping a new engine 9found a block with 32k confirmed) that I built into my sc. This has to be the sickest NA v8 Lexus done here in the states....I think :P

I did most of it myself, cept for the custom machine work and stuff that I cant lift.

Comment

Originally posted by DriftGirl
      I just finished swapping a new engine 9found a block with 32k confirmed) that I built into my sc. This has to be the sickest NA v8 Lexus done here in the states....I think :P

I did most of it myself, cept for the custom machine work and stuff that I cant lift.
      Sounds cool.. you should post some more information on it in another thread.. I know your not around much these days, but i think it would be cool to have some more discussions of different cars besides the usual, well discussion with people who actually drive them.

Comment

Naw, I get criticized for posting now-a-dayz.

Doing your own work: Theres no better feeling in the world then to turn a key and hear the engine roar to life after you've done the work yourself.

Those who havent: start small..you'll be surprised how fast you'll pick up stuff and move on to bigger projects

Comment

Originally posted by s0nny80y
          so, anyone get into drifting w/o knowing jack about cars and just learn from yourself as long as you work on your car?

Right here, I'm still learning...
          but i'll tell u what, if you would've told me a year ago i'd be removing the trans and replacing the clutch and bearings, and doing all the low level stuff easily, or that i'd be able to knee-steer down city streets while eating a Jr. Cheeseburger Deluxe and shifting a manual at the same time i would've laughed.

I hated the fact that i didn't know what something was, how it broke or how to fix it. Its hard to trust people to fix ur car these days, thats the problem. Those big corporations are too high priced anyway. plus in ohio its mostly a domestics market and its hard to find a reliable and honest mechanic who wont try to rape you.

Comment

at the rate I blow parts out of my cars, If I couldn't fix them I'd be walking all the time instead of half of it

Comment

I do all the work on my cars, including tire mounting, oil changes, etc etc. Ive also worked on many friends cars, doing suspension installs, turbo installs, BHG replacemnets, engine swaps.....

There are many reasons i like working on my car. I know the quality of work done, i know i can do a more complete job. I can also dial in my own settings. And the biggest reason is, i love to learn.

Comment

oh yea, install costs are outrageous. If any of you ever need work done, let me know. I dont charge anything but a case of beer and bandaids.

Comment

Working...
                X