Drift Envy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL!!!

Drifting UNDERGROUND, don't make me laugh, hahahahaha!!! Drifting hasn't been underground since like forever, how do you think it made it's way to the USA from a country that's so far away?
    Last edited by vigvoodoo; 06-12-2004, 06:33 PM.

Comment

REALLLLLLY..... well let me ask... when's the last time you saw drifting on tv commercial, or music video or even referenced in a blockbuster movie?

Just because we've known about it for a few years and the japanese for a few more, doesnt mean its mainsteam. I would say drifting went mainstream in america in early/mid-winter when just about every car magazine I could find at the stores suddenly had drifting shots on the cover. Everything short of Hot Rod and Lowrider. And saying its mainstream now is still a stretch.

This drifting.com board (one of the icon drifting boards in the state i would say) isnt even as busy as the cougar(no new edge guys included, just the older rwd's) board I post on, and only a fraction of a board like tccoa.com for thunderbirds...

Underground doenst mean some tiny elitest group. Nothing cool can really stay like that anymore due to the internet, information spreads too fast and in a capitalist society, everyone is gonna try their best to make a profit off it asap.

Comment

Are car magazines really considered main stream? common now.. maybe 10 percent of the population has ever even heard of drifting *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* what percentage of the popular knows what a compression ratio is? and what percent of those people pick up car mags regularly? And what percent of them actually know anything about drifting aside from "the crazy japs power slide and burn out and call it a sport"

Comment

good points. I just clearly remember going to media play once and in the corner section where all the car mags were. 75% of them had something about drifting on the corner... I was rather shocked.

Comment

Originally posted by P1STON2ROTARY
            IM having trouble understanding the point of this thread, whats it for? Nascar or fast and the furious awareness? Well anyway its great everyone has oppinions on things, but does post after post after post about complaints benefit anything? (im just curious honestly) Anyone have anything positive to share? other then spending time pondering subjects that are meaningless to your driving? So irrelivantly to the topic, Yesterday my clutch crapped out on me, therefore i cant drive my over built? or over hyped so cal rx7 daily driver, until i replace it tomorrow. Im replacing it with an act 6puck and just the heavy duty pressure plate, thats my traffic monster. Its great yay. What does this have to do with the topic? nothing but i deam multiple threads with similiar content uninteresting and worthless. So i just wanted to add my worthless tidbit too ^_^ Hey guys have anything fun to talk about? What do you like to do? How are your cars? What do you drive?!? Anyone like to have fun drifting? or does everyone just love to analyze all the negativity they come across instead of doing something positive or interesting? Does this thread make you do anything better? Its great to identify with things you dont like, but if u cant do anything about such problems, then is there any point in talking about them at all? well anyway Have fun!
            I agree. All the complaining threads have kind of died out and we, or atleast I and some others I am sure, are getting tired of hearing this crap. If I can build a drift car when I make 5.50 dollars per hour and don't even get 30 hours a week I am sure you can build one too and keep it running. So why don't you save the money you spend on getting drunk or use the time you would get drunk to fabricate and/or build a drift car and perfect your technique. I am getting sick and tired of people saying there is no place to drift. Get off your lazy butt and find a parking lot or a some streets where you there isn't a big risk of getting caught and go slide.

Comment

umm... that IS what we do here. But drifting doesnt rule our lives, there is always something else to take care of. There are streets we wont get caught on. We've used an abused them... to the point where its dangerous from all the loose ashphault from tearing up edges of the road make it dangerous to drive and the only roads around here that are safe and have a reasonable curve... have nearby houses that like to call the police when they hear screaching tires and that much exhaust, so all we can do is occational pass or 2 then get the heck outta there. Parking lots... umm I've already seen the cops one to many times to having chasing me outta parking lots and giving me tickets all the time. Cops out here think they're super hero's and the area isnt so populated that they forget your car. I bet pulling in between $100-150 a week isnt bad for taking care of a project car if you get to use it all. But some of us have car payments, car/health insurance, rent, food, and other to pay for all the time. Not everyone can afford to tear up tires and bushings on a regular basis. Hell, even if I were getting free tires, the mounting costs alone would tear some mean holes in my pockets if I were drifting as much as you act like you do.

Fortunately I'm getting pretty good at something I call a silent slide. I keep an unbalanced air pressure in my tires and it lets me kick the car sideways for a limited distance then hook and take off without making much sound or wearing the tires or suspension. By doing that I cant have some good fun without attracting too much attention or draining my wallet. My car isnt prepped to take the abuse on a regular basis yet. And the path to getting it ready isnt a cheap one. No $1000 into a suspension is gonna make it ready for the abuse of drifting. And if you wanna tearup a half built car... have fun, but dont go running your mouth that you can build a drift ready car on minimal wage. No one wants to hear that cause its not true. Good car prep takes $. Drifting is a lot less expensive than some things... like drag or show cars... but anyone that knows anything about cars knows it takes $ to do it right.

Ya know... some people just like to complain a bit, it lets out frustration and thats generally a healthy thing. If you dont like it, ignore it. I really hope you become a pro and I get to read an article with your safety tip being "keep it off the streets" just so I can laugh at you for having nothing better to say.

Comment

Originally posted by prodigy
                I agree. All the complaining threads have kind of died out and we, or atleast I and some others I am sure, are getting tired of hearing this crap. If I can build a drift car when I make 5.50 dollars per hour and don't even get 30 hours a week I am sure you can build one too and keep it running. So why don't you save the money you spend on getting drunk or use the time you would get drunk to fabricate and/or build a drift car and perfect your technique. I am getting sick and tired of people saying there is no place to drift. Get off your lazy butt and find a parking lot or a some streets where you there isn't a big risk of getting caught and go slide.

so ur a sponsored drifter of pressure motorsports huh? got any links to ur vids??

"Pressure motorsports:
                Pressure Motorsports is a new shop in the Orlando area, and has just opened its doors to the public. Here you will find that we specialize in selling Silvia Conversions, and selling drifting performance products. Pressure Motorsports sells products from over 165 aftermarket companies, like HKS, Vertex, Apexi, TEIN, JIC Majic, and more! We are also able to get Japanese front clips, engines, and hard to find Japan Market Only products, such as SR20DET's, RB25DET's, silvia body panels, and much much more. If you have anything that you would like to know, you can e-mail us at info@pressuremotorsports.com."

now is that Orlando Florida or is there an Orlando Michigan that i dont know about?? I seriously hope ur not posing as a drifter cause that would be sadly hilarious, and all this about building a drift car on $5.50 an hour? to afford the parts you would brake and have to replace just to learn how to drift, you would have to work 12 hours a day every day, not leaving you much time to practice your "skills", and find sponsors. unless you have some rich family member feeding you money. "Hey baby, is ur 240 broke again??? Here you go, have some free money." Instead of complaining about complaints, like AtroxR7 said "just ignore it" I could be wrong, but my guess is ur not even old enough to drink, and that means your probably not a sponsored drifter either. If u are sponsored why would ur 240 be broke?? Hell if i was sponsored i would brake my car everyday just to fix it back up with something better. Maybe lately on this forum i've been complaining but atleast i'm real, I wont act like i'm better than anyone or try to judge them. Just stating an opinion. This forum is plagued with posers and keyboard drifters, so if u truly have a drift car and sponsorship I'd like to see some proof.

-B

p.s.

I'm done with this thread, I really hate attacking and arguing other fellow car enthusiests on these forums, it is not my intention. Why dont we all stop this crybaby-keyboard-drifter crap and instead either bring something intelligent and honest to the table or bring nothing at all.
                Last edited by OH240SE; 06-14-2004, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by '97 S14 SE Turb
                  I love how many folks talk about the good old underground days, even though they have been in to drifting for a year or two.

Think about those that have been going to track events back in the mid '90s.
                  you are the man for this post. seriously.

this past weekend was a crazy at the local drift session at the track. someone was raggin on a sticker i have on my passenger side. it says "doridori". but it was put on just for fun. so i decided to line up behind him for a tandem run. he spun out first turn. next he tried to line up behind me. after 2nd turn he couldnt keep up. then later on that day i had to change up some tires and he was pitting next to me. and he kept staring at me. so i asked him how long he's been drifting. he says just for a year. and i've been drifting for about 4 years now. but he did need help on his entry's for the first drift. so i gave him a ride of course. i told him the story behind my sticker and dropped him back to his car. i never understood why people think theyre better than someone else.

sorry for the semi-long post. it was just something that's irratated me this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by OH240SE
                    so ur a sponsored drifter of pressure motorsports huh? got any links to ur vids??

"Pressure motorsports:
                    Pressure Motorsports is a new shop in the Orlando area, and has just opened its doors to the public. Here you will find that we specialize in selling Silvia Conversions, and selling drifting performance products. Pressure Motorsports sells products from over 165 aftermarket companies, like HKS, Vertex, Apexi, TEIN, JIC Majic, and more! We are also able to get Japanese front clips, engines, and hard to find Japan Market Only products, such as SR20DET's, RB25DET's, silvia body panels, and much much more. If you have anything that you would like to know, you can e-mail us at info@pressuremotorsports.com."

now is that Orlando Florida or is there an Orlando Michigan that i dont know about?? I seriously hope ur not posing as a drifter cause that would be sadly hilarious, and all this about building a drift car on $5.50 an hour? to afford the parts you would brake and have to replace just to learn how to drift, you would have to work 12 hours a day every day, not leaving you much time to practice your "skills", and find sponsors. unless you have some rich family member feeding you money. "Hey baby, is ur 240 broke again??? Here you go, have some free money." Instead of complaining about complaints, like AtroxR7 said "just ignore it" I could be wrong, but my guess is ur not even old enough to drink, and that means your probably not a sponsored drifter either. If u are sponsored why would ur 240 be broke?? Hell if i was sponsored i would brake my car everyday just to fix it back up with something better. Maybe lately on this forum i've been complaining but atleast i'm real, I wont act like i'm better than anyone or try to judge them. Just stating an opinion. This forum is plagued with posers and keyboard drifters, so if u truly have a drift car and sponsorship I'd like to see some proof.

-B

p.s.

I'm done with this thread, I really hate attacking and arguing other fellow car enthusiests on these forums, it is not my intention. Why dont we all stop this crybaby-keyboard-drifter crap and instead either bring something intelligent and honest to the table or bring nothing at all.
                    Actually I am just buddy buddy with Jacob and he gives me discounts. So I call it a sponsorship because if it wasn't for my car I wouldn't know him. My car isn't finished and yes I have already have over $1000 dollars worth of suspension mods just in coilovers (still need a few more parts to finish it off to my liking). I also get free used tires and discounts on new tires, oh yeah I get free mounting also. Hell, I am even getting a hook up on my engine and tranny swap/conversion. It may even be free and that will probably lead to another "hook up/ slash sponsorship". Hook up on custom bent exhaust, oh and mufflers. Hey I used to have hook ups on all APC and Ractive parts not to mention other products. I have been trained in automotive collision repair by an ASE Master Technician for a school year so I can paint and do all that fun stuff on my own. I guess I am just one lucky guy. My point was if you want it bad enough it isn't impossible. You also don't need any mods to drift, but to keep drifting you need to know how to maintain your car.

I am sad that you haven't been on here long enough to recognize me because I am a true drifter, I can't believe you went that low even, and I have posted my wrecked up FF cars. I got bored with FF so I started building-up my 240sx. Maybe I should post the build-up up sometime. Oh, by the way it is Orlando, FL and I don't know why you were confused with that, it is a little extra to ship stuff but I can't get the parts he offers around here. Wow, I just finished your reading your post and why would I want to even waste my money on alcohol. Well I have been on here since nearly the beginning and the whining died down for a while but then this happened so I decided to post. I don't even work 30 hrs a week and that is why my car is not done and I don't have a CA18DET. It sucks you guys have to pay other bills but if you aren't in school you should have a full time job so that should cover it. You got me heated my man and that hasn't occured in a long time. Great job judging someone you don't know because you got it all wrong.

You got me so heated that I probably forgot to use correct sentence structure.

Comment

Why don't you tell me your story now guy because I would really like to here it.

Comment

Please do not argue on this forum.

Comment

OH240SE's car for reference:
                          Attached Files

Comment

hmm, what point are you trying to make with a picture of my car?

That's not OH240SE's car...

Comment

There you go again. Started assuming things without backing it up with facts.

Not flaming, just saying.

Originally posted by OH240SE

"Pressure motorsports:

-B

p.s.

Comment

aaggghh f-ed up again sry (slaps himself over head with keyboard) you both got numbers and letters in your name, and being that english is not my primary language, confused me. sry for the mess up

FOR THE RECORD:

THAT IS NOT I REPEAT NOT OH240SE'S CAR. IT IS NOT HIS CAR. NOT HIS CAR.. NOT...

Comment

Working...
                                X