No announcement yet.

Is IRWINDALE the Most Dangerous Track?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

did you guys even notice that they started off at the top of 4th gear? thats pretty fast :P

besides the 3rd turn wasnt exactly big. especially if youre flying in at over 100mph.

also about NOB gettin blocked, thats how it is when youre chasing. NOB didnt look like he wanted to brake to give up momentum so he went for it and tried to squeeze in a different line. and he paid for it.

besides, ueo is my favorite drifter. hehe. his drifts are text book man. a 200hp ae86 taking out 400+hp cars.

Comment

irwindale's d1 course was one of the more difficult ones, for sure... mostly because there was the corner in front of the judging table that the drivers were purposely trying to get really close to.

it is one thing to have walls and barriers to drift around at high speeds... and it is another to actually drift as close as you can to them.

also, long sweeping turns might make you think that it's easier - but the faster you go, the smaller your room for error becomes. imagine trying to drift a car through a 20 foot space in 1st gear 5-10mph... easy, right? then try to imagine drifting through that same space while initiating hundreds of feet away at 90mph. it's not the same.

Comment

well said, that should explain alot

Comment

Seriously how many of you have ever even seen any D1 action that was not at Irwindale. You ppl are killing me with these nonsense threads.

Comment

i have

Comment

Thats good then

Comment

oh yeah I agree this thread is stupid

Comment

The other question is:

How many have driven there for competition?

I have, and those walls look damn scary...

Comment

Originally posted by '97 S14 SE Turb
                    The other question is:

How many have driven there for competition?

I have, and those walls look damn scary...
                    yes they are scary... and they are even scarier when you are headed towards them sideways in 3rd gear in your friend's fancy pretty pink car. but... not like i would know

Comment

Seeing the walls made me realize how much emotional attachment I still have for my car.

So, the solution, I'm working on getting a track only car.

Comment

why do you people act so damn superior?

this thread was a simple question.

"is irwindale the most dangerous track" (in regards to sanctioned drift events)

there's no reason to take an attitude against me or any of the people. i'm just asking a question based on things I've observed.

ebisu in the rain is obviously a dangerous course, because it's raining. lots of the japan courses have some run off, and those big foam pads.

and, while at ebisu less than 50% of the entrants completed the prelims without crashing in some way, many of the crashes werent that severe. lots of slide out, a few missing bumpers, a couple real good slams though.

the only sanctioned events i've seen in real life was that of the $10000 drift battle at leguna seca.

but, there are tons and tons of videos with all the japanese rounds and american rounds on them. see, by recording the event on a video, it lessens the need for someone to actually view the event in real time.

Comment

clay payton,

Your question was interesting and a few members were wrong to respond with attitude.

Originally posted by clay payton
                          why do you people act so damn superior?

this thread was a simple question.

"is irwindale the most dangerous track" (in regards to sanctioned drift events)

there's no reason to take an attitude against me or any of the people. i'm just asking a question based on things I've observed.

ebisu in the rain is obviously a dangerous course, because it's raining. lots of the japan courses have some run off, and those big foam pads.

and, while at ebisu less than 50% of the entrants completed the prelims without crashing in some way, many of the crashes werent that severe. lots of slide out, a few missing bumpers, a couple real good slams though.

the only sanctioned events i've seen in real life was that of the $10000 drift battle at leguna seca.

but, there are tons and tons of videos with all the japanese rounds and american rounds on them. see, by recording the event on a video, it lessens the need for someone to actually view the event in real time.

Comment

benson ur the best ^_^

Comment

look Im sorry if I offended anybody, but this is the only real place in america where D1 competition level drifting has taken place in america, so to say its the most dangerous place is kind of odd. mainly because most the guys on this board havent seen these guys on the other tracks. Ebisu in the rain is a killer, and yet a full field of pros still go through that course in the rain. crashing is part of the game and it is what creates the better drivers, I personnaly do see it as being dangerous, but more of a challenge, and yes i know its scary heading into those corners but with skill and improvment over time some people might not think so anymore. On any track once your off the track chances of damaging your car, or getting hurt radically go up, and yes with less run off it multiples itself again, but that goes with understanding where your at, your skill level the course, and your given situation. unless mechanical failure, well then hold on to something! And that wasnt being said. Again I apologize for stepping on toes if I did.

Comment

oh yea does anybody have anymore pics from Formula D Houston?

Comment

Working...
                                X