Is IRWINDALE the Most Dangerous Track?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BensonHsu
    irwindale's d1 course was one of the more difficult ones, for sure... mostly because there was the corner in front of the judging table that the drivers were purposely trying to get really close to.

it is one thing to have walls and barriers to drift around at high speeds... and it is another to actually drift as close as you can to them.

also, long sweeping turns might make you think that it's easier - but the faster you go, the smaller your room for error becomes. imagine trying to drift a car through a 20 foot space in 1st gear 5-10mph... easy, right? then try to imagine drifting through that same space while initiating hundreds of feet away at 90mph. it's not the same.
    exactly what im saying. i think the first swing of the course was pretty damn big. even on a bank.

note: i still want to visit cali and catch ueo and ride with him. one of my wish's

Comment

yo slide, when i say a course is dangerous, i mean it in the best of ways. harder courses push driver skill to new levels. I do agree with you for the most part on your view of other tracks.

Comment

I dont think it's that Irndale is a hard track, I mean come on, its comprised mostly of cones. How pathetic do you have to be to dodge unmoving cones ??? Just watch out for the walls. Jeez, I think the "drifter" skill is to blame here...

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby_Strice
          I dont think it's that Irndale is a hard track, I mean come on, its comprised mostly of cones. How pathetic do you have to be to dodge unmoving cones ??? Just watch out for the walls. Jeez, I think the "drifter" skill is to blame here...
          you definately haven't seen the track then.
          They say picture is worth a thousand words, but actually being there is priceless.

Also, what's the fastest drift you've done.

Comment

Working...
          X