Drifter's Dream Town

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drifter's Dream Town

Just curious, since I live in Georgia, I don't see very many mountians... so down hill drifting isn't available in my area... so i was curious... wheres the best place in the US to drift?

everywhere!!! just be carefull for the other people safety and of course yours!!

Comment

I got a nice short road by me thats pretty hilly with lots of turns....I'm in ballground (really small city right by canton). The road is right between them.

Comment

what you need to do my friend, is just get into your car at night and take a leisurely cruise through areas around you that youve never been, i find new roads every day...including one with an awesome sign i think you all should see....

Comment

You thing Georgia is flat? Come down here to Florida.

What are these things you call "mountains"???

haha

Comment

Originally posted by One Drift
            You thing Georgia is flat? Come down here to Florida.

What are these things you call "mountains"???

haha
            Houston is pretty flat too...

Matt.

Comment

Kern county is pretty good, Everything from back roads, to hilly mini touges to full blown moutains. Some roads being 30 straight miles of twisties, Also lots of shall we say private tracks and skidpads? as well as lots of flat high speed type stuff. Best of all no one knows what drifting is, especialy police. So they wont, shall we say harrass you on your way to the track? also we have Buttonwillow international race way, plus drag strips and a few oval tracks. So lots of fun to be had. And its not far from los angeles so all the big drift events are with in a short 2 hour drive.

Not the best im sure, but its not bad either.

Comment

HA HA! I live in CA and theres hills and mountains everywhere you look, come check it out sometime.

Comment

Shoot california has pot holes the size of canyons.

Comment

Originally posted by emission
                    Shoot california has pot holes the size of canyons.
                    lol... rofl

I'm going out to Cali some time mid July, I can't wait. Last time I was on that side of the continent I went to the Grand Canyon. That place was awesome. I wish I could have camped there for a couple days, but I had a plane to catch so I was only there for a couple hours. I've been thinking about moving out there... (CA not the GC) but not sure where exactly... I have family in a city call Irvine (thats where im going on vacation), if anyone has heard fo it... I've never been out there, so if anyone has, can you describe it for me!?

Comment

You live in GA and you don't know of any mountains?. St Mary's is about 3-4 hours south of Atlanta if I remember correctly. Hop on 16, cut across the state then come up 75. Take 75 to 85N to 441 and you'll run straight into the mountains. It's gonna be a haul for you but a weekend trip wouldn't be that bad.

Besides, who needs downhill Drifting? Start on the flats. Open ground is what you need. The mountains are too dangerous for that unless you know the road and exactly what you are doing. If not, then you are a nice greasy spot on some truckers grill or a fixture on the mountainside. Get a gaggle of orange cones and go that route. It's much safer and alot easier on your car.

Comment

I live in Los Angeles, and it's a drifters dream. A 45 minute drive from dowtown could put you in the most trecherous canyon or like the smooth turns of...well not sunset, but, places around there. It's great. Hot women that respect japanese tuneing also.

Comment

decker canyon in santa monica
                          highway 9 in santa cruz

those are my recommendations

Comment

holy crap dude you should see whats just behind my neighborhood, a lot the roads here date back to the civil war, they were probly indian hunting trails, and most likly animal hunting trails befor that, so the twist and turns are crazy, also the moutains are 3 hours away, but there are hills a bout a mile down the road that get up to 40 degrese on 2 lane roads its sick

Comment

i live in a place called the "valley" here in LA. this refers to the san fernando valley. drifters couldnt ask for more. half an hour from irwindale, an hour from cali speedway (driftdays), and since i live in the corner of the valley, about 2 minutes walk to windy mountain roads. its literally around the corner from me, and i love it! but yeah, from anywhere else in the valley its probably about 20 minutes at most to get to a mountain.

Comment

Working...
                              X