No announcement yet.

S2000 for Drifting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transmissions are fine...its their Diff's that arnt so strong . . . i dont know why you guys are complaining about torque...look how many rollas there are drifting hard . . . have you ever driven an S2000 in Vtec and Stayed in Vtec . . . theres enough power . . . its all about power band . . . you dont drift sr20det powered cars at 1500rpm as you wouldnt try to drift an S2000 under 5-6000rpm...if 90whp and suspension is good enough for a rolla..i'm sure 200whp in an S2000 with nice suspension should be fine.....

Comment

Originally posted by Tuner
      Yea because for a good launch, you need to drop it at 7K lol
      what the *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* does this have to do with the subject of transmissions?

and you obviously dont drive cause dropping an s2k at 7k will just burn out like crazy.

and as for honda's have weak tranny's. you guys are insane. i've seen honda's handle 700hp on stock trannys. and the one's i've read about handle even more on a stock tranny.

stop trying to spread disinfo.

s2k's can drift fine. you just gotta be good enough to handle one.

the 3 posts above mine are the one's you guys should pay attention

Comment

Really? Have you driven an S2000 let alone launched one? They're dogs below v-tec. Anything under 6500 and the car bogs. So, launching at 7K is hard on the whole drivetrain...

And did you read my earlier post?

"The S2K's are cool, but low on torque. You hard to work to have nice drifts unlike a 240.

I'm in the same boat, I drift a Miata. I love it, it snaps so hard, much more fun than a big car like a 240, but she's low on torque. "

They'll drift, you just have to keep the revs higher

Comment

really s2000s are good for just about everything including drifting but i wouldnt buy a car that cost that much i mean 18,000 is not all that much compared to some but if u havnt drove much less drifted an s2000 i wouldnt do it. But thats my personal opinion if you have the money to afford the parts ur gonna need to fix it after a few bad drifts from learning how to drift it go ahead cuz its a sweet car, but i wouldnt do it, but if u wanna stick with a honda...may i suggest a 1995 or 1996 civic, they are cheap and decent drifters!
          Attached Files

Comment

civics are almost the opposite compared to a S2000. ff and the s2000 is of course fr. but yeah honda has nothing below the vtec area but it is still a large area. the thing about honda is they can handle abuse like just holding it at 8,000 for no reason. i know a guy who has one and he says when it rains it goes sideways so easily. it is a two seater too so that is a plus.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuner
              Really? Have you driven an S2000 let alone launched one? They're dogs below v-tec. Anything under 6500 and the car bogs. So, launching at 7K is hard on the whole drivetrain...

And did you read my earlier post?

"The S2K's are cool, but low on torque. You hard to work to have nice drifts unlike a 240.

I'm in the same boat, I drift a Miata. I love it, it snaps so hard, much more fun than a big car like a 240, but she's low on torque. "

They'll drift, you just have to keep the revs higher
              yeah i did read it. and did you read the other people's replies? or should i just repeat everyone's posts and then add on?

bogging below 6500? thats retarded.

even on a 240, do you drop the rev's down to around 3.5k while drifting? nope.

Comment

Originally posted by DRIFTER-M
                really s2000s are good for just about everything including drifting but i wouldnt buy a car that cost that much i mean 18,000 is not all that much compared to some but if u havnt drove much less drifted an s2000 i wouldnt do it. But thats my personal opinion if you have the money to afford the parts ur gonna need to fix it after a few bad drifts from learning how to drift it go ahead cuz its a sweet car, but i wouldnt do it, but if u wanna stick with a honda...may i suggest a 1995 or 1996 civic, they are cheap and decent drifters!
                plz tell me that was a joke

Comment

Originally posted by Drifting_turtle
                  plz tell me that was a joke
                  lol, yea hey Marshun, can both agree that that post about the civic is crazy

Comment

thanks for all the posts
                    i planned to do mostly if not all spoon parts with the exception of the amuse titanium exaust.
                    I have also heard that its very difficult to gain horse power on them because honda made them so good from the factory.
                    I figured will all spoon parts and keeping it naturally aspirated and the spoon ecu allows for 6000 rpm v tec crossover and parts evenly distrubute torque and power.
                    i was wondering if the 240 hp was at the wheels or on the ground?
                    plus the tranny would be changed to a spoon cross gear set and a cusco rear diff
                    thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Hachi-roku04
                      thanks for all the posts
                      i planned to do mostly if not all spoon parts with the exception of the amuse titanium exaust.
                      I have also heard that its very difficult to gain horse power on them because honda made them so good from the factory.
                      I figured will all spoon parts and keeping it naturally aspirated and the spoon ecu allows for 6000 rpm v tec crossover and parts evenly distrubute torque and power.
                      i was wondering if the 240 hp was at the wheels or on the ground?
                      plus the tranny would be changed to a spoon cross gear set and a cusco rear diff
                      thanks
                      wheels and ground is the same.It makes 240hp at the crank.

Comment

ground = wheels
                        so it actually makes like 210 at he wheels correct because i heard trannys take out like 15% or sumthing like that

Comment

varies from car to car and drivetrain to drivetrain.FF's are something like 10,15 for RWD,and 30 for AWD,give a take a few numbers.So it would make somewhere in the range of 207-220 probably.

Comment

you might want to look into lightened flywheels to get a few HP and you can rev your engine faster so you could probably get it into the vtec power easily but it might be harder to keep it there. i think top gear test drove an S2000 a while ago. someone said the car was already going like 70 in second gear or something. you might only have to use first and second <:-) the way i see it is less work.

Comment

i figure i can get about 275 hp and 200 ft lb with all spoon parts
                              and yes that includes changing pistons,rods, cams, valve springs ect. ect

the other way i considered was the comptech supercharger but im more of a n/a type of person

Comment

i was suprised myself when i saw the specs in motor trend
                                they do 0-60 in 5.5 and 1/4 in 15.4 and top speed is 163
                                thats a mean car for stock
                                i hope to get a 13 second car at least

Comment

Working...
                                X