No announcement yet.

S2000 for Drifting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SO you'll have a 45K S2000 drifter? And why are you concerned about 1/4 time?

Comment

its not all for drift
      its gonna be a lot of stuff
      its not gonna be a serious drag car but i would like it to be able to waste anyone in a little stoplight jump.
      i will also be using it for track racing and autocross
      i dont mean to be "unpure" but i wanna get a little of everything
      so ill either get ohlins or some nice teins for susp so i can do it all

anyone have a rally s2k just kiddin

Comment

Wow, can you paypal some of that money to me? Cuz you 're droppin high-dollar names like loose change! LOL

No problem with having a all-around car. I use my Miata for Track events and autocross, along with drifting, no strip until the turbo goes in

Comment

Originally posted by Tuner
          Wow, can you paypal some of that money to me? Cuz you 're droppin high-dollar names like loose change! LOL
          Me too =\

Comment

well this is my first major purchase in my whole life
            my parents did the best thing for me and sat down and explained money to me when i was 8 so you could say that i had a 8 year head start on my summer cash.
            i have also never made a withdrawl from my account
            i have had a steady job with my moms business for 5 years and a summer job for the last 3... 2 jobs suck
            i have saved around 25k myself just for spending. i have more money from birthdays and x-mas

kids need to learn early and it makes stuff a lot easier

one big problem
            ill have a sweet car and ill be wearing a barrel cuz im broke

Comment

If you really have that much money, you might wanna think about it longer. S2Ks are cool, but there's alot else you can buy for the money.

Comment

The thing the S2000 does poorly is Stop light to stoplight, Unlike a 1/4th mile drag race where you can use all your gears Most stop light battles will be limited to first threw third, sometimes second is enough to end it. Unfortionately being in first gear from a stop puts the S2000 at the weakest part of its powerband for a large portion of the race.

That said the S2000 can be a very impressive all around performance car, but its not cheap, nor are spoon parts, and Honestly unless you have a good reason to stay with a naturally aspirated setup you should seriously consider a Supercharger or other form of forced induction. Remember performance is about Function before Form of Philosiphy. I dont know what kind of money you make, but i hope its good money to finance your S2000 project.

S2000 is an awesome car with awesome potential, but it doesnt come cheap.

Comment

not a good plat form to start on, no low end torque and expensive

Comment

why dont u ask big ol' alex P he drifts one occasionally

Comment

Originally posted by Brothaman240
                      not a good plat form to start on, no low end torque and expensive

The no low end torque is not a reason not to get one... only the money. Corollas have no low or high end torque.. and they are the #1 car for starters.. so i guess corolla is a bad car to start with ?

Comment

Originally posted by MrodDrft
                        The no low end torque is not a reason not to get one... only the money. Corollas have no low or high end torque.. and they are the #1 car for starters.. so i guess corolla is a bad car to start with ?
                        I guess so right, because they weigh the same, have the same layout/balance both dont get any power till 6700 rpm which is perfect for drifting right?
                        Last edited by Brothaman240; 06-23-2004, 03:01 AM.

Comment

dont drift a s2000 mann. it would be fun as hell but damn dude, im guessing youl use it as a daily driver to right? i wouldnt blow my money on a car so quick. id buy like a 300zx, there sick dude. Trust me, i have one. they grip like crazy and i bet if you had some coilovers and adjust them shits youl pull sick *Censored**Censored**Censored* drifts. They put down power very well and you will not be disapointed. good luck dude.... check www.raretrick.com for parts

Comment

i just like the whole style of the s2k and the way it is not just to be different
                            with the cross gear set it will probally cut the quarter time by a second so it will be great for accel

Comment

Do what you want, just don't take thing up to the canyons =P

Comment

id be a helluva touge machine what r u talkin about

Comment

Working...
                                X