Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that pic looks like a plymoth cougar just doesnt look right to be a silvia

Comment

Taken from Nissan itself: "A long wheelbase and wide stance provided a great starting place,” said Diane Allen, chief designer, Red Studio at Nissan Design America Inc. (NDA). “Our first thought was to recreate the sensation of an open-wheeled Formula 1 car – all wheels and an intimate center structure.”

However, there's also this: “We wanted the design to be an expression of agility – very three-dimensional and moving,” said Mamoru Aoki, product chief designer, Nissan Technical Center (NTC). “The Z is very fluid and relaxed, from the curve of the door cut to the freeness and movement of the glass. It looks fast, but not just in a straight line. It’s a simple yet exacting design, which gives the Z a polished feeling.”

I've looked around and believe that the 350Z was indeed designed at NDA.

Comment

Haha, I wish I lived in Japan or Australia. And I agree the whole futuristic car thing is getting out of hand. Mitsubishi seems to have taken the biggest step with that ugly Eclipse. The 350Z is a nicely made car as is the RX-8. IMO the S15 was the best looking Silvia, the whole cat eyes headlights made it so much better. I say if they release a S16 keep the front lights and change the rears, new SR with VVT, and keep it RWD. NO MORE FWD CARS, even Honda came out with a new RWD car(S2k) so keep up the good work with that. I should go play Gran Turismo 2 to remind me on what dying breed we are losing.

Comment

IMO the S15 could be sold as is in America and the general public would just see it as being a sleek new car, while all the enthusiasts will love it that Nissan is bringing the revered S15 here - Imagine how much cheaper blacktop swaps would be in a few years!

As I said in another post, the GTi-R or some recreation needs to come to the US!

I think there's no such thing as preaching to the choir or complaining and not being heard. Car makers have teams of people who try to figure out what the customers want and you can bet your coilovers that they know about drifting and may even check this forum.

-MR

Comment

i say they keep the s15 body and just redesign and update engine, tranny, and suspension. lexus is getting away with that with the altezza, why not nissan.

Comment

Originally posted by Thai Juku
              Can you prove this to me, because I'm having trouble on who desiged it. Just give me a website or something. And as for the rest of you who read my reply. I only mention the S15's looks and the 350z's looks which I think are great looking cars. And I think the S2000, MR-S, NSX, RX-8, G35, IS300, EVO 8, and the WRX STi GDB look and handle great as sportscars. Well, thats only my opinion...Well, maybe if you were working for one of the companies, you could influence them about looks and turbo injected engines, but I don't see anyone hear working for any of them. And complaining is useless without being heard to who your complaining to. So e-mail them or something...Don't waste your energy trying to flame me please, cuz I won't respon to any of it...But I will respon to more thoughtful replies...I hate arguing in a forum, so pointless.
              Best Motoring "Tuning in Tokyo" The Interview at the Top Secret booth with Mr. Nagata

Comment

i dont know if it would work. why dont someone start something like a petition. stating what the enthusiasts wants. and having a bunch of people signging it. if nissan wants to make cars that people would like. this could be a good way to get it. not only for nissan but it could be done with other companies such as toyota.

Comment

The NA engines in these cars are creating more hp than ever though. If you want it turbo just do it yourself, no one leaves the stock turbo on these cars anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Limited_Options
                    i dont know if it would work. why dont someone start something like a petition. stating what the enthusiasts wants. and having a bunch of people signging it. if nissan wants to make cars that people would like. this could be a good way to get it. not only for nissan but it could be done with other companies such as toyota.
                    Someone else always has to make the petition, and not just you...
                    And don't look at me...I'm fine with what they're making (the cars I listed).

Comment

i bet if it did sell in the states, it would be advertised as a sports/luxury coupe model thats a little bit more affordable than than the Z but with more punch than the SE-R.

Comment

Im trying to find more pics but thats the only one so far I can find...kinda funny...but as soon as I find another one is I do I will post it!see ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Thai Juku
                          Someone else always has to make the petition, and not just you...
                          And don't look at me...I'm fine with what they're making (the cars I listed).
                          The guys at the NASIOC (impreza club) hounded Subaru of America for years (myself included) and were not the least bit suprised when the WRX came out a couple years ago.

There was enough back and forth chatter between enthusiasts and the company that they (SOA) started sponsoring events and posting on the board frequently. When the Impreza was due for an update (from GC8 to 'new age'), they included the euroturbos w/ North America's alotment, and well, you know the rest.

Anyway, all that was to try and illustrate that ppl can make a difference some times..

However, with the 350Z being at a sub $30k pricepoint, and the Sentra 4-5 grand below that, where would a Silvia fit? I mean, Nissan just announced they're going forth with an SE-R version of the Altima.. I think NissanMotorsNorthAmerica would run into the same problem they ran into with the SR20DET when the 240sx was still being produced: how do you market two cars of similar prowess and potential at the same time, without killing sales of either vehicle?

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u
                            its not american cars i hate, its cars marketed for americans
                            *sigh*

Whats with those tree huggin' people at the DOT and EPA... I mean god equiped the earth with a way to regenerate the ozone... thankfully contries other than the US has seen this (or frankly dont give a damn) why cant we come to see this!?

Comment

Originally posted by VertigoEpidemic
                              *sigh*

Whats with those tree huggin' people at the DOT and EPA... I mean god equiped the earth with a way to regenerate the ozone... thankfully contries other than the US has seen this (or frankly dont give a damn) why cant we come to see this!?
                              The ozone regenerates? thats a new one... well i hope it regenerates faster then we can destroy it, because im really getting sick of getting skin cancer.

Comment

You DIDN'T know the earth regenerates!?
                                what do you think the earth was doing after it killed a the dinosaurs? replenishing resources
                                so once God and Mother Earth gets tierd of us they wipe us out and starts all over again
                                But what do they do before bringing back life to the planet? Replenish It's Resources
                                In other words use our dead bodies to make more gasoline so the next species can find it and discover Drifting all over again

Comment

Working...
                                X