No announcement yet.

Nissan Silvia S16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oxygen is a by product of plant and early bacteria. Theres several mechanisms that change carbon deoxide into oxygen in these organisms, however im not failar enough to explain any of them. But its similar to the way we breath in oxygen and breath out carbon dioxide.

Comment

Lots of science stuff, but there is a new type on fusion (or fission (is there a diffrence) ) technology that should be "tested" in the next 10 years, it can provide power with just $5 worth of energy, but the thing is already over budget by almost 3 billion dollars, that alot of money and tax dollars at work.

BUT the main point is, if nissan does bring back the S16 good for them, but it depends on who it will appeal, serious car nuts, or the "im 30 something with 2 kids" venue, 1 can only hope its the first 1, but than again the 200sx is an awsome family/ sports car, so is the stanza. Just dont think nissan wont make it perform because it will probaly contend with the civic in sales, and everything else.

Comment

YIKES!

Oh and if all this ozone stuff scares you, think about how bad it will get in the next couple of years. If humans dont think of another source of power (other than fossil fuels) than there could be some serious crap goin on in the next 40-50 years when the earths oil supply is depleted.

Comment

isn't that fusioin thing where they have like 100 lasers, amplify them a million times and send the shock all at the same time to a peice of trinium and barium (or something) which causes the atoms to fuse causing fusion?
          Suppose to cost like 5 bucks of energy to produce enough to power New York city.

I hope NIssan will bring back the silvia and sell it in america under that name (won't happen though because nissan will just use the engine size for the name, look at the 350Z it's still a fairlady Z in Japan) If they do bring it back and over here it probable will be an attempt to capture the I have a family but want a fun performance car. wouldn't surprise me if they came will 3+ engines to make it affordable and fun at the low end, really fun at the high end. I can;t see it in America though. Not enough people are car enthusist ( can;t spell sorry) to demand the use of a RWD. even so that;s where the 350 is suppose to be. If you look no car under at least 25K is RWD. With nissan intro of the Altima SER, the already popular Sentras and 350s there is no place for it. Today people just car about mileage, looks, and how the car feels ( is the interior the right color, where are the cup holders?, etc.), most of these don;t matter to a car nut ( except for looks). we just car if it's fun and (preferably) fast. The demand is not there but the the means are. I want a new Silvia because in a few years i can probably buy a brand new one and sell my Fox car.

sorry to ramble...

Comment

well, if the wanting for a RWD sports vehicle isnt there, they might make it a luxury vehicle on the inifinity line-up

Comment

i REALLY want to see nissan make a new generation of S13 240sx.

Comment

no comment on post above, but as for the "100 lasers" theory, yea it is. they shot 70 or 80 something lasers onto 1 concetrated point, that point has a helium molecule and it just gets mutliplied, or something like that, no im tortured thinkin about it.

Comment

poster above was correct in that where would nissan put an s16 in it's lineup.

one thing i can see happening is, nissan developing a light-wieght, low displacement roadster similar to the mazda miata/honda s2000. it's something they've never had in their line up, so i don't know if it actually intrests them to do so. but if they did, i don't see it conflicting with any of their other model sales.

Comment

well, they have the 350Z roadster...

plus, an open top would completely destroy the 50/50 weight distribution.

Comment

probably wreak havok on the chassis flex too, though i think i heard that many car companies have overcome this problem. ( some are stronger)

Comment

Would love a small V6 in a new silvia. I just wish i knew how much it was. If it was 25k or more i wouldn't bother unless i was making 30k+ a year.

Comment

yeah it wouldnt be the first time they had a v6 in them.. Maybe a VQ25? that would be cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Piner
                            yeah it wouldnt be the first time they had a v6 in them.. Maybe a VQ25? that would be cool.
                            I love that idea. A smaller VQ motor. Save time,money, and engineering

Comment

they already offer the vq25 in the v35 gen skyline in japan. 2.5 and 3.5 gt models.

Comment

found in august super street mag
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X