Nissan Silvia S16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nissan Silvia S16

I just read in a magazine that Nissan is planning to release a new Silvia in 2006. Super Street thinks that the S16 might sport an QR20DE inline-4 engine (used in Nissan's Euro Touring Cars) or the VQ23, a compact 2.3L V-6 powerplant. The engine specs are all speculation but relible sources say that the platform will start selling in limited numbers next year.

Hopefully it'll hit stateside.

Due to all the ghey emission laws...I bet its going to be NA like its 350z counterpart...I could be wrong(God I hope I'm wrong).

Comment

the old rumor was they would go the route of the Celica, high strung fwd...

If thats the case then its not a S16 at all. The S chassis is rear wheel drive end of story. If they want to pull another Mustang II then they can continue down that route. However i wont spend a dollar on THAT kind of Silvia.

How ever if they produce a under 20k rear drive car with handling to match the S15 and sell them in America, then i say long live the S16. Please get the name right this time in America nissan...
      Last edited by nissanguy_24; 07-01-2004, 02:05 PM.

Comment

heres a picture of what i found...this is what the s16 is gonna look like

Comment

that is fake. Trust me we would of seen pictures in magazines long before the 1 suposive advertisement floating around the internet. Besides nissan hasnt even designed the thing yet.

Comment

your probably right nissan guy I found it at google images... i just posted it for people to know. But as far as I know there is no evidence to back the picture up.

Comment

yeah, no one is sure about the drive train or anything actually. i hope that it doesnt turn into another celica. Well, i guess the S chassis has established itself as a rear wheel drive car and has sold alot because of it. if the silvia turns fwd, i bet you they wouldn't sell well.

Comment

I think the S15 looked great. It looked like it was ahead of it's time. I doubt Nissan Japan will give us a f'ed up design unlike an Nissan America...The 350z was a good step in bring out new designs, 'hope they continue it with the Silvia and the GT-R.

Comment

i hope not . thats ugly

Comment

The 350z is american designed

Comment

its not american cars i hate, its cars marketed for americans

Comment

IMO all new cars are ugly, they're all getting huge, they're all getting this either futureistic(S15) or retro(Fairlady Z) and they're all losing what makes them great cars, no more turbos, no more high horse power, no more sports cars.... Smog laws are killing sports cars and it sucks... I say nissan should remake the S13 that was the best of the S series bodys...

Comment

did anbybody notice that in the "S16" picture it says SR20VET?...what the heck does the V stand for?...variable timing or something?

Comment

Originally posted by MrodDrft
                            The 350z is american designed
                            Can you prove this to me, because I'm having trouble on who desiged it. Just give me a website or something. And as for the rest of you who read my reply. I only mention the S15's looks and the 350z's looks which I think are great looking cars. And I think the S2000, MR-S, NSX, RX-8, G35, IS300, EVO 8, and the WRX STi GDB look and handle great as sportscars. Well, thats only my opinion...Well, maybe if you were working for one of the companies, you could influence them about looks and turbo injected engines, but I don't see anyone hear working for any of them. And complaining is useless without being heard to who your complaining to. So e-mail them or something...Don't waste your energy trying to flame me please, cuz I won't respon to any of it...But I will respon to more thoughtful replies...I hate arguing in a forum, so pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by 98BlueStang'
                              did anbybody notice that in the "S16" picture it says SR20VET?...what the heck does the V stand for?...variable timing or something?
                              Yes, it does mean variable timing, and the SR20VET is a pretty new engine off the record...

Comment

Working...
                              X