No announcement yet.

Nissan Silvia S16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The early atmosphere on earth was filled with green house gasses like carbon dioxide, nitrogen ect. Over 2 billion years bacteria converted it to oxygen. So if we mess up our atmosphere bad enough, all we have to do is wait another 2 billion years

btw I too am really disaponted with the new cars. there seems to be no catagory of afordable sports car any more.

Comment

Originally posted by NismoSigma
      Lots of science stuff, but there is a new type on fusion (or fission (is there a diffrence) ) technology that should be "tested" in the next 10 years, it can provide power with just $5 worth of energy, but the thing is already over budget by almost 3 billion dollars, that alot of money and tax dollars at work.

BUT the main point is, if nissan does bring back the S16 good for them, but it depends on who it will appeal, serious car nuts, or the "im 30 something with 2 kids" venue, 1 can only hope its the first 1, but than again the 200sx is an awsome family/ sports car, so is the stanza. Just dont think nissan wont make it perform because it will probaly contend with the civic in sales, and everything else.
      RX-8 is a good example for both car nuts and family people

Comment

Yeah i hear ya. In a few years I will be buying a new car (literally) and there is no cheap fun cars that are RWD (most don't look good either).

Comment

S15 is the ultimate RWD car hands down IMO. I'd like to see Nissan to out due the S15.

Comment

with the enviornment problem thingy... what about that hydrogen rotary car mazda has? iono just a thought...

s16.. it sounds weird to say that! but it would be nice. imo the taillights of the s15 are ugly but the fronts are nice. not many new cars that catch my eye.. they just dont make cars like they used to... (too many comfort items = not very appealing to enthusists) what would be really cool is if they built older cars like the s13 just with more modern stuff but keep most of the basics (doubt thats ever gonna happen) or just produce new parts so we can keep our older cars running

just produce something cheap, light weight, decent power, and rwd

Comment

I want a lotus Elise. Might be pretty hard to drift but stock it can pull more than 1.0G on the skidpad only weighs 1995lbs 190hp toyota engine and fast as hell. I mean the car pulls 13's from the factory and its only $40K. I probly need to start saving right now.

Comment

hey yall

first and for most i just wanna say how impressed i am with you guys and this forum you guys have intelligent well researched arguments that are relevant to the drifting community. on that note i just wanna show some research that my friend chris sent me.

In early September of 2007, it has been confirmed by a few unnamed Japanese magazines that Nissan is planning a new 4 cylinder, Rear Wheel Drive, Turbo sports coupe. Evidence of this confirmed report has been popping up all over the web with photos of what appears to be a test muel FM chassis that has been heavily chopped down and welded back together. The test muel FM chassis has been shortend quite a bit from a normal 350z and resembles what appears to be a much smaller hatchback hybrid (this can be seen in the images on the doors, roofline and front bumper + bonnet).
                It is speculated that with the GTR being re-released into the market all over the world, with the absence of the Silvia for so long, and the run away success of Nissans FM chassis (the 350z and G35/G37 and upcoming GTR) that the market place is ready once again for an affordable, turbo, rear drive sports car.
                The new iteration of the Silvia is rumored to be priced in a very affordable range of 21,000 to 23,000 USD and will be available as soon as 2010.

Nissan has neither confirmed nor denied any of the above claims, however, in 2003 and 2004, during a few key Nissan press conferences, Carlos Gohsn was asked about the Silvia in Japan, Australia and even the US. His reponse to the "Silvia" question was simply "It is a good time to be a Nissan fan. Keep your eyes and ears open around the time the new GTR is being released as you may find a surprise."

With all evidence pointing toward the above stated, its safe to say that an S16 is right around the corner.

Comment

^if thats true..than thats crazysauce...i remember readin this thread ways back..lol

Comment

Oh no, that info is on wikipedia, it must be the truth!!!!!

Comment

I forgot where I saw it, I think it was Motor Trend, but I saw a similar article a few months ago (more like Christmas). The main focus was a spy shot of a "shortened 350Z" that was being speculated as a new, affordable sports car. They figured that the 350Z body panels had just been thrown on the car to keep it under wraps.

Comment

Found this on another forum. Could it be true? I certainly hope so! That will further fuel the sport of drifting!
                        Hubert Young
                        KORE 8 Films

Comment

You know, I've been seeing 'New AE86' 'New Silvia' type stuff for a while. This is the first one that looks like it might be true.

Here's an image of something they've been testing:
                          Last edited by eomund240; 10-26-2007, 01:47 PM.

Comment

my s16 vision..

Last edited by sr20tom; 05-01-2008, 03:06 AM.

Comment

design looks weird

what the hell is a sr20vet??????

Comment

HAHAHAHA

Looks like a retarded Nissan Altima Coupe.

Comment

Working...
                                X