This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CourtneyDayFan

By the way, I am sure the producers and staff of Redline are reading, so your criticism, as long as it's constuctive, could help.
    I hope so... Actually you know courtny really well, so could you pass my post on to them threw her? I want this show to be successful, and im sure you want her to be successful and i feel the things i suggested are very important.

Never mind.. i broke one of my own rules, i posted rapidly before i had i chance to view everyone else's response...

But yeah.. one thing i highly recommend is longer single camera angle shots. Let people see a full out drifting battle from the D1 or something to see how it works! That would be a good explanation.

Anyways listen to Mister Yen and Pfieffer they are both skilled and respected in this little sport of ours. Hell... feel free to hire some guys like them up for alittle consultant work. I know they would probably apreciate it.

And i am glad you guys from redline are reading our little message board and listening to us. It means alot. Please ignore some of the more harsh post, but also listen to the wise and suggestive post. Aparently all your stuff is good, but it needs to be reedited and our hostest needs to be alittle more comfortable it seems... im telling you one of those jumpsuites the racing teamsware would be nice!

anyways thanks for listening.

And to the rest of our users, you need to understand if you dont like something explaining it calmly and clearly is by far superior to just insulting it... This is a pretty busy board we get alot of people comming threw, so your words, if wise, may influence someone or something in the industry... this board has given the humblest fan and the biggest pro a mouth piece to make there feelings about the industry heard. So please lets keep it respectable and clean.
    Last edited by nissanguy_24; 07-06-2004, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Drift cars already do have neon, "dubs", and altezzas. Too late buddy. Drifting has been mainstream before u were born. In Japan that is.

Comment

Interesting feedback

Glad to hear that people watched...even more glad to see some feedback.

Many assumptions and notes were spot on...most of us on the production team agree that each topic was lightly discussed, but this was done on purpose, more as an intro and explanation.

Future episodes will hopefull go deeper into each profile, showcase car sounds and in-car experiences more dramatically, etc.

I was dissappointed that people didn't praise the JGTC coverage or drift coverage more. Thought we showcased something no one has ever showcased before (hell, JGTC has never been on TV in America before) and a profile of Alex explaining what drifting is and the various techniques (we thought) was something never done on TV before.

As for 2NR, that show died because the hosts didn't get to shape the programming....as enthusiasts themselves, they didn't get to pick the features, the parent company did. That won't happen here.

Redline is run by a full staff of car nuts, including the owner of Modified magazine. And despite on joker's claims, I do in fact work on and modify my own cars, own an SCCA and an NHRA license and have a wee bit of experience in the performance world.

As for sponsors, you have to remember that any company is free to buy commercials...we have little control over that.

As one fellow pointed out, this was indeed the first episode. Expect to see more JGTC coverage, more drifting coverage, interviews with real Japanese drivers (again, a first) and this was the first tuner show to showcase tuner cars at the track. I'm pushing very hard for more performance stats, rather than overviews of the cars and their parts.

As for the *ahem* gentlemen who suggested that perhaps I'm in it for the money, let me offer a friendly reminder that I get paid to offer marketing solutions and programs that provide exposure to the affiliated partners. You may call it 'selling out,' some call it 'having the best job in the world.' Unlike some, I pour a great deal of my earned money right back into the hobby....much to the dismay of my ladies ;-)

Stay tuned...the best is yet to come...and thanks to those of you offering constructive criticisms.

Comment

LOL - Craig Lieberman is here?!

-MR

Comment

I have a suggestion

Please make the shows more like Option and Best Motoring videos and less, I don't know, "ricey" I guess. For me, the draw of Option and BMI is not that they're Japanese, but they have what the shows here in America lack: minimal stupid music and dumb effects, hosts and commentators that know what they're talking about and they're not trying to push some sort of market. It's blatantly obvious that you're trying to appeal to the "Fast and Furious" crowd and it really turns me off (and I'm sure it's the same for alot of others). Even though sex does sell, we don't want some supermodel reading off cue cards. Although she's easy on the eyes, a male host may work better. And not some Eminem wannabe. You need someone that actually knows what they're talking about. Anyways, I'm not trying to be harsh, I'm thought maybe some constructive criticism might help.
            And, oh yeah, they have had JGTC on Speed Channel before. I should know. I watched it.

Comment

damn, this show is getting butchered in its first week. i missed it but will try to catch this next week.

i'm not saying anything but it's going to be over when the live sockets boys get their tv show. only then will the revolution be televised!

Comment

JGTC was on the speed channel first, and drifting was first on Super2nr.

Comment

are you sure it was on Super2nr first? I remeber seeing a short 3 mintue thingy on drifting on the Speed channel about a year and half ago. I could be wrong

Comment

Have Alex host the show

-MR

Comment

I agree have Alex host the show. That would be cool.

Comment

Originally posted by mranlet
                        LOL - Craig Lieberman is here?!

-MR
                        wtf ???!!!!

Comment

LOL... "Craig Lieberman is here"

I'm always amazed that people are amazed that I ACTUALLY am involved in the tuner scene, not just trying to be "a sell out and make money from it."

If anyone bothers to do any research, they'd see that I'm an active member of dozens of forums, including:
                          E46Fanatics.com
                          ImportSpeed-South.com
                          Houston-Imports.com
                          I-Clubs.com
                          6SpeedOnline.com
                          S2kiForums.com
                          FreshAlloy.com
                          M3Forum.net
                          ScionLife.com
                          VWVortex.com
                          MKIV.com
                          OnlineShowoff.com
                          NFTunerz.com
                          SkylineGTR.com
                          AutomotiveForums.com
                          MBWorld.org

and many, many more. I ALWAYS post under my own name and I do in fact associate with predominantly younger people, mostly tuners.

I surf, monitor and post on forums often...being "in touch" with members of forums, this one included, gives me REAL insight into the thoughts of the tuner world as a whole.

I'm always glad to receive questions, input and yes, even criticism....which is hard to take seriously considering that more often than not, the person criticisizing has never met me. Oh well, makes them look the jacka$$, IMHO.

Anyway, if you'd like to email me privately, please feel free to do so at clieberman@magnaflow.com

Comment

I've already read on other forums outside the automotive industry that they watched soley because of the hostess, not because of the drifting and cars. They said they could care less about that part.
                            I think that is quote is funny because this show is about drifting and not the hostess. Obviously they are watching the wrong show because although she maybe beautiful most drifters are looking for creditability, not just a pretty face. Anyhow, The show seemed to be geared toward the FnF youths, it happens when your trying to cover anything import related, and I thought this show would deviate from that norm. However, i feel that the show was...Alright...I do hope the show gets better. I think more emphasis needs to be placed on drifting, drifters, and the technical aspects of drifting. Possibly, the shows format should follow a basic racing coverage, with less distractions. I know that doesn't catch the attention of the FnF crowd, but more automotive enthusiast would probably pay more attention if the marketing strategy was more of a product development or diversification than market penetration. I do want coverage about JGTC and drifting to succeed, not fail; I want to see this type of action more national networks, not just the speed channel, there is more than nascar out there. I hope the recent trends in covering the "import scene" does not sink this program.
                            Last edited by SilviaLove; 07-06-2004, 02:27 PM.

Comment

my critisism is u shudnt ruin perfect cars like the Blackbird R34 Gt-r

Comment

Originally posted by MrodDrft
                                my critisism is u shudnt ruin perfect cars like the Blackbird R34 Gt-r
                                ^ i agree, the R34 is a known dream car to all, racers and drifters alike. many people I know said that you killed it and even some j-guys said they could do better...i dont if you decide on all the mods on it but you should have stop them from doing it....maybe Redline T.V. should interview tuning shops like Signal Auto or even Top Secret and their D1 drivers...and put Andy Yen and Alex Pfieffer on as the host sometimes...that would be tight.....show some hardcore drift battles and no music just have the sound of the tires...the cool blow-off sound and the crowd cheering like crazy....that would be a REAL GOOD SHOW....and lastly i think everyone knows that drifting doesnt need sex appeal to sell...just my 2 cents here

Comment

Working...
                                X