Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm with Tighty on this one Nissan. I haven't seen the show nor want to, but I'm not going to boycott the sponsors.

To me drifting is just a past time, and I love it. I would like to see drifting become bigger then what it is, which it is doing. As it grows and more people get into the sport, people strive to be better then the next person and I'm one that LOVES competition. But like "street racing" I don't want to see a movie (such as F&F) be made out of it unless it TRULY portrays the heart and soul of drifting. By that I mean... no decked out cars with sponsors, (not that I have a problem with him but) no Paul Walker, no ACTORS for that matter. A show for the moment is fine. As Nissanguy stated, its just a bonus.

I pretty sure I speak for everyone, due to the fact that most people say it, when I say "I'd like to see drifting get big." But there is still need for it to remain somewhat of an 'underground' sport. Frankly I'd rather not have laws and other random crap be set forth to ban drifting in any way shape or form. Yes, I understand that drifting on public roads is illegal, but I've become fond of the excuse "Sorry officer, I'm learning stick and I accidentally slipped it in to the wrong gear going around the turn." I've had my fair share of speeding violations, both on and off government property for that matter.

To Mr. Lieberman:

Sir, I understand that you come from the same background as us. You may consider yourself a 'drifter,' you may have years more experience then all of us. But that does not mean you can come on this forum and ridicule someone for how they feel about something or someone, even if you are the one being spotlighted by someone. I understand you have been defending yourself, and frankly you have every right to. If you want to redeem yourself, I purpose that talk with your "clients" about your experience here and show them how we feel. Then create a new post asking about how we feel drifting should be portrayed on television. HINT: You want your clients to make money correct? The best way to do that is to find out what the consumer wants. Obviously you can see that.

I don't personally think a boycott is necessary, though history has shown it is a very powerful tool, but so is communication. I think a thirty minute show that showed drifting is cool, but why watch something that I can do on my own.

On another note...

I have a lot of respect for Nissanguy due to the fact that:
    A) We can all have a reasonable conversation with out saying "I'm better then you and that’s final."
    B) Yes, we have disagreements, but that’s no reason to get huffy and puffy just to get your point know.

You showed that you can respect and disrespect people among this forum, but I for one do not consider this place a "bathroom wall" and I sincerely hope you will take that back.

You have angered people, and that is something you should not blow off, especially if you want your clients to sell their goods. Nissanguy is serious and so are the others. They will boycott you and your clients. You should not think of this as a bathroom wall when it comes to drifting. If you screw up here, you are inevitably screwing your self. Maybe you do not realize it, but this is the biggest place for drifting. I mean for God's sakes it is Drifting.Com!

I do hope you will fix this situation. I think this arguing should end. Remember one thing; we don't care how good anyone is or how experienced they have become in their life. We are all here because we all love drifting and we want to be around others that love it too.

BTW... My name is Isaac Burton Jessup; I am 17 years of age. I live in southern Georgia. Heh... I never like my middle name.

Mr. Lieberman, I don't think you should leave, as Nissan guy stated, rather I feel it would be better to ask for opinions of what should be done. Don't try to fit in, because you have already ruined your reputation here so far. If you want your Clients to make money, ask us what we want.

There’s my two cents. Like I said before, you don’t have to leave Craig, but don't try to be a badass here. I'd rather see a rush or noobs then someone trying to be a badass. I know from experience that trying to be a badass can cost you money, or in my case new side panels and rear right wheel.

Comment

OK. Who voted twice?

Comment

I'm in.

Hopefully, Craig will be OUT.

Comment

PEEKABOO!

Comment

Re: Sorry to disappoint...

Originally posted by craiglieberman
            I voted AGAINST myself! Hehehe
            Craig Lieberman?...Didn't your dad run for president? Haha jk, I know who you are. Well here's my opinion, anything having to do with Fast and the Furious and very bad taste must die...(metaphorically)

zannen naa...

Comment

In

Comment

Is that Lieberman on the right?

Comment

Oh yeah, In

Comment

I have BEEN THERE, DONE THAT. If you don't think sliding a 240Z around canyon roads in 1986 is the same as Touge today, you're out in left field. My point was, I DID IT ALREADY and I believe this, among other experiences, make me qualified to consult for so many companies.
                    So tune in this week and send your hate emails to me, clieberman@magnaflow.com
                    -------------------------------------------------------

That A--hole Craig said this!!!!!
                    I'm in
                    Last edited by my 1 88 u; 07-09-2004, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Redline-TV

I am one of the executive producers of Redline TV. I just wanted to let you guys know that we are listening and appreciate your feedback. Thank you.

Please know that Redline TV's production team is full of car enthusiasts. With a passion for the automotive aftermarket, we wanted to make a show that is true to the automotive enthusiast. We value what you guys have to say!

Remember, you guys have only seen the first episode. There are more to come. We will continue to work hard on Redline TV. We will continue to make changes to the show...they might not be immediate since some of the shows have already been produced, but know that you have been heard!

check out: www.redline-tv.com
                      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this is true then get rid of Craig to get us to watch and support.

Comment

I think Craig Lieberman is out to promote his own butt...

I was reading a documentary in Popular Science or Maxim or some other non-car related magazine about how some inventor guy was paid to soup up hundred or so cars in a month. This was all done for Fast and the Furious 2

Craig Lieberman claimed all the credit for the cars in that movie... Who the hell is he... Craig if I meet you in real life, know that I'm not a jerk. I just hate people who will sell out people for their own name's sake.

I'm all for boycotting it... Heck I don't even own Cable or Satellite. Thank God...

Anyways, Craig Lieberman is a person who's going to screw up drifting for all of us.

I am 23 years old and I'm saving up for an S13... I've been wanting one for some time before "drifting" was a commonly known word in the USA... Just never bothered to get one. I second you NissanGuy_24...

Matt.

Comment

Err....Since the other thread is closed,looks like I don't get a chance to counter the attack on me for now.In the words of Craig and RJ "he's a hater".Yeah,regardless of the opinions I had before the show aired,I watched it with an open mind,I gave it a chance.Well,I'm here aren't I,that says enough about the show.

In...

Thanks for the support guys and for supporting Nissanguy on this.It's always easier to bend over for these guys like the rest,but it takes a man to stand up for what he believes in.

Comment

voting against your self? its like "hey guys look at me im cool!"
                            all this corporate stuff is pissing me off now...

count me in

Comment

There’s my two cents. Like I said before, you don’t have to leave Craig, but don't try to be a badass here. I'd rather see a rush or noobs then someone trying to be a badass. I know from experience that trying to be a badass can cost you money, or in my case new side panels and rear right wheel.
                              It can also cost you 100s of bucks in court fees for a stupid speeding ticket I did today...

65 MPH in a 40 MPH zone... I am an idiot who thinks he's got bigger balls than anyone else.

Matt.

Comment

Nissanguy2401: so thats yes you join the boycott?
                                MrodDrft: yea im in

and fient thanks for the support and kind words.

Comment

Working...
                                X