A70 Supra + 2JZGTE Motor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suberi_RPS13
    I don't know about that RB buddy, but if you got the cash and want to try it go right ahead...then tell me how it goes.

Sorry if that came out pissy...
    only saying it's an option.

Comment

Originally posted by mk3mann
      the 7m has low down torque...while the 1-2j's HAVE torque but you must stroke them out for the max....have you ever seen a 800+ hp 2jz WITHOUT a stroker kit??? NO...
      A 2jz is a stroked 1jz with a worse-flowing head. There are quite a number of 2jz's that have made 900-1000rwhp on the stock bottom end. That said, I don't see why someone would spend ~$3,000-$5,000 to convert a 7m-gte to a 1jz. That money could easily make a beast out of the 7m instead of ending up with a nearly stock 1jz. If you started with a NA to begin with I could understand, but the 7m-gte makes plenty of power and has a nice smooth powerband that you don't have to rev the bejesus out of.

The real reason the 1jz is still around in Japan has more to do with Japan's car classification (and taxation) based on engine size. The 7m and 2jz are 3.0 liter engines -- quite large for a japanese market. The 1jz is 2.5 liters. Hell, most mkiv supras raced in japan ended up with the 2.0 liter 3s-gte so it could run in a better class. It wasn't until the last 90's and early part of this century that people really began to unleash the power of the 2jz...

Comment

Originally posted by mk3mann
        that is the most BS i have EVER heard....you need to get your butt out of this thread before .......grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

WTF is your problem bashing the 7m motor...last time i checked it lasted for over 15 years....the 5m....etc...

the 7m has low down torque...while the 1-2j's HAVE torque but you must stroke them out for the max....have you ever seen a 800+ hp 2jz WITHOUT a stroker kit??? NO...

yes the motor is old, yes it has antiquated technology...but thats the beuty of it...its just that simple ( same with the 4ag series and the Sr's...)
        I like the sound of the 7ms too..very throaty and not too ricey, but the howl of a 1j or 2j just makes my spine tingle!

whatever you fancy you need to think twice before you bash another 7m...

remember if it WERENT for the 7m much less the 5m there would be no 1j or 2j series motor to boot!!!!!!! you got to learn somewhere

peace...and when you see my car built up real soon, well see who laughs at the 7m...

plain and simple my friend I agree with most of what you said ... the 7m is a more than capable power house, too *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* ... want to know how I know, I OWN ONE! I've blown 3 7ms and 11 bhgs . and have seen a built 7m. have been in one, and have seen a reliable 7m ... what all these have in common is that they hate revvs.

yes the stories of the imfamous BHG is true but not as extreme as many make it seem to be ... with my case I'm an extreme example! but once done right (for high HP apps) either metal head gasket with arp head studs or O Ringing . then you will be able to have fun with that engine.

but the biggest misconseption is that this engine will starve itself of oil in High G turning and kill itself, yes it can be fixed, but the fact of the matter is the 1j is a better engine all together. but will cost more than a 7m ... if you are looking for the long run though (excluding smog costs US only) the 1j can support more HP with the stock bottem end than a 7m can.

and like ma71supraturbo said 2js have been seen to produce high HP with stock bottem ends.

You can go ahead and build your 7m, if you do it correctly then you should have no major issues, but do your reseach first b.c the correct rout isn't always the cheapest!

if you want to save money then you have chosen the wrong platform to build on.

my biggest advice if you go 7m is to blue print, knife edge and balance your 7m. Also don't forget to modify you oil pan. unless you plan in gonig in a straight line

either way good luck, enjoy your 7m, as I will enjoy my 1j

Comment

I Will just weld on some extra baffles and increse the oil load....that will take care of that.

or just top off the oil over 1 quart...yeah it will rev a little slower due to fluid dynamics..but hey if it saves my car...

Comment

u can also do a dry sump and a beafy oil cooler

Comment

an A70 would be pro but youll need to add some power.

Comment

this is awsome http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...hreadid=211555

my kind of nissan

Comment

Working...
                X