No announcement yet.

Formula D Sonoma (FEEDBACK)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea i saw that. Then the announcer said he was "Bangin on that thing like it was a rental" LoL i thought that was funny. Ross Petty said he wasnt trying to win though. He was just there to have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by swifty949
      i hate to say it cause i like the RMR guys, but it needs to be said. That smoke screen rhys pulled after he spun was not cool, calvin couldn't see a thing as he was coming behind. Nor was it cool of Rhys to bump the other car intentionally.

Formula D needs to regulate the drivers to ensure a safe competition.
      This is part of drifting and racing...

People die in racing. Drifting is not the safest sport in the world. Relatively safer than most other types of racing though...

Drifting is a competetive sport. Accidents and smoke are part of it. They should make rules, but saying that someone is cheating when rules for that don't yet exist isn't exactly correct...

Matt.

Comment

I just got home from Sonoma, and wanted to see what was said about Sam winning. I actually work on that car, and am the one who transports it to all the events. I hate to read that people think that he is cheating or doesn't deserve to win. There wasn't one single person who competed in the event that had a problem with it, that I talked to. Sam is an AWESOME driver, and I think where he excells most is in his ability to pressure the guy next to him and cause that driver to beat himself and spin out or go off course. As far as I know, he has not made contact with any other cars, and just beats most competitors mentally. Most of the people who say he wouldn't stand a chance against D1 drivers have probably never seen him drive. I could probably put him in a 1978 Olds Delta 88 and he could drive the *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* out of it. That is just the way he is. Before this event, I put brand new shocks out of the box on the car with no adjustment to them. I told him this, and that the car would be very different from Houston and he just said that he would figure it out, and make it work. That is what makes him a great driver. His ability to adapt to what ever car he is in. As for myself, obviously the Viper is my favorite car out there, but if I had one to drive everyday on the street, it would either be Dai's or Forsbergs. Both those cars are sick. One last thing. I was reading that Mazda has no factory backing in this sport???? The JIC RX8 is a factory Mazda car I believe. I talked to Todd Kaneko in Laguan Seca and if I remember right, he said they were getting a car ready for the series. I could be wrong, but I think it is Factory Mazda with JIC colors on it. Anyways, I have a blast at these events, have made some new friends and am looking forward to seeing everyone at Irwindale. If you have any questions for me, you can AIM me anytime. See ya at the races..

Comment

Originally posted by NFJohn
          I just got home from Sonoma, and wanted to see what was said about Sam winning. I actually work on that car, and am the one who transports it to all the events. I hate to read that people think that he is cheating or doesn't deserve to win. There wasn't one single person who competed in the event that had a problem with it, that I talked to. Sam is an AWESOME driver, and I think where he excells most is in his ability to pressure the guy next to him and cause that driver to beat himself and spin out or go off course. As far as I know, he has not made contact with any other cars, and just beats most competitors mentally. Most of the people who say he wouldn't stand a chance against D1 drivers have probably never seen him drive. I could probably put him in a 1978 Olds Delta 88 and he could drive the *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* out of it. That is just the way he is. Before this event, I put brand new shocks out of the box on the car with no adjustment to them. I told him this, and that the car would be very different from Houston and he just said that he would figure it out, and make it work. That is what makes him a great driver. His ability to adapt to what ever car he is in. As for myself, obviously the Viper is my favorite car out there, but if I had one to drive everyday on the street, it would either be Dai's or Forsbergs. Both those cars are sick. One last thing. I was reading that Mazda has no factory backing in this sport???? The JIC RX8 is a factory Mazda car I believe. I talked to Todd Kaneko in Laguan Seca and if I remember right, he said they were getting a car ready for the series. I could be wrong, but I think it is Factory Mazda with JIC colors on it. Anyways, I have a blast at these events, have made some new friends and am looking forward to seeing everyone at Irwindale. If you have any questions for me, you can AIM me anytime. See ya at the races..
          Ahhh you live in Corona!!!! Me too!!! Do you have access to his car....I would to touch it, hehe. But I'll post here what I posted somewhere else about the viper winning....

The Viper is almost impossible to beat. It's so fast that everyone really pushes to keep up and end up making mistakes. And when he follows he's always trying to pass.
          Well if they tried to keep up and make mistakes whos fault is that?? Not the guy driving the viper but the one competing against him and making the mistakes.

I dont know if it was really trying to pass up but I think its pressure on the one leading. Which I think is usually always happens.

Its like saying at the last D1 its the S15 drivers fault, the 86 couldnt keep up and made mistakes, didnt make it. You know what I mean...it just seems some of you guys are blaming the problem on the faster car, and plus the publicity its getting.

Like you said before it isn't about getting ahead of the person leading..but being able to give pressure and show the better skills. Am I not right??

Comment

I hope people get what I'm saying....Kinda random but not if you thinka about it. I'm sure people are sayign the same thing over at other boards.

Vipers too fast, no body can keep it. Hes always trying to get ahead during tandem.

But now you'll get what I was saying before

Comment

Todd Kaneko? The guy with the awesome 240Z? I've gotta meet that guy, hehe. Anyway, I had a blast, minus the 3.50 for a drink, the burning weather, and the dryed out eyes, hehe. No really I'd do it all again in a heartbeat. I really liked how the DJ would play music for each of the drivers' intros. Like playing heavy trance music for Rhys and Sam while they slid out onto the course, and "Me so horney" for Alex. That was hilarious! I seriously think they've gotta add music to the D1 next year. I can't wait for the next event.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickdmarz
                Ahhh you live in Corona!!!! Me too!!! Do you have access to his car....I would to touch it, hehe. But I'll post here what I posted somewhere else about the viper winning....

Well if they tried to keep up and make mistakes whos fault is that?? Not the guy driving the viper but the one competing against him and making the mistakes.

I dont know if it was really trying to pass up but I think its pressure on the one leading. Which I think is usually always happens.

Its like saying at the last D1 its the S15 drivers fault, the 86 couldnt keep up and made mistakes, didnt make it. You know what I mean...it just seems some of you guys are blaming the problem on the faster car, and plus the publicity its getting.

Like you said before it isn't about getting ahead of the person leading..but being able to give pressure and show the better skills. Am I not right??
                We keep the car at our shop in Ontario, but it is on it's way to Denver and the Mile High Nationals to go on Display in a corporate booth. It should be back in our posession in a week or so..Where in Corona?

Comment

Originally posted by Pennyman
                  Todd Kaneko? The guy with the awesome 240Z? I've gotta meet that guy, hehe. Anyway, I had a blast, minus the 3.50 for a drink, the burning weather, and the dryed out eyes, hehe. No really I'd do it all again in a heartbeat. I really liked how the DJ would play music for each of the drivers' intros. Like playing heavy trance music for Rhys and Sam while they slid out onto the course, and "Me so horney" for Alex. That was hilarious! I seriously think they've gotta add music to the D1 next year. I can't wait for the next event.
                  Forget the 240. I am in love with his 510. Last I saw it, it was at Abel Ibarra's shop getting some work done to it. Looks like it hasn't seen the road in a long time. But a beautiful car it is..

Comment

We keep the car at our shop in Ontario, but it is on it's way to Denver and the Mile High Nationals to go on Display in a corporate booth. It should be back in our posession in a week or so..Where in Corona?
                    wheres the shop in the Ontario??? I would love to come down and chat with you guys!!! I live in Mira Loma technically but my mom lives in Corona. Uptown..on foothill...hey pm me!

Comment

$4.00 for a hot dog! WOW! For my first drifting event I can tell there is going to be a lot of money spent throughout the rest of my life attending these shows...but trying to imagine the amount of money privateers spend in the wonderful world of drifting is mind boggling. Tires, Clutches (Speaking of clutches, I wonder how many got smoked just by the people waiting in line to park...The line of traffic I passed to get into the show smelled horribly of burnt matter! Some people really need to learn how to properly use the clutch)...Transmissions, Axles and the rest of the wrath in which a drift car goes through... Any one out there have an estimate?

Comment

Im really sorry to inform you, but since you must not of been paying attention at any one of the past three Formula D events "No one competing in the series accepts the Viper or Samuel due to that he stands behind that Works car and defends the legality of it being in the series. The only reason that vehicle is still competing in Formula D " possibly unknown to you " is that all of us competing in the FD series took a vote after the Atlanta event in an FD meeting " that none of the Mopar team nor Sam showed up to for some reason " and voted the car in until the end of the 04 season, the reason why we did so is because we felt that if we kicked it out Sam would not of been able to catch another ride quick enough to complete the series. As for Sam making contact don't forget Laguna Seca please.
                        Im not sure if you were at the podium when Sam was announced the winner but if you were then you saw that no more than 3 people clapped for him " Pretty sad I say " but as for Calvin and Dai they both got such a loud congrats from all. If Sam ever wants to fit in which is most likely to late, is to first get into a car that is non disputed production car.
                        Personally I like him yes he is a little snobby but thats just the euro in him I guess, As for his driving " He is Awesome and its true that he could possibly drive anything in his path. Most of us in the series feel that if he was still in the Jasper Supra then he might of been way more excepted by everyone and still possibly kicking all of our asses.

Comment

Thoughts on Sonoma...

GREAT track. The good drivers loved it, the semi-new drivers found it easy to learn on. Very very fast entry speed in to #1. Vaughn Gettin (JR) hit 100mph, or roughly 151kmh before he kicked it sideways. Im sure Rhys or Sam may have made more. No major wrecks, just a few wall taps. I think Gushis was the most damage. I didnt see this though, just the after effect. More than 1 car went airborne. 1st was one of 86's. Hit a dip at full entry speed in to #1 and went sideways and airborne. Took out a tire on that one. Then a few others hit the curbing around #1 including Mr Papadakis who got some damn good air!

GREAT crowd! Everyone was very enthusiastic and was there open to close. Lots of questions about the cars, and the setups. Everyone had their favorite out there, even people that were watching for the 1st time.

GREAT competitors...most of em. COUGHCOUGHILLKEEPMYMOUTHSHUTCOUGHCOUGH. Where else would you see a race car driver/owner just throw the keys to their car to someone else to help em out? When Gushi hurt his ride, Ernie stepped up and let him run his car. When Calvin broke an axle, JR let Calvin use his car. Mind you, this is JRs daily driver. I could go on about this...but I'll end it there.

All the drivers did very well. It was nice to see that Derek and the Hell Camino made the trip. Although seems as if they missed their 'Falken' tires.

To Calvin and the Falken crew ( i know youre reading ) Thank you all so much for a great weekend. Calvin, you did an amazing job. I could just imagine what would have happened if you could have finished in your own car. We'll have to line you and Sam up in DC or Irwindale and try it again! I cant believe how well you did in JRs car. Craziness.

If anyone has any vids...Id love to see em

I'll have my pics up tomorrow...for now,

Comment

Originally posted by driftingpink
                            Im really sorry to inform you, but since you must not of been paying attention at any one of the past three Formula D events "No one competing in the series accepts the Viper or Samuel due to that he stands behind that Works car and defends the legality of it being in the series. The only reason that vehicle is still competing in Formula D " possibly unknown to you " is that all of us competing in the FD series took a vote after the Atlanta event in an FD meeting " that none of the Mopar team nor Sam showed up to for some reason " and voted the car in until the end of the 04 season, the reason why we did so is because we felt that if we kicked it out Sam would not of been able to catch another ride quick enough to complete the series. As for Sam making contact don't forget Laguna Seca please.
                            Im not sure if you were at the podium when Sam was announced the winner but if you were then you saw that no more than 3 people clapped for him " Pretty sad I say " but as for Calvin and Dai they both got such a loud congrats from all. If Sam ever wants to fit in which is most likely to late, is to first get into a car that is non disputed production car.
                            Personally I like him yes he is a little snobby but thats just the euro in him I guess, As for his driving " He is Awesome and its true that he could possibly drive anything in his path. Most of us in the series feel that if he was still in the Jasper Supra then he might of been way more excepted by everyone and still possibly kicking all of our asses.
                            Is this Andy Yen??? Is someone a sore loser???? haha JK

Seems like you guys are kinda anal for being mad at him for sticking with his sponsorship. Its like you guys are just gonna hold a grudge to him forever.. "If Sam ever wants to fit in, most likely to late" I dont know if someone would want to fit in ifs it gonna be like that. Or are you talking about the drift watching community?? Anways a few of those cars make like 300 hp...so his makes stock 255 hp. I don't really see the big deal.

Comment

Although my feelings about $150k+ cars out in this series...the Viper is certainly beatable.

Comment

I was just wondering if anyone ever thought about the weight of that car? People keep talking about the horsepower of the viper but if you stop to consider the ratio of horsepower to weight/weight distribution, the viper is one of, if not THE hardest car to drift in the competition.

From what I have read Samuel seems to be a very nice, down to earth guy and I wish people would stop being bitter about him being the Michael Schumacher of D1 series and just say "Nice Job"!!! I hope he sweeps the series and I hope that next year he does the same!!

Comment

Working...
                                X